1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long will Google be top?

Discussion in 'Google' started by .hawaii, Sep 22, 2013.

1. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    latest update of google are signs of google more and more turning into a paid directory. i think this is not what people saw in google before updates.
    it was showing you tru best results and now it mostly paid ads all over the results.

i still cant tell how it will affect users but it surely affects the webmasters and makes it very difficult to have a new site to be found in the results for any good keyword.
    so new sites will have do go somewhere else.

bobestes, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  2. Reddvillaa

Reddvillaa Member

Best Answers:
    We can't predict.. But can hope, for another 6-8yrs, Google never drop its position....

Reddvillaa, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  3. Tyko

Tyko Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting topic and comments. I like the idea plf0903 said in that we search by voice and then some sort of implanted link is sent to your device. I also agree with PolkaDotMarketin google might be on a downstep right now.. I manage 8 different websites all in different industries and i see bing and yahoo giving back a more accurate result as of lately. It would be interesting to see if google does overtake apple in the next 5 or 10 years.. but i dont see it happening, Then again who ever thought MySpace would die so quick? LOL! Technology is very hard to predict..

Tyko, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  4. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone knew they would be very very rich, no one knows for sure.

Google isn't like mysepace though, they are in a very unique position and have a lot of very smart employees and a lot of money.

They are innovative thinking outside the box on new technologies. Google glass? Self driving cars? A robotics company? The future of online is moving offline. The self driving cars alone can keep Google around for another 50 years if they execute the market properly. Mass car ownership will be a thing of the past, co-ownership is the future and Google is in a great spot to capitalize on that.

tycho, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  5. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    Google won't be going anywhere for a long time.

Solar Oblivion, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think Facebook can overtake Google. One of benefit of FB is that you can directly connect with your customers.

eric_wahlberg, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What will kill google is they have to keep showing profit for shareholders or they will die.

To show profit they have to rape users, the more profit the more users get raped. People will get sick of wading through ads, having personal info stolen and exploited and getting search results that are paid/like junk mail.

Then a competitor will have a nice clean search engine without so many ads and people will go there then the cycle will repeat itself. The sleazy and corrupt life of a publicly traded tec company.

averyz, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  8. zl44

zl44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Obviously not forever but eventually (maybe 5-10 years maybe longer) google will either become outdated or something new will it replace it. But google is always coming out with new products to extend their internet reach even further, so each new product they come out with will add more time before Google becomes extinct, even if search engines automatically disappeared, Google would still have an extremely large internet presence.

zl44, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  9. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is not going anywhere anytime soon. Just to big of a powerhouse.

Dionne Taylor, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  10. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    People need to understand that Google's search engine will be long gone before Google itself is gone.
    Google is positioning itself for the future and making sure that they don't turn into myspace and disappear.
    Self driving cars? Think about that for a minute. The implications of that are huge. Content delivery on a brand new huge scale. Heck, one day Google may be the source for shared car ownership. Why own a car when you can simply request one with your phone and have it show up in minutes.

tycho, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  11. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Judging by the popularity of of the Google forums here on DP I think Google will be on top for many years to come, but yes eventually they will decline.

lightlysalted, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  12. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice topic !! Yes you are correct. The time will come when another company may emerge above google but not atleast 8-10 years.
    Because google also know it well so he is not simply sitting. Google always try to launch advance features that before other thinks, google already implements. Like he brought android as he was knowing that mobile and tablates are future. Same way image search and voice search makes google very user friendly , so its very hard for any company to down google.

mollie.fr, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  13. Andy Ramirez

Andy Ramirez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No one knows, but I consider Google to be on top for the next few years because of its skills and its overall functionality. Yet, we are open to changes.

Andy Ramirez, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  14. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and the best thing in Google is . he thinks in advance. Like whatever a user needed he gives in advance.

mollie.fr, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  15. AlexCO

AlexCO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Correct. Today I see two groups of websites on the top:
    1. Websites who don't want to pay for AdWords, because its popular enough
    2. Websites who can't pay for AdWords, because its so poor

and, of course + YouTube, Wikipedia ...

But I'm not sure Google will die soon as search engine - people so conservative ...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    AlexCO, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  16. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since when did Facebook create it's own search engine like Google?

snakeair, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  17. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will always be the No. 1 search engine. Unless if they shut it down themselves there is nothing that can stop them.

ash1ey82, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  18. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    I hope Google continues to be a search engine which always gives benefits to many people.

Owl Writer, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  19. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google won't go down. Not sooner atleast. They have long term goals in mind.

Which acquisitions of companies like nest and others, they're even thinking to introduct AI based results, which can make there results even more realistic and helpful.

I personally wish someone give them tougher competition though.

SEOBoss, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  20. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The duration is as long as they would like it to be. They acan do anything they want to now.

ash1ey82, Jan 31, 2014 IP