1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take YOU to write a QUALITY ARTICLE?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jul 2, 2010.

1. learntofly

learntofly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if i write about the subject that i like, i could write all day and producing many good quality content (at least that`s what some of my readers said to me :p ) .

its too bad i cannot write well in english, only in my native language .

definitely agree with this

learntofly, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  2. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    And what is that subject? ^_^

parsibagan, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  3. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    We are into the meat of quality, but 1 point was mentioned too briefly and another not addressed at all.

1. There is a lot said on subject research, which is a mark of quality. Equally, but often ignored is the article structuring research before the article is written. How many keywords in the title to target only certain readers. Have synonym lists and PowerWords been prepared? Do you have the word power with the right dose of emphasis and variety to see the article read? Have most of your apostrophe words been corrected? What emotion are you keying it on?

2. No offense to any thread poster here. Who fed you the hogwash that "SEO" is not important, or not required? That simply shows a lack of ability to attempt proper using Free organic natural traffic to have more people read an article. There is no recourse to that, as you are hurting your client and yourself.

3. English can be learned. The question is if a person has the writing creativity, desirably, determination, and learning curve to handle it.

Overall super remarks, many that only a collective of individual thoughts and methods could produce.

dyadvisor, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  4. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    Am I to assume it is a 500 word article? 15-25? Brand new articles? Not even rewrites? Are you kidding me???

atreides, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  5. EmpowerMedia

EmpowerMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is for 400-500 word articles, although I occasionally get orders for 250-350 word blog posts as well. I can write two of the shorter ones in the same amount of time as it would normally take me to write one 500 word article, but again, it depends a lot on the topic as well. Most of the topics that I write about on a regular basis concern business and health. When I get topics that I am less familiar with, it takes much more time. For example, I got an order a few weeks back for articles and blog posts pertaining to salsa dancing. This is a topic that I know nothing about, and it took me some additional time to do the required research. These are not rewrites. These are original articles. I do some rewrites as well, but I actually prefer the original articles. I can often write an original article in the same amount of time as it would take me to do a quality manual rewrite, due to fussing over synonyms and wording. I know that there are a lot of people that prefer to do rewrites instead of original articles, but I do not. I have been writing articles for many years, though. Prior to becoming a freelance web writer, I was a full-time journalist. I always did a little bit of blogging on the side. Each day, I would write 4-5 newspaper articles, and then finish out the day with 8-10 blog posts on sites that I maintained. Everybody is different, but speed comes with experience and adequate knowledge of the subject matter. When doing research, I scan pages and read information often in a matter of minutes in order to find what I need. However, one of the things that I find disheartening about writing web content is that very few buyers actually want sources to back up certain claims. These are the kinds of things that I feel give articles that extra bit of needed credibility. In addition, it tells your readers where to go for more information.

EmpowerMedia, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  6. johny2006

johny2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I takes almost 2-3 hours for a 500 words good qaulity article. Again it also depends on the topic.. Topics which you are familiar is easy to write.

johny2006, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  7. cloudy3

cloudy3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I need a few days.

cloudy3, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  8. Zetiz

Zetiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I am in a good mood it takes 30 minutes to write 2 good quality articles.

Zetiz, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  9. Valineo

Valineo Peon

Best Answers:
    That depends on many factors... if you are writing in the niche you know about, I believe 15-20 mins are more than enough for a more than average quality article... Ok, lets say 30 mins, but if you are taking more than that, it's not worth it...

Valineo, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  10. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Zetiz; Do me a favor and give 5 characteristics of quality. I see you do a "quality" blog post for $2.00 Seeing that blog posts go higher than many articles,why do others get $30 and up a post?

Valineo: I mentioned at the beginning this post it was for serious quality writers, Many of them have been exactly that. The internet is not a get rich scheme, to some here it is a career.

dyadvisor, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  11. Poker_Addict

Poker_Addict Peon

Best Answers:
    I can write a high-quality, 500 word article in about an hour.

Poker_Addict, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  12. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Poker_Addict: There are many on here that would question that and would doubt you on that. Send me a recent article and I or one of my class writers, will grade it for free.

Then you can also see a "trophy" article by one of them. Maybe you are the the new marvel out there, if so that is great.

This is all kept in private, for your benefit. At least that way you know where you presently stand.

----------------------have a great day, take me up on this free offer------------

dyadvisor, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  13. AnnM

AnnM Guest

Best Answers:
    have been doing this for quite awhile now so doesn't take me a lot of time. for an article upto 600 words, I will take an hour to write the article and maybe an hour for research. If its a very easy topic maybe half hour for the research :D

AnnM, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  14. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a small request for you all. Please write in proper English, since, these posts go a long way in showing off your writing skills to potential clients.

parsibagan, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  15. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    A very good point.

Not only do "scrap buyers" but also those looking for professionalism look here.

In my situation, I give away all my work. These threads show me, those who make the quality standards. That is exactly why I started this thread.

Last week a buyer, sent me a PM asking for who I felt qualified. The person was given two names from here. I am sure one of them got the project.

dyadvisor, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  16. Dr.Viper

Dr.Viper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i usually spend at least an hour for doing an article of size 500.
    I have got an order at present for 800 word articles, 10 in number.
    I got the order on 26th, and i still am at the 8th one. It depends on the topic and also the quality you want to put into the article.
    Some article do get completed in an hour or so, but i make it a point to read my work and review it multiple times.
    Hope to complete the 3 articles in about 10 hrs time. Hope my client appreciates this.

Dr.Viper, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  17. MChisselhurst

MChisselhurst Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say my standard time is between 40mins to an hour to research a topic and write about it.

Sometimes though, i can be done in just under 20mins. Other times, it can take me the entire morning, or afternoon to know out one.

MChisselhurst, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  18. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a real-life scenario. If you are writing a movie review, this is roughly how long it takes:
    1. About 1 hour to download the movie.
    2. About 1 hour to watch the movie.
    3. About 1 hour to read other people's reviews.
    4. About 10 minutes to type the 500-word article.
    5. About 30 minutes to proof-read and improve the article.
    6. About 1 minute to send the article.
    7. About 30 seconds to get paid.

That's how it works out. For me. Doesn't necessarily work the same way for any other person.

ThisOldMan, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  19. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not a joke, Atreides. I saw how Dyadvisor did it. My personal opinion is; it's possible, but not easy as for me. However, i'm not a prof writer.

nick2007, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  20. brunelcourt

brunelcourt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I really think this depends on the type of article you are writing, and what you want to do with it. To be honest I couldn't say how long it takes me to write an article - simply because the time taken varies too much.

brunelcourt, Aug 31, 2010 IP