1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got the #1 position in Yahoo.com...

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by scking, Feb 17, 2009.

Well...It took some effort, but it can be done.

The first thing you should do if you want to be #1 in Yahoo.com or Google for that matter, is go and read my free ebook which you can find at my website.

I will provide a few tidbits for you to wet your appetite. First, go to yahoo and type in the phrase "link exchange service". My site is right there in the #1 spot. That's not even #2 or #3. That's #1 Ok? I outrank many sites including linkmarket.

Now....you can also type in the phrase "link directory software" and my site is on page 1 in spot #10. This site is only 4 months old. Not bad huh?

Yahoo seems to really like the keyword phrase in the domain. Google does too, but Google also puts weight on age of site, and back links. I have peppered my page with the keyword phrase. I use it sparingly in the alt tags of a few images and in the meta and title. This is nothing new really and I have always used this technique in the past. However, my primary success here I believe was due to my careful research on the phrases. I picked one that gets a lot of traffic, I used it in the domain, and I used the phrase throughout the site, and not just the home page.

Right now, I'm looking for webmasters who want an excellent link directory tool for their site. If you're serious about improving your rankings and using my software on your site, then register your website(s). I'm looking to fill out the categories with as many quality websites as possible. My site is not a "hang your website hat" and leave site. I need your participation in locating link partners. Help build the membership.

As always, your comments are appreciated. I have made many programming changes due to user comments.

See you at the Top!

Scot King

scking, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  2. Kramboi

Kramboi Banned

Best Answers:
    I Have signed up to your site, what do I do know?

Kramboi, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  3. scking

scking Peon

Best Answers:
    The free LIFETIME upgrade is done by logging in and clicking on the lifetime membership link. If you want the software you'll need to do the self service upgrade and the setup instructions will be emailed to you instantly. It takes about 10-15 minutes to setup. Make sure your webhost allows remote access to your mysql databases. You'll need to specify our IP address in your hosts area.

Welcome aboard!

scking, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm 'link exchange service' gets about 170 monthly searches on Google. With the lower traffic of Yahoo, that is probably close to 20-30 monthly searches on Yahoo. And you are bragging that you have the #1 position on this keyword? It's not surprising that linkmarket does not directly target this phrase.

'link directory software' is a little higher at 260, but again still a very low volume keyword. And you are bragging about the #10 spot for that keyword?

If you want people to take you seriously, work at building rankings for competitive, high-volume keywords.

vansterdam, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  5. teo123

teo123 Banned

Best Answers:
    insightful. I noticed this with yahoo myself last month. Thanks!

teo123, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  6. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword phrase is no doubt valuable in search engine ranking. You can check for "sprint ringtones" in both Yahoo and Google, and see which site comes on top. (One of my signature, heheh).

mdamin76, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  7. bsreddy

bsreddy Member

Best Answers:
    If you are no one on google,you can be no1 on every other search engine

bsreddy, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  8. budz

budz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope really
    if you are not index in yahoo and microsoft
    even number in google
    you are no better than the one who are index in three of them
    IMO

budz, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  9. Nancy1234

Nancy1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    To get No. 1 ranking in yahoo you should submit your site to yahoo directory because yahoo ranking algorithm is little different then Google, yahoo gives more interest in taking its web directory as part of the ranking algorithm.

Nancy1234, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  10. tomka

tomka Peon

Best Answers:
    If you take not popular name, serch, then really you can have 1. But if you want will be first in popular you must be working and pay...

tomka, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  11. themyspacebank.com

themyspacebank.com Peon

Best Answers:
    For some reason link exchanging SERVICES has never done that much for me. Link exchanging with individuals works a lot better in my opinion.

But really I don't even do that any more. I just buy my links, post comments on blogs or lenses, create my own mini-blog farms with a tool i use, create my own lenses and hubs, bookmark, and forum posting. That combined with some good on page SEO does the trick every time for me.

themyspacebank.com, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  12. bollywoodgeeks

bollywoodgeeks Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm good stuff!!

bollywoodgeeks, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  13. lizblueberry62

lizblueberry62 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the Yahoo directory but am ranking low there. I am pretty high on Google. Don't try much anymore for Yahoo. Most traffic on the internet comes from Google anyway.

lizblueberry62, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  14. seocipl

seocipl Member

Best Answers:
    Submission in Yahoo directory for your site and also Submit Yahoo Sitemap and Yahoo local business submission so surely you get better result with yahoo.com.

seocipl, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  15. Dirky47

Dirky47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very motivating post. Thank you for giving a quite challenge for my self.

Dirky47, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  16. tradertt123456

tradertt123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will definately give it a try myself.

tradertt123456, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  17. BoomerC

BoomerC Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally, an intelligent post on the DP forums. Nice. ;)

BoomerC, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  18. mehtaamit12

mehtaamit12 Banned

Best Answers:
    i am trying to get my site no 1 for some keywords are seo services but still i am unable to get top position

mehtaamit12, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  19. offshore web development

offshore web development Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is not just a miracle that every business owners and webmaster should understand, never be frustrated, It will take time if you are competing against big giants but at you will be rewarded for your smart work with good ranking in near future.

20. Squidoodle

Squidoodle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah this is good stuff, take note.

Squidoodle, Feb 26, 2009 IP