1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take before seeing the results after putting backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by t-chan, Mar 26, 2009.

After building backlinks, for example doing blog commenting, forum posting, social bookmarking etc, how long does it take to see the results?

What I mean is, does the rank go up gradually when Google recognizes one link by one link, or is it when Google updates all the backlinks on my site (therefore you see the results all of a sudden a week or maybe a month later?)?

Also another question related to it; Does Google add a backlink(s) when they crawl MY site (recognize all the incoming links) or when Google grawls the site where there is a link to my link (adding each by each as a backlink?)?

Maybe I am asking the same thing here but basicaly I wanna know usually how long it takes before you can see your rank go up after you did all your work! (This is not for the discussion about putting a lot of links at the sametime is bad or good etc...so please answer the questions supposing I put proper numbers of links which Google doesn't think unnatural.)

Thanks

t-chan, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  2. peter5floor

peter5floor Peon

Best Answers:
    is a bit up and down how long it takes before Google reads new links pointing to you but I think 1-2 wks is normal. Also I think it depends on how high PR the site the link is coming from is. I remember someone saying that high PR sites are crawled more often then a site with a low PR.

new links on your site are indexed when Google crawls your site, not one by one.

Peter

peter5floor, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  3. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually see some sort of movement 1 to 2 weeks after link building. And it can take around 3 months for a final position to settle.

But of course, it also depends on how many links you built and whether you targeted them properly. Just a few links here and there and you'll likely see very little movement. But 50 or more targeted links at a time should yield some sort of movement.

Your rank is usually updated over time as google gradually finds all the links. Google does not find these links by crawling YOUR site, you must wait till the links on other sites pointing to you are found.

T_Media, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  4. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all your pages with your link backs must get cached. Then you can start see results in 7-10 days period.

stephen082, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  5. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Chances are for Google at least, you're not going to see much if any of a lift from these types of backlinks. They have been devaluing those types of links repeatedly over the last year or two. Did you even check to see if they were FOLLOW vs NOFOLLOW links?

Google is continually changing rankings of pages for keywords as they crawl and index pages that link to you or used to link to you. This post is already ranked #1 at Google http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...+a+month+later?)?&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=.

Yahoo! however seems to take more time to see changes in ranking due to backlinks.

Google counts internal links to your page as well as external links from other sites. They won't give you credit for links from other sites until they find them on the other site and follow them to your site. They have no way of knowing the other site is linking to you until the find the link on the other site.

Canonical, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  6. kiduka

kiduka Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your competition but it should normally take a month to see stabalized results.

kiduka, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  7. abbaby_80

abbaby_80 Banned

Best Answers:
    blog commenting is useless because mostly blogs are nofollow
    try directory and articles as well to get ranking
    it depends on your competition also

abbaby_80, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  8. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting still works for me. But I don't do it on a regular basis, too much effort compared to other link building methods.

T_Media, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  9. t-chan

t-chan Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do check if the link is do follow or nofollow. (Though I found on for Yahoo! search, my comment on noffolow blog was counted as a backlink. I just wanted to comment so I did, and found out later when I checked the backlinks that it was counted as a backlink)

t-chan, Mar 27, 2009 IP