1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take YOU to write a QUALITY ARTICLE?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jul 2, 2010.

1. holy_spirit

holy_spirit Active Member

Best Answers:
    If i am writing on a subject that is common for me , ie i have enough knowledge about it,then it takes me almost one and half an hour to write a 800 word article.
    If it is uncommon it ranges from 3-4 hrs with research [this involves a little rewriting] .

I usually get paid about $35 for this kind of an article as I write for a private blog.

holy_spirit, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  2. suntzu.new

suntzu.new Peon

Best Answers:
    i think in my case it depends upon what kind of article i am writing.. because i have written personal and general articles in 10 mins. and professionaly it takes me 1-2 hour to write an article... sometimes i have written poetries ..they take 10 mins. because i am very fast rhyme maker..as i think atleast...

suntzu.new, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  3. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I spend an entire day on articles that pay me $50 or more, and there are quite a lot of them on CC (I mean Constant Content). I have also received up to $65 for articles submitted to sites where clients purchase only if they like the quality.

Yes, if you pay me @ $5 per article for 10 articles, then I shall write all the 10 articles in 5 hours... a small example:

"According to their websites, acai berry is solely responsible for the slim figures of Brazilian natives. Fine! Sometimes in September 2009, extra large size chairs, fabricated with toughened fiberglass, were installed on the carriages and stations of the Brazilian underground railway. The width of these blue-colored chairs that can bear loads up to 250kgs are double that of the normal ones. Notices put up near these chairs request passengers to vacate these seats for obese people."

parsibagan, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  4. WittyZest

WittyZest Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree, why should I spend a lot of time writing $5 article, if I can do lots of them without any efforts for such money and would be taking by quantity, but not by quality?

WittyZest, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  5. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I take 20 minutes to churn out a 500 word article on internet niches.

But, if I come across gigs related to medical or finance or sports, then the time lines sky rocket.

teamnirvana, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  6. vrachel

vrachel Active Member

Best Answers:
    after two hours, it's should be good. My question it would be how you make a time for everything. We know the same content is not allowed. So, if you write article it's only for one article directory except if you are spinning. So, after you go to forums I would say.. It's quite big job all together. I have no time myself for everything.

vrachel, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  7. ambujkumar

ambujkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    To write a quality article I take 2 hours and another one hour for little research or sharing to social bookmarking sites.

ambujkumar, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  8. Alice Ink

Alice Ink Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish it took me less time to write articles. The research and writing of a 600 word article usually takes me 2 to 3 hours. I've tried to decrease the time but I've noticed the quality of my articles also decreases if I rush it. :\

Alice Ink, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  9. mrjonesika

mrjonesika Peon

Best Answers:
    One hour for writing. Maybe something like for the research.

mrjonesika, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  10. CharlieHash

CharlieHash Peon

Best Answers:
    15-30 min on known topic and 1-1.30 hour on unknown topic

CharlieHash, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  11. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    THIS POST WAS GOING ON A VERY INSIGHTFUL TRACK, NOW IT HAS DERAILED. SO LETS GO WITH A LITTLE DIRECTIONAL CHANGE

The only client your are going to write an article of high quality for, would bring you a payment of say $50.00
    Saying that, explain client communication/what proof of performance can you show, research of topic and/or keyword phrases, writing time.
    If you were paid $50, what would you do with client to turn it into a higher price "package deal"?
    Do you think there are out there more people willing to pay $50.00 for high quality or less possible clients?

dyadvisor, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  12. ExtremeWriting

ExtremeWriting Guest

Best Answers:
    I refuse to answer as this characterizes writers. Each writer has their own speed, so it really does vary. One writer could be 5 mins and the other an hour.

ExtremeWriting, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  13. CharlesManning

CharlesManning Peon

Best Answers:
    I can go from 2 hours to 2 days. First I write all that goes in my head, then I go back and start arranging.

O do it this way, so that I don't lose focus or forget ideas.

CharlesManning, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    ExtremeWriter, thanks for responding. You just characterized yourself, by saying a quality article could be 5 minutes to 1 hour.

If you had READ the OP and the Sincere writers comments, it gives article buyers an excellent idea of who to use or not when writing quality material. You did not even read my further clarification posting just above.

You sure gave buyers of articles a good indication of who not to hire.

Thanks for adding dignity to all the other writers with great, honest postings!

dyadvisor, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  15. angeldimit

angeldimit Member

Best Answers:
    It costs me around 1-2 hours.

angeldimit, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  16. websolveit

websolveit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer to outsource article writing to those who have the domain knowledge in the relevant niche. I do write too on rare occasions, especially when I feel comfortable handling the topic, and it takes anything from 1 - 3 hours for an error free 500 word article. As already pointed out by someone, it is not just about English, what embodies quality writing transgresses language barrier and a joy to behold for the readers and author alike, when the full potential of the art is tapped. Distinct style is what separates a seasoned writer from the rest, sadly SEO is not helping the cause. As a buyer of content writing services, I look for an enthralling style and life in writing, rest is secondary. I am happy that there is no dearth of talent at DP, going by the posts in this thread!

websolveit, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  17. Bilal Ahmad

Bilal Ahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it takes 20 to 30 minutes to write a killer article.

Bilal Ahmad, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  18. perryelliot

perryelliot Peon

Best Answers:
    1-4 hours, depending on my familiarity with the content. Sometimes the process gets even longer.

perryelliot, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  19. Web Content Writer

Web Content Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Last days I am writing on art subjects. Even I am experienced in this area and have art education it takes me from 3 to 5 hours to write an article. I like to make deep researches and find some interesting information.

Web Content Writer, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  20. abi_believe

abi_believe Peon

Best Answers:
    It really does depend on lots of things such as word count, subject and how specific or technical the voice of the piece needs to be. But if it's something I know nothing about I give myself about 1-2 hours for it to be financially viable and of good quality.

abi_believe, Oct 8, 2010 IP