1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long for new site to know if sandbox or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by StudentLife, Sep 27, 2009.

Hello everyone. I recently started a site (sept 1) and have yet to be indexed yet. I have been building content and linking to very respectable sites. I have managed to get steady traffic to it, but still no google! G's webmaster tools says I have 20 pages indexed apparently, but they aren't actually indexed. I get no traffic or SERP from them. The "site:" search brings up nothing. I was thinking that I may just have to wait, until this happened:

I started another site a week later (sept 7) and did 10% of the link building, have have about 10% of the articles on it. Its a junk site right now IMO and doesn't compare at all to the one I started the previous week. However, Google AND Yahoo have been sending people to site #2 (only one or two a day, but the point is it is indexed).

So my question is am I in the sandbox with my first site? How long do I need to wait with a new site before I can know if I have been or not? Why did site #2 get in quicker and more easily than site #1? Any tricks to get #1 in the index?

Thanks in advance

StudentLife, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  2. StudentLife

StudentLife Peon

Best Answers:
    Bizarre... I just checked my analytics w/ todays data and it looks like I have been indexed - more than likely during the time I was typing this message. LOL

StudentLife, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. korprit

korprit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    responding to first post because it is important to note something. if you do a 'site:' search and get nothing. that is NOT the sandbox. that is not being indexed. very important distinction.

korprit, Sep 30, 2009 IP