1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to be indexed?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Jude Vihervaara, May 19, 2006.

I have created a subdomain and a site filled up with content. I have created a sitemap too and I added it to my Google Sitemaps account. I have a script in my pages that sends me an e-mail everytime Googlebot visits, so I know that it has been quite busy visiting my site.

But how long it takes to be visible in Googles index with new site? I sended the sitemap on April 28th and Googlebot started regular visits about 10 days ago and last tuesday I found my frontpage from Google. Thats all after +200 bot visits.

Does anyone have experience how long does it take to be visible in Googles index?

Jude Vihervaara, May 19, 2006 IP
  2. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It can take a long time for an entire site to be indexed by Google. May sites never get completely indexed.

To give yourself the bst chance make sure the site navigation is simple and easily read by spiders. Then concentrate on getting as many links as possible from good pages (have PR and on-topic) also try to include deep links as this will help.

MattUK, May 19, 2006 IP
  3. Sir P

Sir P Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm yeh it varies. my last site got indexed in about 3 days. The current site im trying to get indexed is still waiting, i submitted it a week ago. It got indexed in msn in 1 day though !

Sir P, May 19, 2006 IP
  4. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Also submitted 28th april the sitemap of a completely new website about 12 pages rich content, new domain, everything new. It's indexed in the google/yahoo/msn index and already returns in serp!

I have set up a few backlinks up to the website, that's imo the main reason of indexing.

WhatiFind, May 19, 2006 IP
  5. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm,

it looks like Finland and finnish sites are part of 3rd world to Google. And to MSN & Yahoo as well. 264 Googlebot visits since may 9th and waiting. :(

Jude Vihervaara, May 19, 2006 IP
  6. sbskater10

sbskater10 Guest

Best Answers:
    The more often you update your content the more often you will be indexed. I see some sites get updated on a daily basis because of the consistancy of new content.

sbskater10, May 19, 2006 IP
  7. shwizzle

shwizzle Guest

Best Answers:
    Definetly varies, some people will never get on

shwizzle, May 20, 2006 IP
  8. MrWize

MrWize Peon

Best Answers:
    I released a site the 26th april and it was in the index 1st maj. Ok, i promoted it with a link on one of my other sites where googlebot checks almost everyday. Added a sitemap ofcourse .... it took about 5 days for the complete site (5 pages in the site) to be fully indexed.

The site is in Swedish, hosted in Sweden - www.lagstbud.se - a low bid auction site :D

It also was included real fast into MSN, and rank in top 5 on my kw-phrases

I have more problem with another site, www.dogindex.eu. Site released 10 maj, with promotion on other site and google sitemap. The mainpage was in the googleindex after 3 days, but You can't find the site if You search for kw/kw-phrases ... still, it is found and ranks good in MSN ... Probablly I will remove the google sitemap from that site ... and only let the googlebot do the work. I think the sitemap is the problem since it is dynamically constructed upon every request

My CarCasherDotCom SEOContest site was in the index after 1 day, now ranking in the top 60, depending on DC :p

cya,
    /PatrikB

MrWize, May 20, 2006 IP
  9. domregchief

domregchief Peon

Best Answers:
    Initial pages showed up in 10-15 days and the visitor was always the freshbot, then it took me 3 months to get deep crawled using the url's I submitted in the sitemap.

domregchief, May 21, 2006 IP
  10. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Right now there is problem with site command and you would not have right data in next few days.

Normally it can take 24 hours to unlimited time to index.
    Mostly 1 week is enough.

Mong, May 21, 2006 IP