1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How indepth an Analysis on your traffic do you do ?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by mmg1865, Sep 3, 2012.

How much of an Analysis of you traffic do you do folks ?

I've just done a review of the traffic for the first month of my site, and was wondering how indepth do you go ?

What type of actions do you take on the back of your findings ?

Be really interested to know your thoughts and techniques.

mmg1865, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  2. dreamee

dreamee Active Member

Best Answers:
    dreamee, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  3. TheCreator

TheCreator Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have checked your traffic and the result is low traffic to your site, then it could be due to :1. Your website is not competitive in "keyword" you use for your website, so you can not get traffic from search result of users2. Absolutely your website is not well known, so you can : - join relevant forums - be active in social networking - submit article to directories like ezine, Amazines, etcAnother way is you can buy traffic but it is not longer solution.

TheCreator, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  4. sunsky

sunsky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for traffic analysis you need to find the data like traffic from different sources like organic, referral and direct . keywords through which you got more traffic and which keywords not performed well from previous or last month data, geographically analysis of traffic.

sunsky, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  5. Saskia Bader

Saskia Bader Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not really going indepth with my traffic analytics. Here is what I do:
    - I look at the overall daily visitors stats
    - I find the most popular pages of my site (very useful because it shows me what my visitors want to read more about)
    - I compare months and longer time intervals to find long-term traffic development trends
    - and I look at the places my visitors are coming from (this one is more for fun, it's interesting to see).

I am not really deeply analyzing individial pages or something like this. Interesting topic.

Saskia Bader, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  6. zingzing

zingzing Peon

Best Answers:
    The most useful insights I got is analyzing bounce rates (and conversions) for category pages. It can quickly reveal systemic problems and usually they can be solved fairly easily. Also tracking conversion on the keyword level for both ppc and organic search and then using that information for increasing the performance for both channels.

zingzing, Oct 6, 2012 IP