1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How important is the disk space in a web hosting plan?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by RicePatrick, Dec 20, 2018.

Hi! I’m looking to build and host my website so I’ve been searching for a good web hosting plan online. Saw several options on this website hosting company and I noticed that there’s a huge difference in the amount of disk space in their hosting plans. Can someone here please explain the importance of disk space? Also, is it ideal to get a hosting plan with unlimited disk space? I’m still new to these things, so a little explanation would help. Thanks!

RicePatrick, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  2. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disc space is "storage" and all the data is hosted on the storage space provided by the web hosting provider. It better be Solid State Drive storage for any applications and website that require fast performance and SATA for any static or backup storage accounts.

HostColor, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  3. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    First off there is no really unlimited hosting plans. This is an advertising gig. If you read the TOS you will see they have a limit on what you can really use.

Second most websites now days take up less than 2 GB of space. So really any amount of space over that is a bonus.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In web hosting, disk space is the amount of server space available for storing the file/contents of your site. This content includes images, pages, videos, databases, files. It is important to figure out approximate amount of disk space you'll need to host so that you don't run out of space while hosting your website on the server.

MilesWeb, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  5. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most providers offer full line options in regards to disk space ask the provider what they allow and do not allow to be stored on an account as well as limits on services and any additional costs

dts-net, Feb 22, 2019 IP