1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Will Make $100/day with my Web 2.0 Blog: My Case Study

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ascendancy, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ezygamelink

ezygamelink Peon

Best Answers:
    My goal is 100$/day but now i still got 5-10$/day ^_^

ezygamelink, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  2. Fire_Bird

Fire_Bird Peon

Best Answers:
    all best with your earning.

Fire_Bird, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  3. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Latest Post - Interview with Chris Spooner!
    So it has been a while since my last update, I apologize for this as it's completely my fault for lack of info! Anyways, I've got some great news and some new tactics to share, so getting right to business my latest news is I just posted up a new interview today. I got a great interview with Chris Spooner: popular freelance web designer, runs blog.spoongraphics and also Line25 web design blog.

He answered a few really interesting and cool questions on Inside the Webb, so I want to thank him! I've gotten a few Diggs, Stumbles, ReTweets, etc on the article already so we'll see how fast it'll build up some traffic! Along with that, I've also started working on a few Twitter profiles - and I plan to market a lot with Twitter!

Twitter is highly overlooked as a social networking platform, and there's a lot of traffic to manipulate and gain just by using Twitter! I will be experimenting with this platform over the next couple of posts, so I'll have some good results to share with you guys of how I can build my blog with Twitter traffic!

So until next time guys, be on the lookout for my next update

Ascendancy, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  4. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    How is your goal coming along? Are you close to $100/day yet?

Is it steady?

dbbrock1, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  5. Akshartech

Akshartech Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Luck analytics is proving your hard work stats... enjoy

Akshartech, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  6. famtaro

famtaro Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your detail share brader
    but can u provide tho themes for us ?

hope u can get more earning :)

famtaro, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  7. Dancingbulbs22

Dancingbulbs22 Peon

Best Answers:
    i`ve read all the post in your threads. and ofcourse, i am waiting your goal will be achieved. anyway is this blog, the only your blog that you set a goal for 100$ a day ?? or all of your blog ??
    keep up your good work dude.

Dancingbulbs22, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  8. Raw12

Raw12 Peon

Best Answers:
    i woulpdatingd love to know how it is done.....i will like to closely follow ur progress so keep u

Raw12, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  9. ulkurupted

ulkurupted Peon

Best Answers:
    will be following this as well it all looks very good

ulkurupted, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  10. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    But the question is, is the traffic converting for you at all? Are you doing anything with the traffic?

Traffic by itself is worthless if you aren't doing something with it...

dbbrock1, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  11. alwa3d-walid

alwa3d-walid Guest

Best Answers:
    Focused on building links and to exchange links with other sites and interest Balseo and you will find good results
    Good luck

alwa3d-walid, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  12. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As of right now the traffic isn't important in regards to the type or quality, just trying to get the brand name "Inside the Webb" out there and seen by the eyes of those interested in social media and SEO. I've been slowly but surely increasing my RSS Readers, more posts, more content, etc... I've got tons and tons of posts ready to line up, so all I need to do is continually market the site and gain more and more readers, visitors...

Ascendancy, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  13. TerryGl

TerryGl Peon

Best Answers:
    I see you have an advertise here banner on your rhs column. Have you come up with an idea on how much you would charge the advertiser for this space? Page rank 3 and low Alexa seems quite good and quite attractive for an advertiser.

TerryGl, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  14. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Things on Inside the Webb? So far, So Good!
    So it's been an exciting couple of days since my last update, and I want to say everything is right on track! :)

I am gaining more followers on Inside the Webb's Twitter account, I've gotten quite a few new RSS subscribers for my feed, and I'm gaining tons of views on my posts. I want to thank everyone who has checked out the blog so far and shown some love - it's difficult to work towards a goal of $100/day, but I know I can do it and I can tell I'm already on the right track!

My recent goals have been just about drawing traffic. When I had taken a break from posting to ITW for a while, I was mostly just trying to do stat building. That is to say, building up backlinks, building PageRank, and gaining better ranks at Alexa and Compete. Now content is starting to become king of the land, and I'm realizing without new and unique content I can't get anywhere!

I've got some great new posts concepts lined up, and my goal is to update every-other day. This allows for my articles to "stew", if you will, on some social networking and bookmarking sites. Plus, this gives time for my readers to take in and digest my most recent article before just throwing up some new content, and it gives me time to actually write new content.

But what about the traffic!?
    Now we all know traffic = $$$, no matter how you look at it. Targeted traffic even more so, and thus far I have been having some very good Analytics stats. I don't want to share any screens yet, it'll ruin the surprise for my next update! But I will say that recently I've been averaging around 400-500 unique daily, whereas before I started working on Inside the Webb I was getting around 100-150 a day.

I am also very glad to see my SEO has improved dramatically. I'm gaining visitors from Google every day, and they generally make up about 20-30% of my daily unique visitors, with the majority being referring sites like social networks.

All-in-all, this is about the point I expected to be this far into the game. Granted I still consider myself just starting out at blogging here, but I can see some large profits coming my way soon! Money isn't my main concern right now though, as I've learned I need to build up my traffic and followers first, I have the space for ads to be placed and it's all ready for when it needs to be, but right now I can only focus on one goal at a time - and that's some brand new content and traffic!

Thanks again for everyone following my updates here and on the blog/Twitter. I can guarantee the $100/day mark is coming soon, and I hope you'll all rejoice with me once I hit it! Anyways that's all for now, look forward to some great Analytics stats coming up in the next update, along with a few surprises I've got tucked away in my sleeves :cool:

Ascendancy, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  15. silvertoes

silvertoes Peon

Best Answers:
    silvertoes, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  16. ximplix

ximplix Active Member

Best Answers:
    how is the stat right now? It is better for you to report it per month, we'll wait for it, good luck

ximplix, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  17. your_suraj

your_suraj Peon

Best Answers:
    I only get less than 1 $ per day...........help me out here, folks. I wanna reach $100 per day. Is this even possible???

your_suraj, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  18. louiselouise

louiselouise Peon

Best Answers:
    very good plan and i like your template very much.always try to find this kind of template

louiselouise, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  19. louiselouise

louiselouise Peon

Best Answers:
    is this a wordpress template?

louiselouise, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  20. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    So all I can say is, wow! I didn't expect to see such a huge influx of traffic based on my marketing plans, but it really works! So far, here is a screenshot from my recent analytics account. As of yesterday, I have hit almost 1,000 unique visitors! This is a huge increase from what I'm used to, and I'm sure it can only continue to grow as the word gets out there about my blog.

The highest referring site is StumbleUpon, which sent me about 600 visitors alone. Along with Digg, DesignFloat, Twitter, and all of my usual sites, I racked up quite a few visits. I'm excited to see if I can put these theories to work in the future for more of my posts, what other success I can start to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ascendancy, Jan 18, 2010 IP