1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long can google sandbox last

Discussion in 'Google' started by Max2000, Feb 21, 2017.

Hi,

So I have website which will be 6 months old soon.

I posted almost 50 blog articles but get extremely low traffic as I don't appear for just about any keyword on google front page. So I am guessing I am stuck in sandbox.

My niche is banking related.

Anyone knows how long can google sandbox last at most. It is getting a little bit frustrating.

Thanks

Max2000, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am confused here. First, I did not know Google had a sandbox. Second, if they do, why are you in the sandbox since nothing in a sandbox will ever get indexed? Third, to answer your title question, FOREVER.

mmerlinn, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  3. Toka97

Toka97 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about your backlinks profile? If you optimize on-page seo that's great but if you want to get good amount of visitors from Google you'll need good off-page seo such as good backlinks profile.
    Also Google sandbox may last 2-3 or even 6 months I think your problem is lack of quality backlinks, not sandbox because with sandbox you still should be getting some visitors

Toka97, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  4. Yatrava

Yatrava Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a chance to get out of there?

Yatrava, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The Google sandbox is a myth

Agent000, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The website is still new and it is not just posting blog articles to get traffic and rank. You need to study your website's behavior from the users using GA to see that your pages really engage. Sandbox has nothing to with your problem.

KylieSweet, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  7. waresh

waresh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think this is not the problrm of sendbox. mainly u have focus your seo site. then you can get solve this problem

waresh, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  8. ReviewFlux

ReviewFlux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So yeh - you could be sandboxed (it is possible) as a new site, seems like google are holding onto new sites more aggressively recently.

Your only way out is to increase your backlink profile, and boost your TF & CF ratings (you can check these on majestic.com, which will also show your backlink profile free of charge).

It is possible that to rank for your chosen keywords you need to have a TF/CF that is equal to or higher than your competitors - so in a very competitive keyword you would need a flipping lot of backlinks to get ranked, but for a less competitive keyword you would be able to rank with lower TF/CF ratings (hope that makes sense).

You can check how competitive the keywords you are using are with tools like longtailpro (not sure if there are free options that will assess this for you).

First steps would be to go to majestic & see what your technical scores are / existing backlink profile & go from there.

Hope that helps - Matt

ReviewFlux, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  9. Girilaya Real Groups

Girilaya Real Groups Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hy mr @Max2000 . can you access google webmaster tool ? if you can. You can go to Manual Action Section and Do It.

Girilaya Real Groups, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  10. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Work with UX. You have visitors to your website, even though the number is low, and you should analyze how long they are staying on your website and what they click on. If people leave your site too early, you should work with organizing your website so people find it easy to browse and understand what it's all about. Your articles should have short paragraphs. The text space shouldn't be too dense. This will make it easy for people to read. People want convenience and you have to accommodate this need. Also add pictures. Make highlights in the text when something is important. Add sub-headers that will explain the content. You see, the options are plenty to improve your site.

Then you have the SEO part. Try to get backlinks from high authority websites, which are websites that rank high on the search results. As you have been in the game for 6 months and published around 50 articles, you should be well qualified to write guest posts. Approach blogs and websites within your niche. If your article is published, you will get a backlink to your website. Also be active on Social media. Join groups and discussions. Try to give a value in every discussion by educating people. When possible and relevant, drop a link to your website.

MrKing01, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Are you sure it's not indexed? I had sites that were indexed really fast, but my Google webmaster dashboard didn't reflect it for a few weeks. Did you try site:your_blog_url_here.com to see if it shows up in searches?

qwikad.com, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  12. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google allegedly created Sandbox as a temporary filter for new websites before they can become visible on top of the SERPs. Although some people firmly believe that Sandbox is a myth, Google is certainly aware of numerous spam and SEO strategies that could compromise it’s quality of search results. For this reason, and in order to stop spam sites to rank highly, Google came up with an artificial filter, a sort of probation for new sites. So, if you believe to be put in the Google Sandbox, it is most probably because Google wants to reevaluate your profile to make sure it’s not spam correlated. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any time frame or expiration date of Sandbox. However, I would recommend that you focus on creating great content and always go white-hat!

Gosuperb, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I find it interesting that sites that start earning income often report dramatic increases...
    so lets say on the 8th month, a site earns $50, then on the 10th month, site earns $100,
    then on the 11th month, the site earns $300, then $500, then $800....

If there is no sandbox, then how come it took several months to earn anything?
    then all of a sudden several months later, the site gets dramatic income increases?
    maybe the sandbox was slowly releasing the site so it could rank higher, and higher?

but hey, if you want to call sandbox a myth, then fine by me....

dscurlock, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  14. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:

If you read carefully what I wrote, you will see that I never said that it's a myth, but: "Although some people firmly believe that Sandbox is a myth, Google is certainly aware of numerous spam and SEO strategies that could compromise it’s quality of search results. " That is the answer to your question. And, to be completely honest, I think that it's fair to check the website first before it starts earning anything. Quality just comes at a slower pace.

Gosuperb, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was really referring to the user above you that called sandbox a myth....
    It really does not matter if people do think it is a myth or not as it is all
    relative anyways. google sandbox implies that new sites have to wait for
    a period of time, when in fact, it takes time anyways, as it is rare for
    a new site to shoot to the moon overnight, however, I have seen it happen....

as long as follow some basic guidelines, then you should be ok...

• find a profitable niche
    • do keyword research for content
    • randomize anchors in link building
    • niche/related authority link building
    • build authority links slowly
    • create good content
    • follow on page seo practices

1000 articles/day is not going to get you to the top any faster; building 1000
    links day may get you penalized (even if they are quality links) google is smart
    enough to know if your new site deserves massive incoming links....

again, it is all relative, rinse and repeat the steps above, and if you are lucky,
    then your keywords will start ranking within a few months, however, if you start
    making money or not can depend on niche, and other factors; Do people trust
    your site, do you have what people are looking for, and so on....

making money online is not as easy as people think it is. They often have that
    dream of "making money" but when reality sets in, and they have not worked
    their site, and still no money after a few months, then they give up, and i highly
    suspect most give up within 3-6 months or so, and I think it takes approx six
    months+ as this is about when you see a site starting to step it up....

Everyone says they want to make money, however, in their mind, they want
    to sit back and do nothing, and make money, and when they figure out they
    have to tend to their site as if they are raising a child, then they bail....

time and actual working your site is everyone's worst enemy...

What if find interesting about the OPs original post is that he said he
    posted 50 articles, and his site was six months old at the time, however,
    we really do not know the quality of his content, nor did he mention
    anything about his SEO efforts. If all you do is zap out content, then I am
    afraid you really are going to have a long wait, and since the banking
    industry maybe competitive, then it may take many years for anything
    to happen, and if you want to shorten that time, then do quality SEO....
    however, the op did not provide enough info to make a determination...

it is like asking how come my gun did not fire, and we simply do not
    know why the gun did not fire; is there a bullet in the gun? Do you
    have a quality gun? Has the gun been oiled? modern gun or outdated?
    there are just to many moving parts to answer vague questions....

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    dscurlock, Jul 14, 2017 IP
    vegabond likes this.