1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is Google yet not capable of stopping this spam ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by anandnadaar, Dec 22, 2008.

1. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Undetected? I reported sites almost 3 years ago and they're ranking high today. Shameful, is what it is.

scubita, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  2. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    And let's not discount that the niche of the web sites in question (legitimate and illegitimate) is a very high spam niche. Drugs, herbal remedies, vitamins, pills of any sort carry a high rate of spam results due to the fact that there are far more spam sites for these items than there are legitimate sites.

It has to be very frustrating trying to beat these crappy sites and rank with your legitimate herbal remedies web site. Best of luck!

Tara33, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  3. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are a big organisation, and all big organisations have their own issues.

It is shameful, but there is nothing that we can do about it unless Google takes some steps on their own.

gr8liverpoolfan, Dec 23, 2008 IP
    lycos and wwe_fan9417 like this.
  4. OinkOink

OinkOink Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually you find site like these with about a "million" hyphens in. It should be very easy for the "experts" at Google to create a script to combat this.

Maybe they are off for Christmas :)

OinkOink, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    search engines aren't actually very good at detecting quality (and hence 'spam'). What they ARE good at is detecting UNIQUENESS. And counting backlinks.

You get those 2 things covered, you can rank for herbal nonsense too.

contentboss, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  6. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not easy to stop spam completely, what ever you do some of them we still find one way or the other...

Lovely, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  7. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Since it seems easy to rank high with spammy content and keep that place for 3 years, i'm developing my own Scooby Spam Technique :p

scubita, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  8. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully once the update has been completed, the problem can be removed. Just hope....

lycos, Dec 23, 2008 IP
    wwe_fan9417 likes this.
  9. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Crossing fingers for a total stall at this update along the weekend: just received a mail from my hosting company saying my servers will be down later on for some hours for upgrades + revisions! :mad:

scubita, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  10. anandnadaar

anandnadaar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys it is over 40 days now that I started this thread.. and the day I complained this issue to Google. But there is no change and those spammers are still enjoying the top positions that we are working hard to gain..

Any ideas on how to stop them ??? Apart from crying in front of Google who is not in a mood to destroy this online Terrorism..

anandnadaar, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  11. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Well i guess some webmaster was determined to have people buy his product
    by taking up the top ten serps results....

What you should do is build your backlinks so that you can be in first :)

11 million results.... lmao

You could be on top in less then 2 weeks if you build "quality" relevant backlinks

Goodluck
    malcolm

malcolm1, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  12. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anand, my suggestion would be to post an article on this in your blog/site.

Ask some of your friends to Digg and Stumble it.

Forward the same post to prominent webmasters and before you send it to them, prepare a list of fakes for their sites/blogs/forums, so that they would be interested and would wish to back you up.

Do post how your battle went on over this spammers.

If you wish to get your battle to the frontpages in the period to come, make out an entry and send it to me in my site in the first link in the sig. I would post and publish in my social bookmarking/networking sites and would let you take the lead in this issue.

teamnirvana, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  13. anandnadaar

Best Answers:
    That is an interesting Idea.. Thanks! Will surely work on that idea.. its almost like a viral marketing kind of stuff :)

And malcolm1

There is no way that Organic SEO can bring you 1000's and more results in Google for a single keyword. Though different domains but the theme is the same for them to SPAM like hell and gain traffic.. and to be honest they are successful so far.

14. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    All im saying is that if you build backlinks (related herbal sites) and use the keyword terms as anchor
    then it wont take that long before you beat his results as im very certain he never bothered to build
    his 10 sites back-links therefor your site will leapfrog his results within a few weeks of good quality linking.

Now if you dont want to this then you will just have to sit and wait for google to remove the results ... If they decide to remove that is

goodluck
    malcolm

malcolm1, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  15. skbcabey

skbcabey Member

Best Answers:
    hey we will always have spamming. let google deal with it and i know they will

skbcabey, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  16. anandnadaar

Best Answers:
    Thats like - let our politicians deal with terrorism :) do you think our politicians will care a damn to do something about it unless we force them or something major happens in their country ??

This forum is a way to actually discuss on various topics that is happening around the world. This post may actually reach someone sitting at Googles office with a chopper to chop the sites out of Google :D That sounds over ambitious but who knows I may be right in saying that.

Well I am writing a post and will update here when completed.

17. allcart

allcart Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to jump in here, but could someone explain what is wrong with using hyphens. I have seen them used before but never knew it was a bad thing.

allcart, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  18. john1021

john1021 Member

Best Answers:
    nothing is wrong with using hyphens. it's not like you're going to get penalized for using a hyphen. it just doesn't look professional.

for the original post, they're not going to get rid of backdoor pages for "order herbals online" because it gets no searches and it's not competitive. google doesn't care about terms that nobody searches.

john1021, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  19. Cindymae

Cindymae Banned

Best Answers:
    Well its better to report your concern to google. I tried that already before when one of our client open that issue.
    We already reported but nothing happen.

I admit google cannot detect 100% spam. lets wait maybe someday it will resolve.

Hopefully.

Cindymae, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  20. squadron

squadron Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the reason there are so many hyphenated domain names around is because there is a shortage of names AND they do tend to rank pretty well in Yahoo and Live. For $5 - $10 per domain it's a cheap investment.

squadron, Feb 7, 2009 IP