1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to rank first on a competive term?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by crazyhorse, Mar 12, 2005.

Although the number of result searches, only 792k, is quit low, the single keyword im targetting in my language is a pretty competitive keyword. At least it seems it is. Im probably doing something wrong. I checked my ranking with the API search tool and it showed that im on spot number 10, but i have stayed there now for a while. Sometimes a couple of spots lower or higher.

Im wondering how long it takes to get the number one spot .

I got about 14k of BL with one/two/three/ keywords of text pointing at it. Allinanchor first and second in the serps. And the number one website has way less BL's. Could this have to do with relevance and geo targetting (country,location)?

crazyhorse, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a new domain name, then there is a possibility you will get sandboxed with the ageing filter, this means your looking at 6-12 months before you rank for anything like a competitive term, especially a one word. (although I have to say that one word with only 800,000 pages is not that competitive on the face of it. WHat are the intitle: and inanchor: numbers like?

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  3. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the domainname/url has been added on google around a year ago. In the beginning i only had a couple of paid backlinks from sites that are currently first on the keyword i target. Then around november/december last year i entered the coop and started adding more BL's. My numbers are like: Intitle: 1 and inanchor: 1 and 2.

4. rjcable

rjcable Peon

Best Answers:
    I was registered within 4 weeks

rjcable, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  5. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    :confused:

6. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    It took 6 years for me for one of my sites to get #1 on google.de for a non-competitive keyword with 996.000 results..... so you can imagine how long it might take to get #1 for a competitive keyword ;)

Chrissicom, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  7. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont want to flame , but that has to do with your SEO skills , it took me about two weeks to rank first on non comptitive keywords, that is easy if you know how. ;) Nevertheless i dont think there is an easy answer for my kind of question i guess i ll just need to wait.

crazyhorse, Mar 13, 2005 IP