1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Tripled my Adsense CTR in One Hour

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MikeBuyco, Mar 4, 2011.

1. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    The links that look like navigation links are frowned upon by Google team...

blogaboutnothin, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. Owni

Owni Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the info. I like to use a totally different approach sometimes. I know for a fact that people are getting tired of the whole "merge your google ads with menu items" thing. On several sites i use a completely RED with White text blocks, against a white background, you'll be suprised what some aggresive ads can do sometimes :).

Owni, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. smeare

smeare Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info MikeBuyco, but i am curious too about the placement under the title.

smeare, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  4. MikeBuyco

MikeBuyco Member

Best Answers:
    What about it? How to put ads under the title?

MikeBuyco, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  5. 32paul52

32paul52 Peon

Best Answers:
    A good them to work with this concept is the socrates theme (for wordpress) - inserts ads directly in the right places

32paul52, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  6. bman227

bman227 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried some of the techniques that you suggested and I'll post about what kind of improvements it made to my ctr.

bman227, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  7. Rinz

Rinz Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing. just what I've been looking for

Rinz, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  8. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    This is a really nice writeup for everyone. I really am delighted to see some good post.

gtk29, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  9. TheMarketeer

TheMarketeer Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had little luck with image ads, but the text ads have worked out well for me.

TheMarketeer, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  10. MikeBuyco

MikeBuyco Member

Best Answers:
    Socrates is a great theme made by Joel Comm. I had some great ctr also but the highest is from the experiments with ad placements.

Be sure to keep us updated and post your results here. :)

Glad I could help.

Thanks.

Yeah me too. I don't have much luck with image ads. It still can be used like above the header. It depends on the niche.

MikeBuyco, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  11. Johny Inside

Johny Inside Peon

Best Answers:
    Deep points you have stated. These should be noted by everyone who want to earn a serious earning from adsense

Johny Inside, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  12. cheapinmadrid

cheapinmadrid Peon

Best Answers:
    Mike,thanks sooo much,it all makes sense now I just have to make sure that I can put Adsense in my wordpress posts and blog directly like you advice.Thanks and grat post!

cheapinmadrid, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  13. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard multiple stories of people getting banned by doing this.
    Google AdSense hates people who tries to get clicks on their ads by tricking the visitor
    in to thinking that the ads belongs to your website.

I would advise you to change this ad layout for your own sake.

Wulkanen, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  14. bman227

bman227 Peon

Best Answers:
    So all I did was place a 336 x 280 ad in the hot zone (that was on the chart) right above my main content and an hour later I had 2 more clicks for the day which is big considering the low amount of traffic I get. My site is relatively new and I'm just starting to get some traffic (about 150 per day). I've never had more than 4 clicks in a day and this morning when I logged into my adsense account, I had 6 Clicks! That's two days in a row with 6 clicks (nearly 6% ctr) which is more than I've ever had in a day! I would include a link to my site so people can see the ad placement above my main content but I don't know if it's allowed? Would anyone like to see/is it allowed to do that on digital point forums? Anyway thanks for these tips. They have given me instant improvements!

bman227, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  15. MikeBuyco

MikeBuyco Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen a lot of sites done this and for many months later. Their ads are still there. This is not tricking people to click your ad. When a person clicks one of the adlink it is an expression of interest. They clicked because they wanted to know more. Did you try doing this yourself?

That is awesome man. Keep up the good work. I'm glad your taking action from this info. Thanks for posting your results.

MikeBuyco, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  16. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have tried it myself once when I was just starting out and I got plenty of people warning me as well (luckily).
    The Google AdSense team frowns up on using this method.

"You can understand that increasing the possibility of accidental clicks on your sites is not in the best interest of users or advertisers, and we wanted to make you aware of this risk. This is why we ask that you maintain sufficient distance between your ads and any elements of your page on which users may often click. "

"While this type of ad placement may not inherently violate our program policies, it could increase the risk of invalid clicks being generated on the ads, which would be in violation of our policies."
    http://adsense.blogspot.com/2007/05/clarification-on-accidental-clicks.html

In the end it's all up to you, but as I said, I have seen guys getting banned for it and all I can
    do is to warn you about it. Create some space between the ads and the navigation links.
    Not only will it help you get a easier to navigate website, but it will also keep you away from AdSense pronbems.

Just because a lot of people does it doesn't make it right. Same goes for autoblogs etc.

Wulkanen, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  17. MikeBuyco

MikeBuyco Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for making that clear and giving advice. Your input is highly appreciated. As for those reading this, I cannot edit my first post so I would like to say that follow Wulkanen's advice just to safe. The rest of the info be sure to put into action. :)

MikeBuyco, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  18. retsek

retsek Peon

Best Answers:
    Go have a look at eHow's adsense ads on their pages.
    they are premium publisher and you can barely tell the ads apart from content.

The ad block they use under the content is a great example. I do something similar and the CTR is huge.

retsek, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  19. MikeBuyco

MikeBuyco Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please share the link to the eHow's adsense ads it would be beneficial to everyone here. :)

MikeBuyco, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  20. whichwayto

whichwayto Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips - thanks for sharing!

whichwayto, Jun 21, 2011 IP