1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take a new site to get PR?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Juls, Mar 7, 2005.

How long does it take a new site for google to give it it's PR?

Weeks or months?

Thanks,

Juls

Juls, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  2. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you do, how fast you do it. --- at least til the next PR update- which should be in a month or so Im guessing.

joeychgo, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  3. Sirxl

Sirxl Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I am wondering too. My site has been up around 3 weeks now. Still waiting for a PR rank

Sirxl, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  4. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR is updated all at once, whenever google feels like doing it, which right now is quarterly. The last was Jan 1

joeychgo, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  5. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    As a newbie myself, here's what I've learnt:

When you start a new site, your PR will be n/a NOT zero... Zero (your very first PR) means that Google has indexed you but deem that your page/site is not important... After having your site, start submitting your site to directories and create more backlinks... Then, wait for G to perform their PR update... typically every quarter but I could be wrong...

obenix, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  6. Phil Tanny

Phil Tanny Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my sites went to PR4 30 days after release. It seems this was due almost entirely to incoming links as there isn't a lot of content.

The site is a free service, but a link back is required to receive the best level of service.

Depending on the phase of the moon or time of day etc, Google reports I have somewhere between 200 and 600 incoming links.

Phil Tanny, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  7. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mid-Jan: Google cache cut-off for internal PR update (All sites/pages set-up after that date will have to wait for the next update)

First week of Feb: Internal PR updated.

The following are estimates based on past Google behaviour
    First/second week of March: Any day now, toolbar should be updated to reflect changes that took place in Feb's update

First/Second week of April : Google cache cut-off for next update. All pages cached by Google by this date will be ranked in the next update.

First/second week of May: Internal PR update. You should see big movements in SERPs when this happens.

First/second week of June: Toolbar update to reflect May's update. This is when a three week old sites (like yours and mine) will see a visible toolbar PR.

So, my recommendation to you would be to focus on building links. Get as many as you can by the end of this month and hope that Google caches all your pages, as well as as many of these links before the cut-off for the update. Then, wait and watch! Hope this helps!

dfsweb, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  8. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    awesome info.. i saw it somewhere before but thanks for the reminder... basically 1 update per month... pr, backlinks and internal pr... taking turns 1 per month.. something like that.. i guess it will be a while until april or may...

thanks.... :)

sorry if that didnt make sense... sick and tired.

Juls, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, PR is probably updated all the time, but Toolbar PR and Directory PR, or collectively I suppose one could call that visible or public PR, is only updated periodically when Google feels like it or gets around to it.

minstrel, Mar 7, 2005 IP