1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long before China pass USA?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Aug 20, 2005.

?

When will China pass the USA?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2005.
  1. Before 2025

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Between 2025-2050

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. 2050-2100

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Never

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
    Every body know about China fast economical expansion but they are expanding military also and I wonder how long before they become the super power and put USA in the former super power club with France,England, Russia?

gworld, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What do you mean with "become the super war?"

fryman, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The strongest economy and military in the world and replace USA, as USA did to England.

gworld, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  4. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    USA Never did it to England, England has a underground city of which billions of dollors are made per millisecond. But I would say never.

soapbath, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    You might think that USA is the top economy in the world, but that is only what they want you to think. In Europe they couldn't care less about USA

fryman, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  6. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I think the term you are looking for is "super power"

china will probably be caught up to us in the next 25 years, my guess at least.

ferret77, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  7. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One of the key things that separates the US from other countries is pop culture. You might think England or other countries don’t care about the USA, but England is still buying a lot of American music, food, clothing, games, and movies.

I think one of the key problems with the US is the young generation. For a long period in time the US had been driven by capitalism. Capitalism fueled our technological advances, education, our hopes, and our drive. Now you have a lot of young people that really aren’t interested in making money and would rather have fun then work hard. There’s a whole group of people raised on video games and fast food. Most of these kids have never had to work growing up so once they become adults they aren’t really interested in working. They would rather watch reality TV then educate themselves or work.

It’s kind of ironic that pop culture helped the United States conquer the world and is becoming its downfall at the same time.

I think the US is still many years from falling off the top, but I think it will happen eventually.

Hodgedup, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wouldn't say that's entirely true... I'm 29 and I wouldn't particularly consider myself lazy. In fact I could argue I fueled some advances in a few different industries already. :)

Capitalism is all about supply and demand, because if you don't do something, someone else will. In fact, I wish more people WERE lazy. Would just leave more opportunities for me. ;)

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  9. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone happened to read The Coming Collapse of the Dollar, and How To Profit From It? If you've read the book, it'd be interesting to hear any thoughts on it; I'm thinking of buying it next time I place an order on Amazon. From the book description:

Willy, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  10. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    well inspires me to bust out some more loan sites ... suckers

Its funny when you buy a decent sized purchase in cash often sales people are surprised a little, like its a given that its bought on credit or some type of financing plan.

You got to admit there is a lot of pasty americans driving around in cars their parents bought them, getting useless over priced degrees , worrying more about who wins american idol then then the future of the country.

But hey its probably always been like that

11. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too true. A few years back I borrowed money from my older sister to buy a car. Yes, still a loan, but not from a bank, and that drove the salesman just about crazy. Every few minutes he'd start his financing spiel. He just couldn't get that I had my own financing and no interest in what he could offer.

Then I drove my sister nuts by paying her off extremely early.

stephfoster, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  12. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you not noticed a big difference in the attitude of people our age and the ones that are 5-10 years younger?

I'm not talking about anyone past 25. I'm talking about people just now getting out of college and kids in high school.

There's been a ton of articles written about kids that are graduating college now that aren't really interested in climbing the corporate ladder and would rather just work as few hours needed to get by.

I personally know a few people in that age bracket that just aren't real interested in getting a job.

I'm not saying it's everyone, but it is a large portion of people.

Hodgedup, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  13. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I never would of guessed.. then again my social group love working (aka nerds, geeks what ever!) I think people are really getting to Lazy.

soapbath, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  14. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    When I was under 25 I mostly tried to stay as high as possible, I used to follow the grateful dead and live out the back of the car.

Although its probably a little less productive then going to school for woman's studies or liberal arts, I still feel vaguely superior.

How about people who live thir parents till they are like 30....

15. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    heh, china wont get there in my opinion, cause if they tried, there would be 4-5 nations fighting neck and neck over china(translation: war, and well as value of money turned in chinas favor, making crime rise and leave other nations for chinas $$ (all the illegal stuff people sell and do for money). :eek:

hey even that nut bin laden had a pair of *nikes when he was younger. (made in china lmao, sold from USA)

well the uk dollar is strong since they combined between countries. smart, though we'll see who wins the dollar value battle.

I'm not lying about that message above^ i saw a picture which was enlarged on the news where they showed his nikes.

isaiasd2003, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  16. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you mean GDP by size of economy, by 2020-2025 China and India will be number 2 and 3 respectively in the world. Still USA will remain on top. If the communist rule continues in China even after 2025, China would overtake US by 2035-2040. But if you consider wealth per individual (percapita income etc) , China still has a long long way to go.

US economy got a big boost due to the IT boom. Somehow the European economies missed the bus. Even today most of the major IT companies are based in US. This gives US a big advantage. Combine that with the capitalist nature of the economy, innovative attitudes of the americans and political power of US , USA is going to be the superpower for next 20-30 years atleast.

sachin410, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  17. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think that is only happening in the US? I havent been out of country, but I am sure the same thing is happening over in Britian and other well developed countries. Correct me if I am wrong, but thats how I see it.

ForgottenCreature, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  18. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think seeking instant gratification and the quick fix, while trying to avoid any long-term planning or personal responsibility, has become commonplace enough in the developed world, America or not.

But, as Shawn pointed out, that's all the better for those of us willing to actually work hard; as a somewhat related matter, half a decade ago I threw out the television set and haven't missed it since. I'm in my twenties, in case anyone cares.

If others my age will waste a decade or so of their lives as couch potatoes glued to their boob tubes, hey, that's all the less competition for me. I can spend half the time they watch TV here at DP, and still study more and work harder :D Let them sleepwalk through their lives if that's all they desire.

Willy, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  19. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    Neh, not entirely true, as a hardcore gamer, I both work hard, and take responsibility. I'm also driven to succeed (maybe more than others around). The problem the US is having is called a backlash, inwhich teens are overly consumed by pop culture (thats that no hard work, all play attitude, thinking moneys always at their disposal-ya their parents money! lol), also there is this other problem-drugs(alot of teens in the US are consumed by this cruch, this form of take a pill sniff something and problem solved), what I have to say about them is live your on f***ing life don't ***k around taking drugs just to live some imaginary life, life is tough, its challenging, it can be cold, it can be alot of things, but by drugs your not even living life, your living in lala land, screwing ur brains over in most cases permanently). Besides that, young parents don't give a crap about their kids til its too late and they screw themselves, roughly speaking. So basically video games isn't so much the problem, for example, you'll begin to see gamers getting involved with the industry more later in life, like when their parents kick em outta the freakin garage! lol, Also xbox is gonna be a big hit, I suggest to invest in it somehow, don't say I never told u so.:D ps3 is gonna suck a bit, since they have no real grounds toward what they wanna do with it. They really should of responded to my 1 e-mail out of the billions of e-mails they get :D I could of helped. lol, and if their by some miracle reading this message, I can still help :D

ps: I always plan for the future. Even some stuff that may not even come to pass. Just gotta have all bases covered.

isaiasd2003, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  20. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    ^^Dudes got a point there :D . Can't wait to be my old bullies Boss LMFAO . Hey, it'd actually be a nation of smart leaders for once :D. Nerds will rule! ( uh i'm not quite offically a nerd, but u get the picture, I'll be the vice president and some nerd will be president :D just an idea ).
    Please don't send hate mail :(

isaiasd2003, Aug 21, 2005 IP