1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Many Article Directories Should I Join to Improve Rankings?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by peoplesguide, Dec 7, 2014.

Do you have any idea on how many article directories should I join to improve my ranking and generate blog/website traffic as well. How may times do you usually post articles on article directories?

peoplesguide, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  2. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Nima, Dec 18, 2014 IP
    Agent000 and Focl like this.
  3. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More you create in short time worse for you or your client. Prefer quality instead quantity

Focl, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  4. mygoldvest

mygoldvest Active Member

Best Answers:
    On high pr directories backlink helps

mygoldvest, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  5. impros

impros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on the site age, I would build a 1 every few days if its a fairly new site. But yeah use a high pr list I always use this: http://www.strongestlinks.com/directories.php

impros, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Its been long said that submitting in quantity over quality yields less than favorable results. In other words, listing in 2-3 high quality directories usually carries more weight than submitting to 1000 crummy ones.

Mia, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  7. Qarah

Qarah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thinks the better way for ranking is keywords. Mostly non competitive keywords. Posting or submitting many articles at a time can affect your ranking. Hope this help?

Qarah, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  8. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    None. Article directories don't carry as much weight as it used to. Google is looking for quality content on your own site. In doing this if your content is engaging to the reader then its more than likely going to get shared with fb likes tweets ect. thus giving your site somewhat of a viral effect and giving you traffic to your site.

Hope this helps.

kb24, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It's generally better to focus on keyword phrases, specifically those that localize that search to a specific geographic and segment specific/niche'.

Searching for "widgets" is going to yield a lot more results than "special widgets from tempe az".

Mia, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me, I don't do mass submission of content on different article directory sites.
    I only go for the best/reputable directory sites, then I submit my article.
    I'd rather do creative content marketing than just focusing on submitting the same content on different article directories.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  11. tk-hassan

tk-hassan Member

Best Answers:
    You should only use top 30-40 article directories which provide quality backlinks. While doing article submission you have to make sure that you are not posting the exact same content on multiple sites as it can backfire and have a negative impact on your rankings. You should always use a unique content for each submission to get the desires results with your article submission work.

tk-hassan, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  12. onlinemarketplace

onlinemarketplace Member

Best Answers:
    Top article directories don't accept duplicate content. Those who allow it don't worth your attention and time. Unique, high quality articles submitted to some of the best article directories like Ehow, HubPages, Ezinearticles value much more than a bunch of backlinks from content farms.

onlinemarketplace, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  13. Ash Stronge

Ash Stronge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't spend alot of time worrying about article directories, unless there is a high amount of relevancy and authority within the page and root domain.

Even then, your probably better focussing or getting more natural links from a relevant, authoritative site that actually adds content that is used along with a link to your website.

Ash Stronge, Mar 30, 2015 IP