1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Long Did It Take You To Learn CSS?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by psufootball, Sep 25, 2010.

1. KindSoles

KindSoles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I grasped the concept of CSS almost immediately after reading about it 7 years ago, but I am still learning every day. I think it was a couple of days for me to get my first layout coded. and then a few weeks to have the basics memorized. Now when I'm coding a layout it's a combination of memory and quick referencing to the w3school's website.

KindSoles, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  2. jdjaded

jdjaded Peon

Best Answers:
    fortunately it's a relatively easy syntax to learn. I still look most of the details up online though. learned it in about 3 months I guess.

jdjaded, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  3. ronc0011

ronc0011 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it was about a month before I was using it comfortably. The biggest hurdle for me was dealing with the difference between inline styling and using an external style sheet. Frankly I find the external style sheet approach the least confusing and makes it clearer what you're doing in the beginning. Also Using Visual Studio is a great help with the learning curve. VS's "Intella Sense" feature is a big help when learning all the different elements that are available to you.

ronc0011, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  4. Rocky01

Rocky01 Peon

Best Answers:
    CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are the most fundamental technologies of the web. They are the language of all web pages on the Internet and sometimes they are also used to write documents and help files in your local computer. Learning CSS is the first step to be a web developer. There are many online tutorial sites that may help you to learn CSS step by step systematically.

Rocky01, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  5. CSM

CSM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not true.

HTML is "the language of all web pages on the Internet".

CSS is not needed to make a webpage. HTML is needed (every browser has it's own "iplemented" CSS).

You will never know CSS up to 100% (I mean correct CSS). For me it is still an ongoing process.

CSM, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  6. anjaneya

anjaneya Peon

Best Answers:
    Hardly takes about one day, if you're willing to learn :)

anjaneya, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  7. mephisto73

mephisto73 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like with most things, "learning" CSS can take many years or one day, since you don't define "learn".

If you want to be able to do some basic text formatting you can learn to do this in an hour or two with css.

To be well educated in CSS and all its cababilities, exceptions and browser compability issues it would probably take several months of real study to achieve.

I've used CSS for many years, and I'm still learning new things! But then I don't "study", per se.

mephisto73, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  8. NewWebMaster

NewWebMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    i spend 3 week for learning css , just take a time for learning .

NewWebMaster, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  9. explosivefruit

explosivefruit Member

Best Answers:
    I began using it 6 odd years ago. Now the fun begins again with CSS3. :)

explosivefruit, Dec 4, 2010 IP