1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Will Make $100/day with my Web 2.0 Blog: My Case Study

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ascendancy, Dec 30, 2009.

Please Follow me as I turn one of my Web 2.0 Blogs into a $100/day Profit!
    So I had a great idea just the other day. I have just recently designed a popular web 2.0 blog I have, I'm starting to gain new posts for it and I'm realizing that I could honestly be making $100 a DAY with this blog. So, I'm going to turn this into a case study, and I want everyone from DP to follow along with me!

I want to teach you guys how I do this, how quickly my blog builds, and just keep a journal of my entries for everyone on DP to examine and enjoy. Here is my blog's newest re-design, and the URL below it. I'll have further posts to come soon, and I'll explain a bit more about my new case study!

Ascendancy, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  2. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish you success. This is about $35,000/year. I think it is a realistic expectation. I Look forward to seeing your progress.

cmorley, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  3. razeen72

razeen72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    any wna tell me how to do this?

razeen72, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  4. vegas k

vegas k Guest

Best Answers:
    i would love to know how this is done. i am not having any luck marketing anything on the net.

vegas k, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  5. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Stats so far
    I've only had my blog Inside the Webb for about a year now. It's done very well on search engines and social networking sites, and I've hit the Digg front page twice now. I have to say that it's a relatively popular blog, but yet it isn't making me any money yet.

I know what I am missing is traffic and more marketing, so I am going to bring my blog from $0 to $100/day in no time! I plan on sharing all of my results here on DigitalPoint as well, so you can follow along.

So What's New?
    Recently I have updated my blog to a brand new, sleek, web 2.0 feel. It features much more space for my posts, more social bookmarking aspects, and allows a better user experience all-around. This was my first step in drawing more traffic.

Second, I needed to come up with a plan for monetizing. I have chosen that I will sell banner space on my blog, 125x125 ads are the only slot right now but I will open more as demand increases.

This seems to be a steady way to calculate my income, and the more popular my blog gets the faster it will grow. I have calculated that for my income to reach about $100/day, I will need to be gaining at least $3,000 USD monthly. This is definitely a possible goal to achieve, as with banner advertising I can increase my own rates as the blog becomes popular.

And Now for some Numbers
    Below are some images from my analytics. I'm sharing with you guys pretty much everything: my top referring websites, how much traffic I'm gaining daily, popular keywords I'm gaining... and much more!

So check out these analytic stats, These are my graphics and numbers at the beginning of my project. We'll be seeing these skyrocket within the coming months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did gain a very large jump in traffic yesterday, mostly from a few social networking sites and Twitter. I updated my blog with a new post and you can see I went from averaging around 25-35 visitors a day and shot up to 200 with just one post.

Anyways this is just some information for you guys to sink your teeth into for now. I'll have more ideas and posts coming in this case study, but for now stay tuned until the next update! :D

Ascendancy, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  6. meaghannf

meaghannf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Admirable goals and good luck with everything - it certainly won't be easy but I'm sure if you're successful people here will appreciate seeing the steps you took.

I'm sure you've got a lot of plans in place for driving revenue but just looking at your numbers and charts above, if I were you I'd spend some time thinking about your bounce rate. If you're planning to drive any revenue from your site, you really need to get your bounce rate down - at the moment, about 3 out of every 4 people who visit your site are leaving it immediately, not something that bodes well for getting readers to click through to affiliate links, product pages, reviews or any other monitization-type pages. It's interesting that as your traffic spiked your bounce rate went down slightly. Think about what marketing methods you used on days when your bounce rate was lower; think about what articles were on the homepage and which ones got the most clicks. If you start doing a better job getting people who are already interested in your info to come to your site (more effective marketing) and provide more engaging information (better content) then you will find the process of monitization much more manageable.

To think of it another way, right now, you basically need to get four people to the site for even one to get into your buying funnel. That's a lot of effort on marketing for not much return. If you can get your bounce rate down, you'll need to get fewer people to your site to start profiting from more of the visitors you're receiving.

As I said, best of luck and hope you find this a useful comment.

meaghannf, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  7. paulj93

paulj93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a high bounce rate isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Hypothetically if every visitor was clicking on your buy button
    after landing at your site, you could effectively have a 100% bounce rate with 100% conversion rate. I do very well with adsense with a high bounce rate.

paulj93, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  8. Klutze

Klutze Peon

Best Answers:
    I love reading these posts, you always seem to learn something new and it's great motivation to see someone succeed.

Looking forward to your results.

Klutze, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  9. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update for Dec. 31, 2009
    So it's only been 1 day since I've started my journey, and I can't really complain with my progress. Although I'm not making any more money daily, I did get a lot of new ideas for post content and I'm writing some drafts as we speak. Along with this, my traffic has gotten a slight boost and I'm working towards a few new marketing schemes like AdWords and Facebook Ads.

I also did a big of blog commenting to gain backlinks and PR juice, I'm shooting for next PR update to have a PR4 or PR5 (right now PR3) and would like my Alexa to continually grow as I gain more traffic.

Anyways enough of me rambling, I have some screenshots from my Analytics results as of yesterday Dec 30, 2009. I gained a little bit of traffic to my post, got a few new comments and gained a few Re-Tweets. I don't expect much traffic over the next couple of days because of New Years, I don't have any new posts, etc... but I am looking forward to adding new posts to my blog and promoting them around the web!

My Traffic Stats
    Without further ado, here are my stats for the day! Granted I didn't gain as many new visitors as I wanted, it's still a big leap compared to what I was gaining before I updated my design and starting promoting my blog.

My Traffic Graph
    [​IMG]

Unique Visits/Pageviews
    [​IMG]

Referring sites and page content
    [​IMG]

Overall Entry paths and Keywords
    [​IMG]

Ascendancy, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  10. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    These kind of threads never end with the goal being met.

But good luck to you...

DubDubDubDot, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  11. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kind of a negative attitude but sure. I am actually trying to get to my goal, and it's not an impossible goal. $100/day would be the equivalent of about $3000/mo. $3000/mo won't be an easy goal, but it's absolutely not impossible. I will continue to market my blog and work on getting new post content, and I'm sure I'll be making money in no time at all

12. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    haha... well, sometimes DP could use some negativity to offset the ridiculous levels of optimism around here.

DubDubDubDot, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  13. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was that a sarcastic comment?

Optimism is never really bad, foolish optimism can be bad but optimism itself can only help you :)

toycat, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  14. tjbumi

tjbumi Peon

Best Answers:
    I am waiting for your progress dude. Just update your case study here for a newbie to follow.

tjbumi, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  15. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely, glad to see I have at least a few followers so far! I will be posting new content onto the blog shortly, so there will be some great results to share very soon!

16. GetALink

GetALink Guest

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your blog. I'll be following. :)

$36,500 :)

GetALink, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  17. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually I would have expected a little more info on the case study dude...

What niche are you targeting? What are the search volumes? What is your competition? How are you going to rank on the first page? How long will it take you to get on the first page? What is the best way to monetise in this niche? Have you built a 100$ a day blog before? ... and so on...:D To note: it is is quite rare to name the site in question when you are carrying out a case study as this can skew the results. Anyway, good luck with it, hope it goes well!:D

Ryan6, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  18. TerryGl

TerryGl Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 2 questions:
    1. I do not see any Adsense units or any buy advertisement. How are you going to earn the $100.00 per day?
    2. I see your sig has My DoFollow Web 2.0 Blog. Is this an invitation to leave a comment on your pr3 site?

Otherwise, good luck. I am impressed with the rise in traffic with your marketing efforts. They obviously work and would like to hear more on that aspect. Thanks.

TerryGl, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  19. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just a tip for you, NEVER EVER focus on PR.

Focus on ranking as PR is well just a number as some would say.

Keep building links. Goodluck!

cowsgonemadd3, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  20. corrykid

corrykid Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, I'll be following this for sure. Good luck with your goal!

corrykid, Jan 1, 2010 IP