1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Learned Google Adwords and Became Google Certified Partner

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by puddleofmud, May 21, 2014.

I have been an old member at this forum and have learned many things here. Thought to give some thing back to the community by sharing something useful here. These are some recommendation that might help you if you are in process of learning google adwords.

1) Read and Practice Both
    You can't learn adwords solely by reading all the material related to adwords available over internet. Keep in mind that you just don't have to clear google exams but be eligible run campaigns successfully. They say in order to swim, you have to dive in the water. I am not suggesting here that you create adwords account and start making without reading anything. You have to read and practice both at the same time.

2) What's the source for reading material ?
    Sign up for Google partner program as agency and you'll be able to access all the exam study material. Google itself is the best source for reading and learning adwords

3) How to practice, I have no budget?
    Its better if you have some budget to spent on a test campaign to make the learning process smooth. But don't worry if you don't have any budget to spent in your learning process. Sign up for an adwords account and get to know the interface inside out. You would be able to create campaigns, adgroups, ads etc without entering the billing information. However, your ads won't be running at all without billing information but you'll get used to the interface.

4) Read Each Chapter and Apply it
    I would advice to break studying by chapters and make sure you apply what you read. For example if you read about how to create display campaign. After reading go into your adwords account and create a campaign accordingly. You would be able to relate what you read.

5) Don't Skip any reading material
    Don't skip any single chapter. For example a lot of time I was bored reading about setting up account, time zones, billing type, payment methods, ads terms and conditions but I made sure I read everything. Having maximum information about adwords is a must for you

6) Study & Learn from different perspective
    Try to study and learn from different perspective. For instance I was working at an ecommerce venture while learning adwords but I tried learning adwords from different perspective like how would it be if I was running a campaign for a physical store, how would I design a campaign if I was running it for branding perspective

7) Give your paper, its free now
    Google Adwords certification is free now. After learning make sure you give your exams at the earliest. You would have to clear two exams
    1) Google Adwords Fundamentals
    2) Google Adwords Search OR Google Adwords Display

Hope this would help people who are trying to learn adwords

puddleofmud, May 21, 2014 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I took the same path. And now after 6 months first results are showing.. I founded my own company, rented an office and starting to work full time AdWords and all other PPC advertising...
    To become Google Partner I need 7000$ more to spend ... I hope that is going to be soon...
    Respect puddleofmud!

Fer0, May 21, 2014 IP
  3. Mahamudul HaSAN

Mahamudul HaSAN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If first time I failed haw many days after I will attend the exam?

Mahamudul HaSAN, May 22, 2014 IP
  4. Ryan Viola

Ryan Viola Member

Best Answers: