1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Long will you wait on Auction Ads?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by dwhuff, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarBud

WarBud Peon

Best Answers:
    I only use one keyword (not that it really matters as of late). I found that if I had multiple keywords it often took more than one refresh for it to target properly. Not a big deal if you have popular keywords or the same ad for each page of the site. But a lot of my ads are targeted for specific sections of my site or the site the ad is on isn't very busy. So if a visitor only browsed 2-3 pages they may never see a relevant AA ad when I tried multiple keywords. My CTR increased when I changed all the ads to one keyword.

WarBud, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  2. ninjawhoa

ninjawhoa Peon

Best Answers:
    I got $10 of revenue today, what was that for? The previous 3 days haven't even reported revenue yet.

ninjawhoa, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  3. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    im still wondering whats going on with AA. they reported over 6600 impessions which sounds made up, but i only have 11 clicks so far and my ads are blended.

over the past couple days i have been getting that type of traffic reported on my AA but no rev yet. i am frustrated to say the least asfter a great start with the program.

benpolska, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  4. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am starting to get a little bit frustrated now... my earnings have dropped off heaps because my clicks have gone down BECAUSE the ads are not targeted. I have fashion ads appearing on an automotive site!!! WTF!!!

ruby, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  5. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing a 50% discrepancy in clicks over the past week.

adwordaffiliate, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  6. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is pretty interesting in a depressing sort of way.

I just checked my site to see if the ads are showing correctly. They still aren't.

So browsing around the AA Blog hoping for some kind of update, I noticed...

http://www.auctionads.com/blog/

The ads display fine on the blog.

So what is the deal? Are the small publishers squeezed out? Can anyone confirm that their ads are showing correctly on a high click volume, high traffic site?

guerilla, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  7. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I only use one keyword now ... it's still not anywhere near right but at least relevant ads do occur a lot more than before.

More worrying for me is the lack of Revenue, I haven't received a commission since the 8th of this month (I received two for that day) which is the day before the problems really kicked in.
    Now up to that day I was receiving commissions just about on a daily basis.

Cyclops, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can confirm that the little guy is not getting pushed out. I'm getting less then 100 impressions daily and my ads are all dead on.

But then, I separate my keywords with a comma rather then the semicolon, and I've heard mixed responses from others doing the same.
    "pagan, occult"; == pagan and occult ads
    "clover; celtic "; == Wii, Nintendo & iPod ads

if you are using one then try the other *shrug*

It's also important that your keywords actually have matches on Ebay. Head over there and make sure you are getting a few dozen (if not a few hundred) hits for whatever keywords you are using. And then make sure they have images...I reckon that is a factor, as I've yet to see an AA ad without a thumbnail.

Qryztufre, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  9. WarBud

WarBud Peon

Best Answers:
    My clicks are down but I have replaced most of the AA ads with Amazon, Adsense Referrals, or affiliate ads. I still have ads on some of the sites. My horror movie site is showing webkins plush. My photo site is showing sunglasses. I removed AA completely from the pet sites.

On a positive note, the site I have that displays ads for Ipods and Zunes is showing the correct ads.

My clicks are down 75% (but less ads). The CTR is terrible at .27% and revenue is way down. My last decent revenue day was 7/10 for $9.48 and nothing since except for one .13 day.

I want AA back and working properly. Until they correct all the issues, all my AA ads have been moved to bad positions where nothing else performs well anyway.

WarBud, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  10. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    My story is similar to WarBud. It's been about 5 days since any relevant ads showed on my site, CTR is 1/5 of what it used to be, and I've had zero sales. I've been replacing the AA code with eBay editor kit code but AA is still up on some pages and nothing but webkins, purses and ipod ads are showing.

For me I'm happy just to go direct with eBay/CJ. I might pick up one of those scripts that pulls eBay ads for increased flexibility.

geomark, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  11. pmwall

pmwall Peon

Best Answers:
    Still the same here, although I'm under the impression I'm getting more targeted ads, it's still not working for all the ads. Also I think the refresh is slower then before. An ad that wasn't in the cache will take a much longer time to get targeted then before, IF it does get targeted at all.

Still, me CTR is horrible and my earnings $0.

Well, I'm not abandoning ship just yet although I wished they'd use that blog some more to keep us up to date.

pmwall, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Almost have all of these pulled off sites now. :(

guerilla, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  13. frychiko

frychiko Peon

Best Answers:
    Multiple keyword targeting is working as of a few hours ago.
    Still waiting for negative keywords to be fixed.

frychiko, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  14. pmwall

pmwall Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not as bad as it was, less "wrong" ads, but although pages are viewed multiple times, often some of the ads still don't get content targeted to their keywords. It's as if everything is back up and running but the cache is slow, very slow.
    Also, I'm stilling seeing the much lower then normal CTR and not a cent of earnings, but I often go several days without income, so hard to judge on that account.

Still no news on the blog which I find a pity. What's the use of such a blog if you don't use it to communicate?

pmwall, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  15. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Same here on both counts, no earnings since the 8th, before then I was earning on most days.

Cyclops, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  16. denovo

denovo Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one. Thanks for sharing that info. Must be either reporting or cookie problems.

denovo, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  17. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I would say definately cookie problems but whats pissing me is that clicks aren't being reported properly, I checked by using a proxy and clicking on the ads on one of my sites with the result that none showed up ... BUT the impressions were being counted.

Cyclops, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  18. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    alright shoe the gig is up ive been getting 80-150 clicks a day and have yet to see $1 in my account. i will wait till the end of the month and i still havnt seen any money i will be switching the AA banners to adsense. sorry shoe but 500 clicks a week and no earnings is a joke. who else is with me?

benpolska, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  19. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I keep saying that myself.

xxxx clicks a week and no earnings is a joke.. but no one seems to be listening. It's like they're mesmerized :D

It's like they're walking around like zombies chanting... "uuuhhhnnn auctionads has absolutely horrible earnings per click and eCPM but I will leave them up on my site anyway for no apparent reason... uuuhhhhnnnnn..."

It might just be your niche though. Some people are making decent money they say. I know in my niche my demographics aren't big spenders so it only makes sense for me to take them down... well that and the horrible cpc and eCPM earnings :D

But if you have a site where the visitors are basically already looking to buy this may be good for you. Then again... if you have traffic like that it would be kinda silly to waste it on AA ads when there are far better alternatives out there so.... yeah. :)

GeorgeB., Jul 23, 2007 IP
  20. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    those are my thoughts. on the same site in my first week i was earning around $20 and nothing since. its been over a month and no earnings since. common now anyone with over 100 clicks per week is just wasting space and until i make some money from these click i will keep saying so.

benpolska, Jul 23, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.