1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how I should submit my website to different directories ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sara malik, Dec 31, 2014.

I have a eCommerce website which have many digital prodcuts and I am using different keywords for different products

For example :

Keyword One For www.example.com/productOne
    Keyword Two For www.example.com/productTwo

Now Keyword One is ranking on Page 5 of Google and I want it to bring it to First page.

Should I submit my website to different Directories using Keyword One and URL www.example.com/productOne .... OR I should use URL of Home page ?

and is it good to submit Different URLs of One website with different Keywords to one Directory ?

sara malik, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  2. Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1-You must search relevant directories of specific region, which your website belongs. For example; my website link is http://www.mobitsolutions.com and we are providing services in USA. I should prefer to submit my website in specific USA directories.
    2- http://www.yelp.com/ is best Business directory, you can submit in which.

Sarah Taylor, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  3. Jason Lavis

Jason Lavis Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is right. In SEO circles there is a saying that "relevance is the new page rank" It seems that one niche relevant backlink is more powerful than ten random ones. (Other factors remaining equal).

Not to mention the commonsense, user-friendly fact of people searching your product or service are more likely to find a forum search engine result for you where there is relevancy.

If you have an online flower shop and you submit to 2 directories, one is called "webdirectoryhypermarket.com" and one is called "localflowershoplocator.com" it is obvious which is likely to lead to more customers coming to you. Your link on the flower shop specific directory will have high SEO value as your keywords will appear all over the site.

Jason Lavis, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using only directory submissions all day long seven days a week I would say its a waste of time it can't bring your site in page 1 results because this kind of method was abused by using low quality site and listed as one of the link schemes by Google.

KylieSweet, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  5. Jason Lavis

Best Answers:
    Kyliesweet, you are right. If the only thing you did was to submit your site to directories you will not see success.

Just as with article commenting, guest blogging, and most other tactics, don't overdo it.

Before submitting your site to a directory ask:

- Does this directory look spammy?
    - Might a human search engine reviewer think that I have posted my site just for the back link value?
    - Can I imagine a potential client or customer finding this link and feeling motivated to click on it?

Jason Lavis, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  6. sara malik

sara malik Member

Best Answers:
    My question is that which Link I should submit to Directories ?
    http://cybermarketingservice.com/buy-facebook-accounts/buy-facebook-accounts-with-real-friends/

OR

http://cybermarketingservice.com/

sara malik, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  7. sara malik

sara malik Member

Best Answers:
    what else I should do ? Here is URL of my website, http://cybermarketingservice.com/ if you guys can give me some suggestions I will appreciate it

sara malik, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  8. Jason Lavis

Best Answers:
    Sara, here is a good resource:

http://www.strongestlinks.com/directories.php

You will find a big list of directories ordered by page rank. You will see if they are free or paid, their Alexa score and so on. Spend some time looking for niche specific directories/categories if possible. Also, don't go overboard and list on 20 at once. Good luck!

Jason Lavis, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  9. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    When you can get listings for the deep link, go for it. You'll get the best bang for your buck if you have a variety of links, rather than all of your links being to your home page. For most of us, I think the majority of our links will be to our root domain, but your position in the SERPs will be improved if some of your subpages have links as well. You need both, however.

Some directories allow you to include a certain number of deep links with your home page listing, and that's a good deal too, so look for that. Often, you'll have to pay a higher price for that but it is well worth it for the internal links.

Don't listen to nonsense about Google hating web directories. Like any other type of website, there are good ones and there are bad ones, and having links from the good ones will be good for your SEO, while having links from the bad ones won't be so good. Don't submit your site to every directory that will have it, however. Many of them really are junk, and you don't want to bother with the junky ones. It's not a pure numbers game, as some directories are right for your link while others are not. Relevancy is more important than the quantity of links that you have, so look for niche directories that complement your site's topic or for the right categories of general directories; or better yet, a nice variety of links. I've just published an article on submitting to directories that you might find helpful.

10. Jason Lavis

Best Answers:
    That is a great article Ken, I recommend that anyone who has got this far in the thread go and read it. I also concur that Google hating directories or any other type of site is wrong.

"Web Directories are dead" or "SEO is dead" are clickbait headlines, similar to "Elvis is alive".

Jason Lavis, Jan 10, 2015 IP