1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how long google de-index my old pages?

Discussion in 'Google API' started by M-BenzForum.com, Jul 21, 2005.

last time, I use ASP script so my name page is
    http://www.m-benzforum.com/benzfid_..peen_...htm

And now I have changed it be PHP script and my name page be
    http://www.m-benzforum.com/f..-mercedes-benz-forum.htm

now If I type site:www.m-benzforum.com in google search box

there are many old pages of my site...(www.m-benzforum.com/benzfid_..peen_...htm)

I wanted to ask, how long google remove my old pages?

this question is very important because related with my co-op ads...:)
    I can't validate my site because there are many my old pages.

Thanks very much
    Andry

M-BenzForum.com, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  2. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    It could take a while. Google provides a way for you to remove content.

ResaleBroker, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  3. johnt

johnt Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is a correlation between your asp page names and your php page names ( i.e. this.asp is now this.php, that.asp is now that.php ) then you should set up 301 redirects from your asp to php pages.
    This will help maintain your rankings and the coherence of your site should someone stumble across an old link to one of your asp pages, for example.
    Also, I'd guess that co-op validation would be based on the pages which you redirected to, so you should be able to validate but I'm not 100% on that.

As far as Google removing your pages goes, I'm not sure that its possible to get removed from their index. If you use their robots.txt removal tool, they will stop you showing in any search results ( even for site: searches ) for 180 days, but they do keep a copy of the pages somewhere. When the 180 days is up, those pages that you remove will reappear, complete with caches from 6 months ago, regardless of what your robots.txt file says.
    Even using 301 redirects doesn't completely work. I recently moved a site from one domain to a subdomain of another site. Google correctly noticed the redirect, and within 2 weeks all rankings and traffic were back to normal, the site was completely indexed etc. But a site: search for the old domain still shows all the old pages, complete with cache.

Maybe they want to inflate the number of searches they show on their homepage, or maybe they just like hoarding information in the hope that one day it may be useful, who knows.

cheers

John

johnt, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  4. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    You could always use lots of dubious SEO techniques. That's a good way to get your site removed from their index...

jimrthy, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  5. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google Webmaster to alert them of changes. Then it happens within a day.

shteca, Sep 2, 2012 IP