1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Long Did It Take You To Learn CSS?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by psufootball, Sep 25, 2010.

1. alfieindesigns

alfieindesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Good day!

Learning CSS is a great hobby... Hobby? yes make it your hobby on doing tutorials, finding more and more sample of coding a website using CSS. What i'm trying to say is that, you can learn fast depending on your availability and willingness. Of course, don't forget to pray first to have guidance.

Base on my experience the more you code the more you will appreciate CSS, and the more you will be learning new technique of coding CSS ;)

Thanks and God bless always!

Best regards,
    alfieindesigns

alfieindesigns, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  2. cjcpoker

cjcpoker Peon

Best Answers:
    A couple of days to learn enough to do some pretty good sites from scratch. The formatting part is pretty intuitive, but figuring out how to use <div> tags to layout pages took some effort, and I still have to do some trial and error.

When I see a site design I like, I pull up the source and find their css file and see how they make it look that way.

cjcpoker, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  3. jeffersondaniel

jeffersondaniel Peon

Best Answers:
    You have learned HTML likewise CSS is also an easier one to learn. Its good to learn CSS, spend a little more time here you can learn it within 3 to 4 weeks.

jeffersondaniel, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  4. mike.waresclub

mike.waresclub Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's open your mind, let think about when you have to arrange some stuffs for good look. It's same idea.

mike.waresclub, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  5. Asgeco

Asgeco Member

Best Answers:
    Well for me it took about a weak to learn basics and to code my first website with xhtml/css. After that you just read blogs find out about some css techniques and keep learning.

Asgeco, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  6. Rocky01

Rocky01 Peon

Best Answers:
    CSS is a set of formatting instructions that controls the looks of a web page. You can build your layout, adjusting size and color of your headings or body text, as well as positioning your pictures on your website. CSS will enhance the look of your website and makes it more attractive for the customers.

Rocky01, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  7. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not long for me. I never started web development until the early 2000s when tables were already obsolete, so I never 'transitioned'.

subdivisions, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  8. mike.waresclub

mike.waresclub Peon

Best Answers:
    CSS is very important if you want to get more visitor, make them stay in your website longer,...-> Let be patient.

mike.waresclub, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  9. Suukai

Suukai Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still learning css, but to get the basics of it, I gradually learned it over 6 months or so.

Suukai, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  10. mike.waresclub

mike.waresclub Peon

Best Answers:
    Learning is always necessary!

mike.waresclub, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  11. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you design CSS templates also for Pligg CMS sites?

EngineerofSuccess, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  12. scriptinstaller

scriptinstaller Peon

Best Answers:
    To learn CSS or to learn PROPER CSS, that is the question.... To learn CSS is not even the easiest of tasks.. unless you understand it already from being around it in a technical surrounding, such as a school or workplace where its always talked about.

Proper CSS only comes from experience.. I'd say, after about 10 commercial large projects, where I knew html for years and really had to outline via CSS did I discover
    it and I self taught myself proper CSS outlining.. which is the key... I still struggle with classes and management, things can get repetitive and easy to over class
    styles.

But one you learn and know it right, you NEVER have to worry about cross browser compatibility, and I NEVER need browser hacks.. It's a sign you are doing it wrong.

I am convinved you know you are doing it right if you use a grid outline in your head, and never a margin of over 20px or 1.4em. If i ever see a margin or padding on
    a css file like this.. i know its most likely bad CSS

Also, keep your CSS CLEAN at all times... format it the same all the time, when you go back to stuff in the future it will save you hours

scriptinstaller, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  13. anthony.zepezauer

anthony.zepezauer Peon

Best Answers:
    What Rimona said. I've been doing CSS for years and am still learning it. But the basics are not that hard to pick up. Start with formatting rules for fonts, colors etc. Those are pretty predictable. Then move on to divs, positioning, and other advanced topics.

anthony.zepezauer, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  14. glassguru7

glassguru7 Peon

Best Answers:
    try w3schools.com
    and rest depends on your own Interest.

glassguru7, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  15. helloguys12345678

helloguys12345678 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started truly using CSS about 3 years ago and I'm still learning every day to master it. Of course, you really can't stop learning because they keep coming out with new levels of CSS, but it will probably take a few years before modern browsers fully adopt them.

helloguys12345678, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  16. AtomicPages

AtomicPages Peon

Best Answers:
    I used the XHTML and CSS Bible :D I learned over the course of a few months... practice practice practice

AtomicPages, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  17. Bitcable-Preetam

Bitcable-Preetam Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the others here. It did not take me a few days or even a few months. I have gotten to my current level after years of practice, and I still learn new things every now and then (I like the rounded corners!).

Bitcable-Preetam, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  18. glassguru7

glassguru7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree that practice is necessary

glassguru7, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  19. nishanair

nishanair Active Member

Best Answers:
    learning css = working with css : if you want to learn, you have to create web pages with css, its easy to use than the tables and tr td mess

nishanair, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  20. scottcalbee

scottcalbee Peon

Best Answers:
    It took me few months to learn and understand CSS. Since there's no one to teach me CSS at home, so I just go to youtube and learn it from there :)

I always refer HTML as the BODY and CSS as the CLOTHES (where you can design it as you like).

Once you remember some basic CSS properties everything will be easy.. Keep it up guys, i'm still learning too..

scottcalbee, Nov 9, 2010 IP