1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many ads is fine in this situation ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by i_am_dhaval, Sep 4, 2016.

i have created one campaign then one ad group then 5 keywords so for this campaign how many ads is fine ?

just one or more then one or two?

Thanks

i_am_dhaval, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You want to A/B test ads. That means two active ads. One is not a test, three or more simply dilutes the test and doesn't tell you much.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  3. Shareef_sts

Shareef_sts Member

Best Answers:
    I'll suggest you to create at least 2 ads, so you can have some data for comparison. Better if you will have 4 regular ads (2 desktop, 2 mobile) and 2 expanded ads. Then in a week or two review their performance (CTR, Conversion Rate) then make decision based on numbers. I'd pay more attention to CTR metric, since CTR is telling us on how good an ad is attracting people's attention (clicks).

Shareef_sts, Sep 9, 2016 IP
  4. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually 2 - 4 ads is good, then you need to analytic and try A/B testing to keep the better and pause all the rest.

daica85, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  5. Lindsey Walters

Lindsey Walters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Two ads at a time, do a test at which has the best clicks/earnings, and go with the set that's most productive. Give it some time, at least 5-7 days, so you have a good measure of performance.

Lindsey Walters, Sep 22, 2016 IP
  6. Veeshal Sharma

Veeshal Sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As my Observation about Google Adwords one campaign can contain a number of ad groups and one ad group may have number of Ads.
    but as you tested for 5 to 6 keywords for your ad.
    you must try create 4 to 5 different ads for the same services in one ad Group monitor them for 15 days. check out the google Adwords performance report for each ad, If one of the ads have high CTR as compare to other then run only this ad for getting more business.
    Analyse Remaining ads which are the problems, why the not get high CTR or good Impression?
    make your ads more interactive next time.

Veeshal Sharma, Sep 22, 2016 IP
  7. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can anyone explain A/B testing in detail ?

what are the benefit of A/B testing ?

i_am_dhaval, Sep 22, 2016 IP
  8. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start with 2 ads. Not 1, not 3 or 4 as others are suggesting, save for Lindsey.

Before you even start, get some ideas first. The way I do things is write down (in a text file) all the ideas I come up with that could be part of an ad. These can come from anywhere: the landing page itself, my own ideas of what I think would attract people to click the ad. I try to avoid competitors so as not be influenced too much from them, after all, I don't want to simply copy them. That's not usually an issue since most ads are poor anyway.

Don't worry about writing these ideas with ad limits in mind. Just write them down. After five to ten minutes, you should have plenty. Now trim these down to fit allowable lengths. This may mean to remove stop words, finding better words and synonyms. I separate these ideas into features and benefits.

Now you are ready to put these together to form your ads. Your headline will typically be your keyword. With Adwords new splitting of two headlines, it could be the second one but you need something strong as the first and something that makes sense with the second. Use benefits. You'll usually want the headlines to be properly capitalized. You don't need to use all of the 80 characters of the description. Often a shorter one works a lot better. That sort of thing is all part of your test.

Pick two ads - remember I said only two - and paste into your account. Don't make them similar, you want to see which of your ideas appear to bring the better results. Too many times an advertiser thinks A/B testing is having a different headline or having similar ads with just a word or two different in the description (saying buy instead of purchase for example). Yes, this can make a difference but now is not the time. You want to test as many and different hooks, not the same hook with "and" changed to "or".

OK, now you've got two ads. Let them run. The question is how long. Here, don't think in terms of time such as three days or two weeks. You need a statistically significant number of clicks for each ad. I use 30 clicks. Important: it needs to be for each ad for the time you are running the ads during the test. More is better but 30 is a good number and sometimes I'll wait for just 20 clicks on each ad as one clearly outperforms the other.

What do I look for? Basically CTR but also conversion rate. Yes, an ad may be prone to produce higher conversions. Note that for the test to be valid, the landing page cannot change. Yes, waiting for 20-30 clicks for each ad can take some time. I'm managing a campaign with thousands of groups and some get very low search volumes so I may not make a change to that group for months or even more than a year.

Whatever time it takes to get those clicks, you have a decision to make. The ad with the highest product of click and conversion rate is the best. Many times it's not so clear cut as that number may be very similar for both ads. You still need to pause one and replace it with another ad from your list of ideas you come up with. That means you still have only 2 active ads. Let them run and when they both have enough clicks during the same period, you repeat the process: pause the lesser-performing one and create a new one. This is A/B testing. Over time, done right, your campaign will improve with higher sales per impression and higher profits.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 23, 2016 IP