1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got into Yahoo within 48 hours for $0!!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by AMKiller, Jan 5, 2005.

1. AMKiller

AMKiller Guest

Best Answers:
    I had some significant feedback from another forum yesterday.

To recap on what I did:

I added a RSS feed to my site, added that to my my.yahoo account and pinged Yahoo. I also started the blog, linked to the web site, added the blog's feed to my.yahoo and pinged yahoo. I thought that it was the site's RSS feed added to my.yahoo that got the web site spidered and indexed.

But read on...

This person (from the other forum) ONLY started a blog with links etc. etc. No RSS feed on the web site. Every web site page linked to in her blog was spidered and indexed by Slurp within 48 hours.

So guys, if you've got a huge web site - start a blog and link to every page on your site.

Read this case study http://www.blogandping.com/free by Rick Butts where he documents how he got a huge (12 000 page) web site spidered and indexed. (OK, the case study only mentions having +-1 500 pages spidered - but I'm sure the process is continuing)

AMKiller, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  2. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    First of all, it is not feasable for anyone to post and link to 12,000 separate pages. I went to that site you placed in your post where the guy is selling his ebook. I do believe that Yahoo will come and grab blog pages and possibly the pages that are linked in the posts (within a few days). BUT, the Google part was straight comedy. He linked to his new site with 4 links from existing sites and bought a PR6 link from some other guy. That is the reason he most likely (99.99% sure) received Gbot visits and ultimately had 79 pages indexed by G. Let's keep the BS sales posts out of this thread, eh? ;)

chachi, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  3. AMKiller

AMKiller Guest

Best Answers:
    This was not a "sales post" - I gave you the link to a free case study. There is nothing (from my point of view) that I want you to buy!

AMKiller, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  4. Swebbie

Swebbie Guest

Best Answers:
    Blogger.com is Google's baby. Gbot hits blogger pages often. If you have links on your blog there to the new pages you want Gbot to find on your site, it's a fast way to get it done. Let's keep the ignorant attack posts out of this thread, eh? :D

Swebbie, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  5. Danno

Danno Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your strategy Anne-Marie.

I have included a link to your blog here:

http://blogsforbuds.blogspot.com/

Danno, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  6. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW ya set it up fast
    look forward to the results

should i create a new blogger accouont for every site
    or do i have 2

bloodwrath, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  7. Swebbie

Swebbie Guest

Best Answers:
    Naw, no reason I can think of. I have many sites all under one blogger account. Just be sure to set up different blogs for each site if you want the home page of each to be tightly focused, with lots of keywords specific to that site. If you use just one big blog for all your sites, that's fine, but don't expect the blog homepage to rank well in the search engines. And if you want people to pick up your RSS feed and post it on their sites, you definitely want one blog per site. :)

Swebbie, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  8. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Did you bother to visit the site that was linked to? Did you read the sales pitch and sales PDF on that site like I did?

Thanks for the update on how Gbot works...and all this time, I had no idea. {sigh} :rolleyes:

chachi, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  9. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Right, unless of course, that is your website. I have no idea if it is or if it isn't. Posting something like that on your 5th post here (that or less), is suspect at best.

chachi, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  10. AMKiller

AMKiller Guest

Best Answers:
    I posted the link in the same spirit as I started this thread - to give everyone who could benefit from it, all the (FREE) info they might need to repeat the process and, I believe, to have the same success I have had.

And, no, the blog-and-ping web site is not mine, I'm not an affiliate and please ignore the salespitch in the document - you don't have to buy anything from him, I've given you everything you need in my blog for FREE. Read the pdf I've given you as you would any other case study - "if it could work for him, it can work for me".

And read my blog where you'll get EVERYTHING to repeat the process.

AMKiller, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  11. Swebbie

Swebbie Guest

Best Answers:
    You mean people in forums might actually have links on pages they suggest to readers that contain <GASP!> sales pitches??? I don't believe it!

Look, pal, take some deep breaths and climb down off the high horse. He's thirsty and could use a rest. She was not pitching blog and ping herself. Learn to comprehend what you read a bit better, ok?

Regarding Gbot, you clearly have a limited understanding of how it works in relation to their blog product (blogger.com). Now you know a little more. Isn't that why you peruse and participate in these forums? If not, may I suggest a second job or a new hobby? ;)

-John

Swebbie, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  12. reppy

reppy Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting article. Thanks.

reppy, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  13. JoeO

JoeO Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I tried doing this with one of my existing RSS feeds the other day after reading this post. And I checked today and my SERP went from 23 to 8.

Whether this was the cause or not I can not say for sure, but it definatly seems that way, as in my Yahoo results there is now an option to add the RSS feed to My Yahoo.

Thanks for the tip!

JoeO, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  14. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definitely worth the small time investment it takes to make it happen.

mopacfan, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  15. tcyong

tcyong Peon

Best Answers:
    This is amazing, thanks for the tips.......

tcyong, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  16. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. I wonder why Yahoo leave this backdoor open?

pg20706, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  17. Catfish

Catfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Relax Chachi, the dude made an interesting post about relevant information. Even if he is selling something somewhere, so what. So is everybody. The knowledge is useful to some people in here. If its not to you, go troll somewhere else.

Catfish, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  18. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Ok, ok. Everybody chill. I have taken many deep breaths and will now go troll somewhere else...maybe I will go back to Cabo, the trolling was nice down there. How is the trolling down at Ralph's?

chachi, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  19. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I tried this on my new site and here are the results.

Put a new site up on 17 Jan 2005 used the submit URL pages for Google and Yahoo.

Started a blog on 19 Jan 2005. Made a post and linked to the home page and 5 internal pages. I then added the RSS feed into My yahoo and did the ping thing.

Slurp came on the 19th and read the pages in my first blog posting and then continued to read about 1700 pages. :) I made another blog posting the next day and the day after and pinged each time. Slurp read about 800 pages per day over the next 3 days and then dropped off. Yahoo now has about 6 pages in its cache and these ones are the ones linked to by the blog. Also the blog home page went straight into the cache.

Today I actually got a single referral from Yahoo, wow!

This method seems to work but I am wondering how long it takes for all of the spidered pages to appear in Yahoos cache.

Ross

riziko, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  20. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    Did it too quite easy, I also added my site RSS, do you think it's ok?

Can I add your blog and site to my.yahoo.com? won't it hurt?

Questions... :)

plmerlin, Feb 2, 2005 IP