1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to be listed on DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by pg20706, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    About 4 years ago was the only time I have gotten a site of mine into DMOZ (aside from sites I have created for others.)

It was a TV show fan page - call it an experience or whatever. I submitted it to DMOZ and within a month I was in ( thank you, DMOZ ).

Anyways, I lost interest and let the domain name expire. It got picked up by one of the domain name squatting companies and the page became one of the pay per click affiliate "directories".
    1.5 years after I let the name expire it was still listed in DMOZ carrying spam content.
    That was the first time I went on Resource Zone and pointed it out to them.

Guess what?

Those fools started arguing with me, anything from blaming me of still being the owner (so why would I point it out) to trying to blame (whea wea we're overworked) so I left RZ.

It took a total of 4.5 months after I pointed it out for them to remove the domain.

Just something I have to share ... DMOZ is great and they take things very serious :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Feb 22, 2005 IP
  2. howardroark

howardroark Active Member

Best Answers:
    submitted my site about 4 months ago. when i asked for a submission status, they told me to ask again after 6 months... :(

howardroark, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  3. whateverusay

whateverusay Peon

Best Answers:
    Which site howard? The one in your profile was declined last August (but that may not be the one to which you refer).

whateverusay, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  4. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    In fact I submitted, my two site of which one of them is pretty simple site related to my dog couple of months ago. I checked status on resource-zone and got a canned reply... Site is awaiting review :)

NeoGen, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  5. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    There are only only a few replies you can get - what reply did you expect?

Site was reviewed and accepted and is in category xxx
    Site was refused - don't waste time resubmitting it
    Site was down when reviewed - resubmit when your ISP fixes it's problems
    Site was moved to another category wher it waits review
    Site is waiting to be reviewed

Now it could be an editor looked at the site, and thought it's not bad enough to refuse it, it's not blatant spam, but it looks like such a mess ~I want to vomit - so I'll skip it for today, and wait for a day when the sun is shining, and I'm in a better mood to review it properly. But since the people at RZ can't read editors minds, they can only report when an editor completes a review, not the case where he takes a passing glance and jumps to something else.

macdesign, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  6. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were the boss of that editor, I fired him immediately.

pg20706, Feb 24, 2005 IP