1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many dir submissions make a difference ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by nufcfan, Aug 11, 2012.

Hi i have just started submitting to directories ranging PR0 TO PR4 so far ive submitted to around 500 my question is how many does it take to make a diffrence, assuming they are all approved ? also how long does it take to make any form of difference.

nufcfan, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They don't make any difference these days except to get your site the unnatural links warning!

Agent000, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  3. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Well as long as the difference is concerned it in my view only depend on the quality of the web directory ,sometimes there will be a 1 submission in to a well maintained spam free quality directory and it will make alot more difference as compared to submission in several badly reputed directories (spammy and poorly edited).
    Always choose directories which have good design template (showing interest of the owner),Showing spam free listings,well aranged categories,no google adds (because sometimes directories are only meant for adds and give less interest to directory editings and selections),updating content(submissions),and to some extent pr...

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  4. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you clearify the unatural link warning statement? On what proof and bases are you saying this ???

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  5. Agent000

Best Answers:
    A listing in a directory that you submit to is the very definition of what Google considers an unnatural link! It was not editorially given! Have you not noticed all the sites that are getting the unnatural link warning from Google for doing just this? The directory business is dead and buried. The only ones still promoting it are the deluded directory owners and the gullible who submit sites.

6. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh lol bro you are completely misguided link from a reputed and well indexed directory is still considered a meaningfull and pushing link for seo and serps.
    I myself being owner of directories reciving submission from individual web setup owners as well as from high reputed seo companies, what links you are talking about are the links that are from spamy and unedited web directories and GOOD AND BAD EXIST IN EVERY THING !

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    There is not ONE high reputed professional SEO company that uses directory submission anymore.
    The only "SEO's" that still use directories are just the link building shops.

You have a vested interest in believing that they work. That clouds you judgement. The whole idea of the penguin update was to get rid of this form of link building. If your links/sites have not yet been affected wait for further iterations of Penguin. Its only a mater of time.

8. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you are completely explainig things the other way round and without any proofs you are claiming very big big statements, btw who are benefiting from the submissions from the well maintained and quality web directory know its importance..And will continue doing it..
    SEO IS SOO UNPREDICTABLE AND A FIELD WITH NO BOUNDARIES, no one cant be accurate 100%.

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    You don't have any proof either!

Perhaps you can explain why ALL the nationally recognized reputable professional SEO companies do not directory submissions or recommend not doing them? .. surely that must tell you something? It is only your clouded vision as you own a directory that prevents you seeing what is going on.

10. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Because they have gotten afraid because of fake news like these but soon what ever (most prob g.penguin) has brought this bad air it will turn back to the skies and you will see that people will again start submiting there sites with a double motto , its now only just THIS BAD AIR WHICH IS MADE BY SOME EXAGERATION CREATING AND SELF BENEFITNG SEOers..
    at the €nd i can TILL YOU THAT A LINK FROM A REPUTED AND QUALITY DIRECTORY IS OF VERY HIGH VALUE EVEN TO YOU ANG THE BLIND PENGUIN ;)

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  11. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Lets see, who should I trust and believe:

1. You with a vested financial interest in a directory
    2. Every single nationally recognized professional SEO

I don’t believe or trust you.

12. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets see... But TRUTH NEVER FADES

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  13. citadelsystems

citadelsystems Peon

Best Answers:
    You will not get more benefit if you are submitting in directories having PR0. Better try to submit your link in any websites having a good pr values then only it will helpful

citadelsystems, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  14. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Ever single one huh? Wow, that's is totally amazing and I suppose you personally contacted each one of them and asked if they submit to directories. Man, that must have taken you months! Friends, this is exactly how misinformation gets started....!

LakeCountry, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  15. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly ! And this is how the new blackmaler SEOers are earning and filling there pockets, by creating rumors like these and then sending the link removal requests themselves or by convincing the link owner...
    This all bad air is created by false rumors and EXAGERATIONS !

arshid, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  16. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please do some more research before you make such statements.

It's been no secret that the "professional SEO" community has attacked directories out in the open while quietly continuing to submit their client sites to directories. They've done this for years, it's nothing new.

The link warnings have to do with the anchor text more so than where the links are coming from. Since many directories kept whatever anchor/title text was submitted, over-submitted sites are getting warnings for having too many links with the same exact keyword phrase. The warnings are identifying blog comments, forum signatures and directories.

If anyone here has an agenda and is spreading misinformation, it would appear to be you Agent000.

YMC, Aug 12, 2012 IP
    silencer likes this.
  17. nufcfan

nufcfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well im still going to continue submitting to directories.

nufcfan, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  18. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience it is all about quality not quantity. I have had new sites that I have had submitted to hundreds of low quality free dirs (all of them were human edited but were your average dropped domain, turn key and general fly by night dirs) and got nothing.. no rankings no pr nothing.

Then I have submitted to a half dozen quality dirs with different new sites and got a little bit of seo juice, little traffic, little pr etc.

If someone has a quality site they will want something to place a link usually money or an article. A link farm with some google ads will not do anything positive for your site even if you get links from thousands of them=waste of time.

averyz, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  19. enterprisemind

enterprisemind Member

Best Answers:
    I would be interested in seeing how many directories it will take to boost a website to Google first page ranking myself. I have submitted to over 400 PR4 - PR 7 web directories and gotten great results. It appears that the better quality the site and web directory, the better the benefits of submitting to web directories.

enterprisemind, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  20. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the definition of the directory, since getting into a real directory actually does require editorial intervention. An unnatural link is actually far more likely to come from a blog (dofollow commenting) or forum (signatures), because those you can literally add without any moderation/approval whatsoever.

I do hear you on the vast quantities of "low value" directories that exist, and that these will actually hurt a site because they lack editorial integrity. But don't be ignorant and lump all directories in the same basket. You made a good argument, and then destroyed it with an idiotic generalisation.

Define reputable SEOs... Because all the big names still use directories. Link building happens everywhere. Twitter is link building, posting comments on blogs/forums is link building. Natural links, for the most part, don't really exist and certainly not in vast quantities.

You are only half right with what penguin is aiming to do. It's actually targeting matched anchor text. Many people conduct directory submissions the wrong way (they don't vary anchor or they submit very generic phrasing). It's the anchor that is the problem. It is the anchor that looks unnatural. It isn't the actual link itself (unless it is an irrelevant link).

Again, I think you make a good argument, but you let yourself down by making it about site type. Penguin isn't about site type at all. It is about the anchor variation and how sites are getting 000s of links with exactly the same anchor pointing at them... That is unnatural, no matter where those links come from.

You could submit to 0 directories and still get absolutely hammered by penguin.

silencer, Aug 23, 2012 IP