1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Notting, Feb 4, 2006.

Notting, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN is the best way to check links (it shows most of them wheras google only shows a few).

MSN shows 253 so I would not expect google to show anywhere near that amount. For my sites MSN shows 10x the links shown in google.

Unless you know which sites used to link to you it is hard to check why the links have dropped. Maybe you had a sitewide link and the site has had pages removed from the index? Having said that google would only count a sitewide link as 1 link I expect.

mad4, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  3. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right now I believe their datacenters are all in flux. There is a tool here:

http://www.seologs.com/data-center-check.html

...which will let you try your "link" query on every datacenter. When I try my own sites, I see that about half the datacenters give a high number, and the other half give a very low number. I hope the high number is the one that's taking over, but I honestly don't know.

I suspect in a week or two, it will have settled down and all the datacenters will show roughly the same thing.

-T

aboyd, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  4. EdwinF

EdwinF Guest

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't show all the backlinks, but knows about them.

EdwinF, Feb 5, 2006 IP