1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How important is a logo on a business website?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by KameronGoodall, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I just had my website created recently, and a close friend also told me to create a logo for my online business too. She even suggested this professional business logo design expert whom I can hire to do the works. So I just want to know, how crucial is a logo to an online business owner like me?

KameronGoodall, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How crucial is branding?
    Seriously?

Yes, you need a logo.
    Yes, you will need to talk to a few different designers before you decide which can best create a logo that fits your business plan. Never, ever go with the one your friends try to push you towards. If you like the branding on their service/product/site then ask for recommendations but talk to more than one.
    You have got a written business plan, right?

sarahk, Apr 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Logo is like your online face. That is what people remember the most about your website other than the domain name itself.
    What is the one thing you remember about Microsoft the most?
    Its their "window" logo, isn't it?
    Anytime you hear the word "Microsoft", that window logo flashes in the mind, isn't it?

You can use a stylish text of your domain name as your logo.
    This is what Yahoo and Google did, even "FB" (facebook)

If you are new business, and do not have too much brand recognition (online or offline), then you don't have to spend too much for a logo designer right now.
    Something neat and imaginative can do.
    However, if you do have brand recognition, then you must hire someone good to get a high quality logo done.

You can get some good designers in this forum itself, in the "logo contest" forum.
    Anything between 50$ to 100$ can get you a very nice logo.

JEET, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I tend to disagree, you don't have to have a logo. Brand identity and a logo are not one and the same. A nice, recognizable font with a good color scheme can be much more powerful than some silly mascot or emblem.

qwikad.com, Apr 14, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I partly agree with you - Brand identity and logo are not the same thing.
    But then a logo is not necessarily a mascot or emblem. Even a simple and carefully selected text which presents your Brand thought can be a logo. Example: Google & Calvin Klein to name a few.

@KameronGoodall
    I think you should read this - http://www.pratikbagaria.com/treat-your-website-like-you-treat-your-house/

pratik, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its important but not so much .Important its to deliver the best value as you can ,if you do this people will remember about you all the time

Spartan14, Apr 14, 2020 IP
    JEET and pratik like this.
  7. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you’re looking for a logo check out the contest page and create your own. Some really good work is done here at reasonable rates.

superrichguy, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  8. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Symbols are a succinct and efficient way of communicating information about your business. A logo is an important part of your company's brand, and makes a significant impact on a company's public perception. In fact, a logo is one of the most important branding investments a business can make.

LewisH95, May 4, 2020 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.