1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to make money on adsense?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by imi, Jul 4, 2005.

Hi all,

after a long time of search i have found this wonderful forum....just now got into the world of adsense and money making...

is adsense the only option for making money online or are there anything else too...

and how long does it take to start encashing from google....

nice to join this forum....

will be back,

imi

imi, Jul 4, 2005 IP
    blackpudding likes this.
  2. raven2424

raven2424 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you can start earning money from google as soon as your account gets approved. But this can only happen if you have a web site to display your google ads to visitors.

Google adsense is not the only way to make money. There are plenty of other PPC (pay per click) programs out there if you run a search on google you will find hundreds of them!

raven2424, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  3. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    1. Make website
    3. Proffit

Step 2 would be to get visitors, make an adSense account, get it approved, make $50 so they send you a pin in the post, enter your pin and then you will get a payment every month your earnings are over $100

Critters, Jul 4, 2005 IP
    derzse likes this.
  4. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    If you already have a website you could start earning pretty quickly. I added AdSense banners to my (3 year old) website in February and got a $175 payment for that month! With a bit of tweaking I managed to double that the next month and apart from the odd blip things are still going well. It makes a nice change from the site costing me money :)

Cheers
    BP

ps I tried amazon affiliate ads for a month and got ziltch

blackpudding, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    There's about 10,000 ways of making money online. AdSense is just one channel of potential revenue. You could start earning almost instantly, depends a bit on your situation.

T0PS3O, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  6. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it doesn't really have a set time.

If you already have the content, and already have a lot of traffic.. it really doesn't take any time at all. You might want to play around with the placement for a few days, to get the best CTR.. but other than that, if you have an existing site, it doesn't take any time at all.

If you're building a new site, it may take a while.. as you have to build up the traffic, and write the content. The content really does make or break the site in the end, if you have good content.. your site will get passed around by word of mouth and the traffic will come. Also, if you don't have enough content on your site you will get stuck with non-paying PSAs.

So content is the real biggy, and with content comes traffic, and placement and colors is also important.

Josh

Josh, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  7. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    WHAT?

I've got over $100 in my balance for the first time, but I've recieved no such pin in the mail....:eek:

david_sakh, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  8. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you guys give me the links of some verified Affiliates programs that’s help earns some money

One thing more how to turn visitors in to customers

soul-healer, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  9. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Welcome to DP!

Checkout following forum, its dedicated for Affiliate Programs:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

NeoGen, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  10. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks alot mate for the warm welcome and prompt reply.

Since than i started reading this forums i really learn alot and started thinking i might one day reach a $50 / adsense mark.

Since my site is about music and didnt get much high paying ads any suggestion regarding it.

soul-healer, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  11. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Well the pin in post is a new-ish thing.

Critters, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  12. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the pin to test (your address/if your a human)?

exaro, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  13. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL - I was so glad when I started running GoogleAds a few months back - it gets my wife off my back :) You're absolutely correct, it's nice to get a check every month for something I was sending out checks to host ...

I too had previously tried several other affiliate programs with near zilch results - my first full month of running GoogleAds was over 200USD - big difference.

wrmineo, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  14. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using Linkshare and Commission Junction for a couple of years, and have never really made much! I think, between both of them I probably didn't make $200 total in that 2 years. I have now started using adsense, and I am doing much much better.

I recently signed up for Clicksor, and was approved. I put the code on one of my sites, and all it ever showed was ads for Clicksor itself, so I removed it and went back to adsense. I sent Clicksor an email about it, but have not yet received a response. I was also looking at trying Overture, but when I go to the Overture site, there is nothing there about publishers, only advertisers. How does one get a publisher account for Overture???

I love adsense, and will use it for a major of my sites, but I would like to diversify a little so as to not have all my eggs in one basket.

freakrot, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  15. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    I see people talking of making some pretty good money with adsense... what are the tricks of the trade?? I've been using adsense since the beginning and I'm lucky if I pull in $40 a month, and I have a very active site with a forum that has over 1000 members.

matty dread, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  16. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    it's all about placement. your visitors need to see the ads. If they are way at the bottom, or way above the content, they won't get noticed. They need to be close to the content so they are noticed.

freakrot, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  17. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may not realize this, but in many places in the US, asking someone how they make their money is considered rude. If everyone knows how you make your money, it won't be for very long!

There are loads of posts on here showing how to increase earnings, but you have to do some WORK to find them.

Besides, forums are DEFINITELY NOT the most efficient way to make money with Adsense. You run into the problem of BANNER blindness, where regular users ignore the advertising.

PioneerGold, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  18. clay15

clay15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read Adsense's optimization tips if you haven't already. In particular the heat map that illustrates the ideal ad placement is very usefull.
    3 Months ago when I signed up I earned $15, the next month $130 and last month $200 (still haven't received a PIN though :( ). Not too bad for a "hobby site" that has a very low cpc :) .

clay15, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  19. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I offended anyone, but to me asking how much you make is rude, but asking how you make your money isn't, after all, isn't one of the purposes of these forums to share information and knowledge??

matty dread, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  20. Pakistani

Pakistani Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of other ways like YPN, Fastclick...etc.. too!

Secondly, it depends that how much traffic you get daily and what is quality of the traffic. Quality and quantity of traffic may lead you to earn bigger cash.

If you can tell me that how many page views you have daily, i might give you estimate of your monthly earnings.

Pakistani, May 1, 2006 IP