1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How important is live links for an article submission site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HeadBuilder, Oct 15, 2005.

I've started an article submission section on my site hoping to attract authors to distribute content to our community of more than 9000 webmasters.
    However, our article system is to a certain extent limited by VBulletin, although this forum software is already doing a great job of managing articles and members.
    The limitation is that all links posted in the article turn out as plain text when copied, hence the authors will have to use something like "Go to http://www.site.com" instead of "Go to free articles and content".

So, how important is a live link for article submission system to attract authors to publish their works?

Also, I have thought of an alternative/hack to enable a "copy entire HTML and paste" feature through VBulletin, but I'd appreciate some ideas on how else this 'live linking' can be achieved. Thanks!

HeadBuilder, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its the most important feature. live links is #1 on my list for posting an article on a site. if I get to choose the anchor text, I'm 100 times more likely to post an article there.

first off, no one clicks on links that are urls, they are much more likely to click a link that is a word.

lorien1973, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  3. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would not bother submitting to a place that did not have live links. Additionally, I am somewhat hesitant to post to a place that does not allow keyword text and instead uses the URL for text.

Unless you are the equivalent of the NY Times in popularity, I need live links with keyword text.

marketjunction, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hell, even Ny times gives out anchor text links. I have an awesome natural anchor text link on nytimes. pr 6 page too ;) Noticed it in my BL's on yahoo one day.

lorien1973, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, there is no reason not to have live links.

marketjunction, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  6. daver88

daver88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Live links is the one criteria that a site must have for me to post articles. I've posted on other sites, but I get nowhere near the traffic I get from a site that allows live links.

daver88, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  7. HeadBuilder

HeadBuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    HeadBuilder, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  8. brandondrury

brandondrury Peon

Best Answers:
    How is your article management hack going?

Brandon

brandondrury, Oct 21, 2005 IP