1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take YOU to write a QUALITY ARTICLE?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jul 2, 2010.

How long does you to take to write a quality article?

-------please do not include sweat shop articles in your response-----
    -------this is where you are being paid $20 or more----or moving toward it
    -------this is not a penny ante posting for the unskilled -----------
    feel free to explain quality, but please no ads for Copyscape type products

dyadvisor, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  2. LynxMarketing

LynxMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many words are we talking about here?

It takes me probably an hour or so to crank out a high quality well researched 500 word article.

LynxMarketing, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  3. Broyde

Broyde Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I would say that right now it takes about an hour to write a "high quality well researched 500 word article," that is SEO and plagiarism ready where one word leaves the reader salivating for the next one, and the entire article gets them to give you the click that you want.

Broyde, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  4. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's no correct answer as far as I am concerned. Depends on topic, writer's familiarity with subject matter, mood and motivation, client requirements, research related stuff, writer personality and so on.

Could take 15 minutes or a week (Not all of it) or maybe more.

lightless, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  5. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that to properly give the client what they are looking for you need to know how to properly use the keywords. Of course you should know something about the topic, if you don't it will take you longer to write. So from my experience

it takes about 2 or 3 hours for me to write a good quality article. This is 500 words or there about.

Quality is often a word that is over used in this industry. Every writer should write because they really enjoy it. At the same time you need to be able get the reader to perform the task that is wanted. If it is just to get visitors then writing an article that will rank high in the SERPs will do. If you want the reader to buy something then your writing needs to persuade the reader to do just that.

But, I would say 2 to 4 hours to write the article. This includes keyword research and a bit of reading up on the subject.

gvannorman, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  6. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Approximately one hour for the writing and one hour for the research.

Kraven2, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  7. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Kraven, your saying that you can spend 2 hours working to write a good quality article. That is actually pretty good if your getting paid anything near what Dyadvisor says I can make. I will hopefully be able to get to this level soon. Because that is what I desire. I have tried and tried to make enough money with writing that I do not have to work anywhere else online or offline.

8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am assuming averages, on average I spend that much time on a quality article. There will always be exceptions. Like a few horror movie reviews I did a while back, those take minutes because I am a horror movie freak. Seen them all, know them all and can write about it from my heart.

On the other hand I once did a 5 articles set on different types of anesthetics used during surgery, that took all day :D

Kraven2, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  9. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Well still all day is lets say 10 hours. You did 5 articles and still only spent 2 hours on each. If you got even a portion of what I believe I can make with Dyadvisors help then you had a great payday.

10. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did, but the way you are counting is flawed. On the first article the research, was extensive, but on the others it just revolved around a specific type, so a lot of the info I already had from the first article. That first article took an awful lot of time to write up, after that things went faster :)

And that particular set of 5 500 pierces made me a clean $150 if it is of any interest to anyone.

Kraven2, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  11. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Kraven,

That was my next question. You made $150 for a single days work. That is at least twice what I make now and I work alot harder than that. I would have to write 30 articles to get to $150.

Thank you

12. Fastest Writers

Fastest Writers Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the topic is not a "very rare" one, we don't often take more than 1 hour. Sorry but we are not sure about the quality standards you expect...!

Fastest Writers, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  13. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    To write on a not-so-difficult topic, I take about 2-4 hours (depends on my mood). I go phase wise: research (bulk of the time goes here) - write - proofread/edit.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    Live2Write, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the reasons that I mentioned this, is to show, like the responders have that it takes usually between 1 and 2 1/2 hours, and sometimes longer to write an article that is above 2/3's of the rest is meaningful quality.

Yesterday, I was given a unique opportunity to take a special beta test on a new software program. It had 8 basic options, and options within the options. I chose one, of 300 to 350 words that said it was the fastest in the world.
    So, I timed my slow typing, simply putting short answers into a form. Numb fingers here, was done in exactly five minutes. My article was 336 words long. I printed it to check it closely. It was equivalent to articles currently being accepted by EZA.

The point: this is going to kill the low price article writers. OR even drop the too low prices earlier. Imagine hiring a Filipino at $2.20 an hour. You pay $10.10 for five hours and get 60 articles back. What is that, about $0.17 an article?

That is why there is a need to increase your spread of increased quality quickly. The upper market has more needing quality writers, than those qualified to fill the needs.-----------------------------

dyadvisor, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  15. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    @dyadvisor
    Care to share some tips with the fellow forumers - I am actually amazed at the speed you could write, despite being slow typer.

Live2Write, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  16. jonesewilliam

jonesewilliam Peon

Best Answers:
    it completely depends on man to man.

jonesewilliam, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  17. rado_guy

rado_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it depends on the mood you are in, some times I come up with an article in less than 5 mins (rough draft), sometimes not for hours, article is an idea so it depends upon when u get an idea and how great the idea is

rado_guy, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  18. BaveBr52

BaveBr52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Around an hour for 500 words - but might be triple that in editing and tweaking copy.

BaveBr52, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  19. DwTs

DwTs Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm gloating reading the replies. 40 mins max for 500 words. Most of the time (like 25 minutes) goes into researching, and the rest for just typing out what's in my head.

DwTs, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  20. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to see that "quality" article :)

Kraven2, Jul 9, 2010 IP