1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Will Make $100/day with my Web 2.0 Blog: My Case Study

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ascendancy, Dec 30, 2009.

1. corrykid

corrykid Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see the update on this.
    Keep up the good work!

corrykid, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  2. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the love man, I'm hoping to have some great success very soon :)

Ascendancy, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  3. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice stats, and good job in having such impressive alexa stats: 161,212 ( thats a decent rank .
    Btw Buddy on the lighter note , you are a smart guy by even telling about your goal u seem to get more visitors, am sure atleast once a person reading this thread will visit the blog lol

all the best for your future !
    cheers
    Josh

joshuthomas, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  4. fishfinder

fishfinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    This definitely looks like an interesting thread to follow! I'm gonna keep watching anyways.

One question though.....any particular reason you aren't using anything like adsense on the site?

Instant income buddy!

dave

fishfinder, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  5. Anneke

Anneke Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing I always wonder about is content. It seems to me, you have to be a good writer and have clever topic ideas to boost interest. I've always found that to be more important than all the keyword/seo/analytic tweaking in the world. So, what are your ideas for blog topics? Are you studying technology trends, etc?

Anneke, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  6. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not using AdSense because I can't get an account. I had one 2 years ago, but it was banned for invalid clicks or something along those lines. I'm not really missing it, I'm using Microsoft's PubCenter and still earning a decent PPC rate, but for Inside the Webb I'm going for a different strategy for monetizing the website... AdSense is just too simplistic right now

Ascendancy, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  7. stupidcamel

stupidcamel Member

Best Answers:
    Wow,
    Most of the time when people say they are making a lot of money with their site, I'll keep my doubt.
    SEO is not that simple.
    Unless you are selling some hot products and you are really marketing your sites well, well enough to beat eBay and branded online shops, it is definitely bluffing. And Believe me, to be that good, god, is definitely much much much harder than most webmaster indicated in their promotional articles or advertisement.
    If you are not selling things but only earning cash via things like Google ads or PPC, you must have attract a great number of traffic, which is more than 100,000 unique visitors per day, as usually 1% visitors will click on ads on a site and bring you income. And maintaining such traffic to a site is even harder.
    So, man, if you are really earning as you said in the thread, wow, you really nail the SEO business. Congratulations!!!

stupidcamel, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  8. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you get a chance to read the thread? His goal is to make $100/day, he is currently making $0....you should hold off on the congratulation for now.

On another note, I will be following this thread for curiosity. I am true believer that if you set your goals and work hard at it, you will be able to achieve it, no matter what the goal is, as long as it is realistic, and this goal is realistic.

Good luck sir

FreeCashTube, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  9. vivideye.ca

vivideye.ca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting case study. Bookmarked. Please keep us posted with updates. It's encouraging for beginners to see how things are done.

vivideye.ca, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  10. vaibhavd

vaibhavd Peon

Best Answers:
    wow...i m thinking ,,. i also start a blog ...start all the seo stuff, new articles..and giv u competition..hehe...

vaibhavd, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  11. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    So just a quick update, I've got my analytics from yesterday and they're decent (graph below). This traffic spike is to my newest post, didn't get around that popular but got some decent traffic from social bookmaking and media websites.

[​IMG]

Anyways I don't have a ton of time to share all of the statistics right now, but I will rank my top 5 referring sites of just yesterday, with my newest blog post:

1. DZone
    2. DesignFloat
    3. Digital Point Forums
    4. Stumbleupon
    5. Sphinn

Notice how Twitter isn't on here, Digg isn't on here... none of the traditional social media sites are in my top 5. This was done on purpose, but mostly because I need to build up my blogs reputation from the ground up again as I haven't made a new post for a long time.

I have plenty of new content to post, so keep following and I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for some new traffic.

Ascendancy, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  12. fujimoto

fujimoto Member

Best Answers:
    I visited your blog. I stopped reading as soon as I noticed your posts are like a month apart in most cases. You should consider new and updated content before thinking about how to spread the word. What good is a blog that doesn't update its content?

fujimoto, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  13. Malcolmx

Malcolmx Peon

Best Answers:
    nice good luck

Malcolmx, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  14. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is my goal after the recent update I've done. I have noticed that I didn't have enough time for posting on the blog, so it dropped in my priority list. However I've realized that my blog is a $100/day idea, so I'm going to put all of my effort into building up Inside the Webb and posting on it more

15. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your getting very little organic traffic from SE. Looks like your hard work is going to pay off because you are getting lots of traffic from social sites, nice.

Lex350, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  16. ganpat

ganpat Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck. I am definitely following this with optimistic curiosity.

Are you using article marketing for driving traffic?

ganpat, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  17. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    some decent progression. I'll be following this thread ever now and then!

mezner, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  18. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Latest Update: Post #2 and Rocking
    I've just posted my 2nd unique post to Inside the Webb. It's a review of a new Digg-styled social news site called Thuhm, and it's gotten a decent amount of promotion and traffic already.

I have sent the link around to a few of my favorite social news sites - BlogEngage, Blogger Den, etc... And I have also Retweeted and sent the site to Digg.

I'm already up to about 9 or 10 diggs at the time of this post, so I'm really hoping my article can get enough diggs and hit the front page. That would send a surge of traffic to my blog, and that would be more than enough traffic to get a good flow going on my blog :)

Anyways here's the post, I'll be following it all night to watch results and hopefully see it go popular on Digg!

http://www.insidethewebb.com/2010/01/new-digg-themed-social-news-media-website-thuhm/

19. devesh92

devesh92 Guest

Best Answers:
    nice...man...~~~~`

devesh92, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  20. corrykid

corrykid Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree a good blog should be updated once a day or at least bi-daily.

corrykid, Jan 9, 2010 IP