1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many articles can you wirite in one day?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by in7, Nov 25, 2009.

1. in7

in7 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what it usually takes me: about 1 hr. per 500 word article. I wonder if this is slow or average.

in7, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  2. teendudes

teendudes Peon

Best Answers:
    I write one article a day and the length varies. It takes around half an hour for me provided the idea and the style decided already. I give a great start and focus on the end, after all the end is everything!!!

teendudes, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  3. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on what you write, mainly...

omarabid, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  4. Blue[{bee}]

Blue[{bee}] Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can write around 1000 words in a day. It also depends on the topic.

Blue[{bee}], Dec 4, 2009 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can do a simple 500-word article in an hour, 3 or 4 in a day.

Most of the stuff I write is technical and most of the time is in research and fact checking. I can usually do a pretty nice technical article in 2-4 hours depending on the subject.

I don't claim to be a writer.. But I usually write about 5 articles a week and am always trying to improve my writing skills.

averyz, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  6. shiwangipeswani

shiwangipeswani Peon

Best Answers:
    I can write around 6-7 500 words article in one day,what ever the topic may be.

shiwangipeswani, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  7. dreamview

dreamview Peon

Best Answers:
    Article writing takes lots of mind storming and research. There are many things involved and one work for quality and uniqueness. It takes around one hour to make good one.

dreamview, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bet those are some good ones. :rolleyes:

averyz, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  9. in7

in7 Peon

Best Answers:
    It sound like a 500 word article in an hour is about average. It's good to know that I'm not too slow.

in7, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  10. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    in7, I am exactly the opposite! I type *very* fast, but I don't know what the heck to say :) :)
    We should connect via MSN, you talk and I'll do the typing :D
    On a serious note, has anyone tried the software that types whatever you speak into the microphone? I wonder if anyone has ever used it successfully to write articles. Or is it so bad that it becomes counterproductive?

MarkUSA, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  11. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the subject and the research required.

amarventris, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  12. markk600

markk600 Member

Best Answers:
    When I start from scratch, a 500 worded article will take me 10 minutes or less. But if taking orders, I limit myself on 60 articles daily even though I can write more.

If its rewriting, I can rewrite one in 5 minutes. Rewriting is easy because you already have the material you need.

markk600, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  13. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    The way I look at it, 500 words is not even an article.

Something that small is like an ad.

Unless you are an expert on a subject, no good article will be assembled in less than 4 hours with at least one decent image.

1000 words is more of an article. But even at 500, someone should be reading at least 3 or 4 reputable sources in entirety. That's possibly reading 4 articles to make one article. Each of those needs to be fact checked.

Once the article is written, it should receive at least 1 hour of editing and spell checking.

Nobody should be putting out more than 2 "original" articles in less than an 8 hour day. And if they are, I suspect they are mostly cutting and pasting and robbing paragraphs. Nothing written already is original, but if duplicated, should be completely rewritten in a brand new way.

The previous paragraphs here, are 153 words. Can you imagine merely just a tad over 3 times this posting, as being a bonafide article??

LOL

I think it would be more fair to say that something 500 words, is a "TIP" or "tidbit" of advice. An article is a thorough presentation on something.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    mdvaden, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  14. couponmeup

couponmeup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    About 5 articles per day if I am focused on it alone.
    I prefer now to outsource basis of article and then tune it to my specific needs.
    Saves a lot of time.

couponmeup, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  15. anniet

anniet Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the subject and length of the articled.
    from 200 tp 600 words if it a subject I am familiar with I can do 25 to 30 a day. But that is also a good way to get burned out really fast.
    100 word articles I can write all day long probably 35 to 50 a day. But I think 100 word artices are hardier to write. It is hard to get a lot of quality points on a subject in just 100 words.

As I write articles for clients, I have had some practice with just about every ninche and subject out there.

Anniet

anniet, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  16. sillyrock

sillyrock Guest

Best Answers:
    I can write six to ten articles but the content quality is very important in order to drive more traffic to your website from search engines.

sillyrock, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  17. anniet

anniet Peon

Best Answers:
    That is about average. The more articles you write it seems the more you will be able to write. The more fmiliar you are with the topic the smoother it seems to go.

anniet, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  18. anniet

anniet Peon

Best Answers:
    Once you start using talk n type and you get it trained so to speak it works pretty well. I just don't have the time o get it set up and working the way it needs to be.

anniet, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  19. in7

in7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard that typing speed should play a small role in how fast you can write an article. If that is true, I am amazed at those who can write 10, 15, or 20 articles in one day. Your post gives me an idea of how they may be doing it: narration. Do you think that many article writers, or at least the ones who turn out so many articles per day use some type of dictation software?

Maybe there is no secret. Maybe I just need to write more and practice more.

in7, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  20. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Typing speed has something to do with it for some of us. I don't have the new Dragon software (stupid Vista won't let me use my previous version), so I have to type everything. My best day so far was writing 37 articles in one day. The thing is, once I did the research, I knew the topic and could just crank them out.

The other side of that is that I didn't think they were all that good, though the client thought they were great. If it's a topic I know already and can just put my spin on it, along with facts, I've written 4 articles an hour. If I have to research, it ends up being at best 2 articles an hour, because I like to make sure I'm not copying what someone else has written. Luckily, I type 100+ words a minute also.

the writer, Dec 5, 2009 IP