1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to see results from SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by « Mateo K », Jul 18, 2014.

Hello there,

I'm fairly new at SEO and I'd like to know how long it takes to see results from SEO.

- Mateo K

« Mateo K », Jul 18, 2014 IP
  2. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which type of result do you want to see from SEO??
    Ranking, Traffic, leads or something else? All depends on lots of factors..

naveenjosh, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  3. « Mateo K »

« Mateo K » Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to see the result of website ranking and the traffic I'm getting onto my site.

4. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That will be depending on the type of SEO that you are doing (blackhat / whitehat) typically whitehat takes longer to see results thus, the results are long term as compared to blackhat. Also results are competition dependent, if you are on a tough niche, then you'll need a pocket full of patience, this can't b rushed.

Vitarank, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  5. « Mateo K »

« Mateo K » Peon

Best Answers:
    So it would be really hard to get anywhere by doing SEO the legal way?

6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all, but you definitely have to wait a lot more. Natural rankings are not built overnight so you might need to wait weeks or months even, depending on the keyword competition, before you see yourself in the top search results. Still, this way might be slower but it is indeed more lasting so the achieved results are there to stay and can easily be built upon ;)

Rado_ch, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  7. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It might take time to see your site one the first page of google, but you can always monitor the rank movement here : http://www.whatsmyserp.com/

MIYABI, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  8. « Mateo K »

« Mateo K » Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info! I'll be patient and do things the legal way. :)

9. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Mateo. It depends what competition you are into. Some keywords rank pretty fast others harder. All in all SEO it's an ongoing work because once you are in top you need to maintain the results you just achieved.

If you need some assistance just PM me,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  10. alwaysStriving

alwaysStriving Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on the competition in the SERPs for the keyword you are trying to rank, your content, and the quality and relevance of your backlinks (well there are lots of other factors, but those are some big ones). It's really hard to say for sure. But many SEO experts say expect to wait about 3 months after creating your site and building backlinks for it to start ranking highly.

alwaysStriving, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  11. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you all have seen this, but in the last month or two I've noticed that for newer sites it takes about a month to see SERP movements after any link building. This is confirmed in the following article:

http://seotraffichacks.com/google-new-anti-seo-weapon-4-week-factor/

I'm currently running some tests to determine if this indeed applies to only new sites, or are new pages on existing (aged) sites also put on ice for a month.

DiggitySEO, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  12. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your niche and the Competition. Different keywords take different time to get listed. Once you achieve the needed position it is the continuous process to keep that position intact. You need to wait some time before you get the expected position.

Cloudcandy Host, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  13. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on a few things.

The market/niche that you are in
    How old your site is
    The type of keywords that you are trying to rank for

It usually takes 3-6 months to see results. Just keep on adding quality content to your site. Over time google will notice. If your content is good then it will get shared Liked and tweeted giving you somewhat of a viral effect thus getting you traffic.

kb24, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  14. james121

james121 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you use White hat SEO techniques then it takes time approx 3 to 6 months for getting top position on Search Engine like Google, Yahoo and Bing etc but your website's keywords ranking position will be static for long time and not be penalized by Google. Your website ranking also depends on your website's keywords competition also because if your website keywords are more competitive then those will take more time as compare to low competitive keywords.

james121, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  15. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    It depends on the competition you have.. In Simple words white hat method takes more time than black hat method. My option is better try with grey method. Its a mixed up of Black and White hat method.

m.sivarajan, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  16. Ajit Dash

Ajit Dash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Mateo,
    As per my suggestion follow search engine's guidelines, latest trends: According to that you've to prepare your website , then most important focus is keywords research, which kind of keywords you're targeting and which location. Then you've to analyse competitors strategy. As per latest trends you've to follow in that way. Yes for back link building you've to follow grey hat method only. As you said you're totally new then I would like to suggest you subscribe SEO books.

Ajit Dash, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  17. « Mateo K »

« Mateo K » Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your help, I'll certainly read up more about SEO and update my site accordingly.

- Mateo

« Mateo K », Jul 23, 2014 IP
  18. Michael Akinlabi

Michael Akinlabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I assume your website is pretty new. Look for keywords that have zero competition. This can be long-tail keywords most of your competitors aren't targeting.

It's worth noting your content matters too. You won't WOW people with low quality contents. New readers need a spark and that can only be achieved through creating meaty contents.

You'll do well if you can get your contents up there for keywords with 50-200 searches per month. And try creating lots of high quality contents that targets these low competition keywords.

Michael Akinlabi, Jul 26, 2014 IP