1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long to wait for re-submissions

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by redsy, Jun 24, 2008.

I have 3 sites i am trying to get listed. They provide property services. They i believe conform to guidelines. My sites are within signature. I submitted approx 3 months ago and obviously not heard anything and have no listings. I am ranked well for the keywords and sites contain alot of information, not just sales etc.

I am interested in what length of time is suggested before re-submitting.

Do editors find sites off their own backs or do they only consider submissions?

Any advice or thoughts appreciated. Thanks

redsy, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  2. SKE11

SKE11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I was reading a post in another forum that said you should not resubmit as it removes your original request and puts you to the back of te que.

The editors are experts in their fiels, so they shpould be looking for new sites all the time, but they are only human and may not have time.

3 monthis is not an unusual amount of time to wait for inclusion.

Was there an ad for an editor for the section you posted to? You could put yourself forward to edit a section.

SKE11, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't resubmit. No point of resubmitting at least before a year or 02.

maldives, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  4. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Banned

Best Answers:
    There is NEVER a need to resubmit. It only harms your chances.

However, why did you submit all 3 sites? Did you read what you agreed to when you submitted? How do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) treat any submitter who can't follow the guidelines?

Secret Squirrel, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  5. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice.

All 3 sites are different and offer different services. They are just managed by myself.

I had read re-submit after 3months, though will have to employ more patience and wait. We will see.

redsy, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  6. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Banned

Best Answers:
    Not according to the DMOZ guidelines you agreed to when you submitted - they are "related" (you can argue as much as you like about that, but guarantee the DMOZ editor will not see it your way). I would not be surprised if all get deleted because of that.
    I have never seen anyone from DMOZ say that.

Secret Squirrel, Jun 24, 2008 IP
    shadow575 likes this.
  7. shadow575

shadow575 Peon

Best Answers:
    If they are all related and offer 'property services' then likely only one would be considered. As Secret Squirrel said, I have never seen anywhere where DMOZ suggests spamming it. If an editor is giving out this bad advice, please point us to it. Suggest one and move along, if your content has significantly changed resulting in a different category being a better fit or you believe the original submission didn't go through (i.e you didn't see the "Thank You" confirmation page) then you may re-suggest it once more. Any more than that you are fighting yourself.

shadow575, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  8. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice, noted.

redsy, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  9. splenditello

splenditello Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is holy grail

splenditello, Jun 27, 2008 IP