1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long can google sandbox last

Discussion in 'Google' started by Max2000, Feb 21, 2017.

Hi,

So I have website which will be 6 months old soon.

I posted almost 50 blog articles but get extremely low traffic as I don't appear for just about any keyword on google front page. So I am guessing I am stuck in sandbox.

My niche is banking related.

Anyone knows how long can google sandbox last at most. It is getting a little bit frustrating.

Thanks
    SEMrush

Max2000, Feb 21, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am confused here. First, I did not know Google had a sandbox. Second, if they do, why are you in the sandbox since nothing in a sandbox will ever get indexed? Third, to answer your title question, FOREVER.

mmerlinn, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  3. Toka97

Toka97 Member

Best Answers:
    What about your backlinks profile? If you optimize on-page seo that's great but if you want to get good amount of visitors from Google you'll need good off-page seo such as good backlinks profile.
    Also Google sandbox may last 2-3 or even 6 months I think your problem is lack of quality backlinks, not sandbox because with sandbox you still should be getting some visitors

Toka97, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  4. Yatrava

Yatrava Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a chance to get out of there?

Yatrava, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Google sandbox is a myth

Agent000, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Active Member

Best Answers:
    The website is still new and it is not just posting blog articles to get traffic and rank. You need to study your website's behavior from the users using GA to see that your pages really engage. Sandbox has nothing to with your problem.

KylieSweet, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  7. waresh

waresh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think this is not the problrm of sendbox. mainly u have focus your seo site. then you can get solve this problem

waresh, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  8. ReviewFlux

ReviewFlux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So yeh - you could be sandboxed (it is possible) as a new site, seems like google are holding onto new sites more aggressively recently.

Your only way out is to increase your backlink profile, and boost your TF & CF ratings (you can check these on majestic.com, which will also show your backlink profile free of charge).

It is possible that to rank for your chosen keywords you need to have a TF/CF that is equal to or higher than your competitors - so in a very competitive keyword you would need a flipping lot of backlinks to get ranked, but for a less competitive keyword you would be able to rank with lower TF/CF ratings (hope that makes sense).

You can check how competitive the keywords you are using are with tools like longtailpro (not sure if there are free options that will assess this for you).

First steps would be to go to majestic & see what your technical scores are / existing backlink profile & go from there.

Hope that helps - Matt

ReviewFlux, Apr 14, 2017 IP