1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How important do you think pictures are to bloging?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Soulwatcher, May 29, 2014.

1. shemseddine

shemseddine Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are import. Before I never used pictures on my blog posts which made them plain and pretty hard to grab interest if they're long. Now I have atleast the featured post image

shemseddine, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  2. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, saying that the average person hates reading.......... maybe in the past, LOL. Anyway, depending the niche, a tech guy will love to read tech stuff, as example. Personally, I prefer to read, so I can choose what I really want just jumping between the paragraphs.

3. muali

muali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well its good to have pictures in blogs but remember not to post too much pictures on a post that it seems like a gallery. It may slow down the speed of your blog hence creating problems for users and crawlers.

muali, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  4. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While photos and videos are way too important to dismiss, a digital camera is definitely not needed. Most phones nowadays take good enough pictures in high quality that you can use on your blog.

giorgioarmani, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  5. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think pictures are very important to blogging because they help tell the general message of the blog. Also, they help to ease the reading of the post as well because reading nothing but words can be a challenge for some. Having pictures that make sense adds to the post.

Andrew M. Warner, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Picttures tells a thousand words. so, you can use it on your blog post. But remember don't overcrowded your post with images as it creates distraction for your readers. one or two images is enough.

iwebsocial, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  7. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends on what you're blogging about. If you're just blogging about say, cats, and not your life with owning cats--then you don't need your own original images IMO. They just have to be legal to use on your site. You can buy them on stock photo sites or attribute their source for free. Or go on wiki commons for free images. If you are blogging about owning your own cats, maybe learn to take good pics with a camera. But it doesn't have to have a huge price take on it to tage legit pics.

01123581321345589144, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  8. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pictures is very important, as visual aids help your reader understand what the content of your blog is. otherwise it will be boring and low traffic.

chinesegirl07, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  9. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is so important.
    Because Pictures directly spark on viewers mind that which content is placed in blog.

yagnik, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  10. Vahid

Vahid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Picture are very important for the blogs. They can keep the reader on your blog for a longer time. It makes your blog and its posts more beautiful and attractive.

Your camera is good for this purposes. You don't have to buy another one.

Vahid, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  11. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    From a purely SEO perspective I do not think they are that important just as pictures. If you add ALT attributes, then they have SEO power. Outside of SEO and in the realm of end-user experience, you will still want high quality content, but a picture is a good way to draw the attention and to leave a lasting impression so they can be very helpful.

supernal, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  12. alinasandor

alinasandor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pictures are very important. They grab the reader's attention, allow you to share your content on Pinterest and other visually aimed social media, and makes your content more attractive to search engines, if used right. It's great that you upgraded, but the content of your photos means more than your camera. Make sure your photos are clear, have bright or contrasting colors and are focused on one or two subjects.

alinasandor, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  13. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pictures are really important as it's a good traffic source too. Threre are several sites that provides free imaging for the blogging.
    Refer,
    100+ Free Image Sites for Bloggers and Designers at
    http://www.technochilly.com/2014/07/100-free-image-sites-for-bloggers-and-designers/

Manoj_Online, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  14. Cindy Buccieri

Cindy Buccieri Peon

Best Answers:
    Pictures and videos are extremely important to really driving the message of your blog post home. A carefully chosen pictures, infographic or video can help the reader to more fully understand what you're trying to convey in your blog. Also having an interesting picture may grab the reader's attention as opposed to having text alone. Good luck!

Cindy Buccieri, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  15. Romy Lakip

Romy Lakip Peon

Best Answers:
    Pictures are crucial in making a good blog. Obviously the higher quality (resolution) the photographs you take, the better, but your phone should be perfectly fine. In fact with all the great editing apps and other software, you can make pictures taken from your phone looks professional. One editing app I recommend is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vsco-cam/id588013838?mt=8

Romy Lakip, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  16. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend at least 1 picture per post. For some articles you can create video tutorials

nameless7, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  17. lofuji

lofuji Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The consensus on this thread seems to be that you need pics to complement a blog post. I disagree. It depends entirely on the subject matter of the post. As a former book editor, I write quite a lot about language and how we use it, and in such cases any illustrations would be a tedious distraction. I also write about parts of Hong Kong that even the locals don't know about, and in this case photos are vital. Some of my cycling posts have 10-12 photos each.

However, I don't think you need a fancy camera. Until recently, I was using a 10-year-old digital camera for my blog photos, and any shortcomings in quality are not even remotely noticeable.

lofuji, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  18. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    Pictures can also help you set the tone and assist in telling the story. A lot of blog designs show a featured image, a title and maybe a snippit of content on the front page (magazine style). The right picture can really draw a reader in and entice them to click for more information.

ITeachBlogging, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  19. lennyville

lennyville Member

Best Answers:
    I think photos are more important in the sense that what the words cannot explain, it will be explained by the photos, and more so pictures make your blog look attractive and attractive to readers in the sense that it makes the blog look full of life and not boring.

lennyville, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  20. Tywest01

Tywest01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And they can boost your search rankings, as well! Don't just keep you feature photo name 1234.jpg, rename it something similar to your blog post, and don't forget to add ALT tag information.

Tywest01, Mar 24, 2015 IP