1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to get to 100 UVs a day?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FarrisFahad, Dec 24, 2016.

I am having problems building organic traffic to my website. I have been working on it for 2 months straight, but no results. I built links, to home page and inner pages.

I just visited Flippa and I see people getting a lot of organic traffic after six months only. How do they do it? I can't get to 100 UVs a month, let alone a day.

Here is my website: www.thefunnyzoo.com

Please take a look at it and give me advice.

I have built over 100 links. Some to the home page, while other are site wide.
    I also have uploaded 200+ pictures the last 2 months.
    I am showing for about 20 keywords in Google, and counting.

Here is my Webmaster tools report for the last 28 days ...
    [​IMG]

FarrisFahad, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  2. AtmaDvaar

AtmaDvaar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What are UVs?

AtmaDvaar, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unique Visitors

FarrisFahad, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  4. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Anyone?

FarrisFahad, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  5. Envigo Digital

Envigo Digital Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is a silly system IMHO. People inflate numbers there through various means to sell off website at a much higher valuation.
    I will answer the question directly. It can take 10 years to get 100 UVs a month or it may take just 10 days. People built aggregator websites on the fly that build 1000s of pages automatically by aggregating data and then adding layers of user benefits to them. Like rating sites, price comparison sites etc. They reach 100 uvs in a week. But a poorly developed website with no genuine content may take for ever to reach 100 UVs a month.

So, don't loose heart. Find what you can do better than your competitors in terms of information provided or experience provided and do that before you get into backlinks and social media and other stuff. If you think you have done your homework well but still you are not getting the traffic then get down to the abc of SEO.

Envigo Digital, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  6. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your reply. Can you please take a look at my website. And take a look at my backlink profile + content. Tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

FarrisFahad, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  7. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if it is you or not but I just replied to a similar question over on warrior forum.

Basically there are too many variables to give an accurate answer such as.

Keyword difficulty
    Number of articles
    Word count of articles
    Onpage SEO
    Offpage SEO

shaun-m, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  8. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have 350 pages indexed. But I am only showing for about 20 keywords, and I am not even ranking well.
    My on page is okay, and I am building links.

But I see people getting 300+ visitors a day after six months. My website started on September 2016, this means I am 4 months in, and I still don't see 10+ visitors a day. why?
    The website I am talking about is a wallpaper website with 2500+ pages indexed and ranking well in search engines. I don't know how they do it. I know it is possible, but how?

FarrisFahad, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  9. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your marketing strategy to get those 100 visitors. If your plan is deeply dependent on Google and SEO, then you likely are in for a wait, since according to their most recent updates, they take their time indexing pages, more time giving you a ranking per keyword, more time to consider your site branded or useful enough to give you a stable ranking, etc.

If you base your marketing on social media engagement, or posting on widely viewed forums related to your subject, or a YouTube viral campaign, etc, you may stand a better chance at getting to your target via direct clickthrus to your site, as this more direct route is not dependent search engine traffic. For example, if you offer useful content or suggestions to a web community with 300,000 regular monthly visitors and get even 1% to click your link, that by itself would get you 100 uv a day.

Ironically, Google is increasingly looking to see if a site has traffic that is not SE derived, and uses that as a ranking factor. That is, it regards sites with their own source of traffic as having more authority, as they are built more for people, and not for SE spiders. Develop several major ways to drive web traffic and you may see it pay off with Google.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    melprise, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  10. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you very much for your insightful reply

FarrisFahad, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  11. aslammaruf

aslammaruf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So referred to as web logging Guru's can tell you that a blog post ought to be no over five hundred words. i am here to point out you that longer post can assist you rank higher within the search engines and herald plenty additional traffic than your insufficient five hundred word article.

aslammaruf, Dec 29, 2016 IP
  12. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    300 visitors a day is actually damn good, which is 109k traffic a year. It took me 10 years to reach that amount and I was featured in the media too, so whatever their doing is very impressive.

Well, you have some content and 350 pages is heading in the right direction, but pictures of animals? I don't know how popular that is myself, visitor wise. Maybe that sort of thing is better on a free Facebook account page and Instagram than a website... I know one certainty, and that video content is king now and it gets crazy views if done well.

Web_Shark, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  13. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you think it's normal for a website to have few visitors the first year? When should I expect an increase?

FarrisFahad, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  14. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep, (actually most sole trader sites only see about 15k of visitors per year ) but won't be much for blog type sites (which is what you've got), unless its unique in some way, and yours isn't I'm afraid - its just some animal pictures, do you see what I'm saying here? You got to find the right type of content, then you monitor traffic flow for several months and if its below 10k, bin the idea as it just won't work. The content is key, its everything and the difference between each level of success.

Then you got the hassle of adding regular content - and for a Instagram-ish blog idea, this will need to be in the thousands of pages, and you won't get it done for your blog, as its too much effort, unless you got 30 employees working at it every single day..

For instance one site of mine gets 100k traffic a year, the other gets 500k a year - both great ideas, except the 2nd idea can get 80k traffic in like a single month.... levels....

You can only expect a visitor increase from a great idea, and regular established traffic, if your unique visitor flow is low - it ain't going to happen at all - not for most site types it won't.

Other website types eg: search engines, booking sites, job boards etc are the platinum of the web, traffic is always heavy and/or interest will be high. Blogs only attract low traffic usually, and that traffic is from spammers, which isn't what you want for an info type website.

I mean, if you monitor this closely, you will know when its a failure, within 12 months I'd say - I've made the mistake of keeping some sites for years when I should have switched models or just binned them, although my sites get me other rewards besides money, so I kept them as the traffic is good, and you don't chuck 100k traffic sites, you just don't. But some ideas, in hindsight, I never should have started them - seriously as to fill one of them will take years to do it properly and my database compared to yours is huge eg: 5000 companies.... and even though the idea is great as a problem solver site, the model sucks in a few ways, so there you go.

Few people will tell you what I'm telling you, so just be very careful about any site you undertake, as a large percentage won't ever make money or get huge traffic.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Web_Shark, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  15. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your honest reply. But I am looking for about 300 to 1000 visitors a day. I bought a wallpaper website from Flippa that generate more than 300 visitors a day. I tried to contact the previous owner but he did not reply. I just don't know how do they do it, and what should I expect from my website.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

FarrisFahad, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  16. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You bought a site from some stranger on Flippa, you don't know if it will even get traffic, but you'd like 1000 a day - and now the owner won't reply. I've a pretty good idea what they did, they set up a site, got some links to it and sold it on, probably told you its a winner etc. Did anything else come with the site like traffic stats? Is the domain name original or did you set up a new one - cos if its a new domain, you just lost all its original traffic.

Tough to advise when you haven't told the full story, yet you want a clear plan of action... but personally, I think you are wasting your time with a bad idea, like I said before, the great idea is key - everything works from that. Get a decent content idea first.

I don't think the mass image thing has legs anymore - its all video driven now eg: images in video, comedy vids with voice overs etc, its called Vlogging, that's where you should be.

Web_Shark, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  17. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You didn't understand. I bought a website on Flippa that already makes money. I am currently averaging $20.00 - $30.00 USD a month from that website. The previous owner worked on SEO and he did a good job. I want the same thing to happen to TheFunnyZoo. I am not expecting millions, I just want $20.00 a month from it. I know it's possible, but how?

FarrisFahad, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  18. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is it worth it? as that's only £240 a year (about 1 weeks wages for an employee), minus £120 for site hosting, web connection = £600 = a total of a minus £480 each year. So you will be at a loss each year.

See to make this work, you will need another 10 sites at least, and that's only £2400 a year in total earnings... plus you'll never generate enough traffic to this type of site to make it work. Blogs are darn tough to make work, very difficult to monetise, as is all publishing sites.

I can tell you that anything affiliate is a bad idea, heck even my vast amount of traffic won't click onto affiliate adverts or even adsense. One of my sites get's 100k in visitors and has only made £20 in 3 years off adsense earnings.... You wont match my traffic in a million years - I know its brutal, but you need to forget this.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Web_Shark, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  19. Envigo Digital

Envigo Digital Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Farris, Sorry for the late reply.
    I have gone through your site - rather quickly though. Here are some things you must do immediately.
    1. Add some text description to each picture when you post it. I don't mean alt tags. I mean some real text description to the posts.
    2. Create Keyword rich internal navigation - Like Funny cats pics, Hilarious Dogs instead of just cats and dogs. Use upto 3 worded internal links.
    3. Show a proper top menu with categories like Viral Memes, Most Hilarious Pics, Latest Funny pictures etc. Make the site appealing, more interesting.
    4. Immediately show related posts (5-6 atleast). It will not only improve pages vies per visit, it wil improve internal linking as well.
    5. Get some comments / discussions going. Even if you have to do it from 10 different ids - do it.
    6. Run some small contests every month. Best comments wins - xyz. It could be a 10$ thing or a free stuff.
    7. Use proper titles and description on each pic. Instead of something like "I think it's obvious what's going on ..." append Funny Cat Pics to the end of it.

Envigo Digital, Jan 6, 2017 IP
  20. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This isn't YouTube where he can get away with doing stupid stunts for 'like add-ons' to inflate fake validation.

I mean Farris already answered his own question,and I quote:

so after 4 months and he can't get 10 visitors per day, and he doesn't know why, yet he's convinced he'll earn £25 a month from a traffic-less
    blog full of animal pics... But I'll humour this encouragement before I decline to help as I don't want to see him waste time, effort and money trying
    to make a bad idea work. An idea he's be sold on by the previous owner, who also couldn't make it work, hence why he flogged it on.

These are my thoughts on his blog:

1. It looks far too basic, zero design skill to capture anyones attention eg: it doesn't compel me to click on/read the images, never mind the affiliate ads.
    2. Its a clear Made for adsense (MFA) and that pushes me away from its objective which should be content/entertainment.
    3. The affiliate adverts are off-target, when they should be matching the published content.

My conclusion is this site in its current format is a waste of time and money, and too much cash/effort needs to be injected to make it work. As a professional publisher/search engine owner, I doubt the motivation to make it work, and the idea isn't innovative or popular enough to draw in a visitor base enough to make money from it.

Web_Shark, Jan 7, 2017 IP