1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is this site getting #1 ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LairdOfTheIsles, Sep 5, 2014.

I have no relation to this business neither am I in competition with them...

It was pointed out to me that
    http://www.colewood.net
    Code (markup):
    rank on Google.co.uk as #1 for "ppc management". They boast about this in their blog since 2012.

I ran their site through Moz.com's Open Site Explorer. They have 940 inbound links from 43 domains. I was not able to see the anchor text for all of these, but those I could didn't use the phrase above.

They have a crazy number of Twitter and Facebook followers (esp for the number of Tweets they've made).

How are they achieving their results?

LairdOfTheIsles, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  2. mk810

mk810 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They say they were established in 1999 which helps. Their main homepage is optimized for PPC Management which lets Google know their whole site is focused on PPC Management. Versus some of the other sites that talk about various topics and PPC management is just one of the pages.

Just a guess

mk810, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good optimization about this word... It has high authority... Unique content, looks good and aged... Not really sure how it's still ranking on #1 as you said since 2012, but... who knows :)

patco, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Their G+ page is not even working on their site! Do you believe in Santa !?
    Let's say it's the age that keeps up the ranks and content but overall the site is not wow!

Matei Gavriluta, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  5. Jennifer Hutson

Jennifer Hutson Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure how much you know about anchor links, but it's now bad to post only your keyword as anchor text. Google looks at this as intentionally trying to rank yourself, which is not what they want. Anchor text should be diversified. For example, some anchored links could be your keyword, others your website name, others your URL, others phrases like "Click here" and so on. It should look natural.

Their site is older, so that juice definitely helps. Their backlinks are also most likely very relevant to their niche and not on sites that are unrelated. There are a ton of contributing factors.

Jennifer Hutson, Sep 11, 2014 IP