1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how i sued google and i won

Discussion in 'Google' started by shadow_of__soul, Mar 7, 2009.

Hi,

only i want to share this link with the history i hope you find it useful :D

Regards,
    Shadow.

shadow_of__soul, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  3. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Sorry bro this is old news to most already :eek:

Go to the adsence section and you will see 2 similar threads about same topic.

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  4. Jackie_W

Jackie_W Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all i get is "This URL deleted!"

Jackie_W, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  5. shadow_of__soul

shadow_of__soul Member

Best Answers:
    haha 3 thread about the same :p

sorry to all, please mod close and delete the thread :D

Regards,
    Shadow.

shadow_of__soul, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  6. wp-themes

wp-themes Banned

Best Answers:
    Forget about the duplicate post (3) !!! but the website URL is deleted dude ;)

wp-themes, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  7. rainborick

rainborick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This topic is more appropriate for the AdSense forum, but I thought the issue that the man who sued Google was talking about was important. He was kicked out of AdSense, but ran into brick walls trying to get Google to give him any information about the details of the violation they found. He may not have phrased his questions well, because he kept getting responses that are typical of what Google tells webmasters who want to know why their website was penalized or simply not ranking well. He even tried the AdSense section of the Webmaster Help Forum and couldn't get the attention of any employees who might have been able to at least send him in the right direction. There are many situations where Google should provide direct help and instead just rely on their Terms of Service to avoid any responsibility for support.

Unfortunately, his post title makes it look like he's struck a blow for justice while, in fact, all he did was exploit Google's bureaucracy. It was a small claims court case for about $750.00 and Google sent a paralegal equipped with a copy of their Terms of Service and little else. Google, as the saying goes, spills more than $750.00 every day. And since small claims cases aren't going to set any binding precedents on a vital issue, so they didn't put much effort into defending themselves beyond having someone show up for the trial. If they'd offered any details about their reasons, I think Google might well have won the case. That's not to say I think Google was right, its just that they could have been legally justified in their actions. Terms of Service like Google's that essentially say "we can do whatever we want" are usually still tested against their reasonableness. So if Google had offered any specific justification for their actions (which was the primary motivation for the man who sued - he mostly wanted to know why they canceled his account!), the judge could have said the Terms of Service were reasonably enforced in this case.

rainborick, Mar 7, 2009 IP