1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got FIRST PAGE RANKINGS in Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tamcake, Aug 23, 2010.

To thank DP for all its done for me, I will reveal what I have done to receive first page rankings on Google.

I recently started to do SEO on my websites. I usually just use bum marketing and email marketing to bring in the money. After seeing SEO services on different forums and reading about it everywhere, I decided it wasn't that hard to get noticed by Google. So I started on doing some basic SEO to my existing website.

The website was project I bought a while ago and was sitting in my database so I thought might as well do something with it. Within 3 months, I was ranking #8 in a keyword with 2.5 million searches and 2nd page for 2 other keywords. Within another 2 weeks, I was ranking #4 for 2 keywords, bringing me around 100 visitors a day.

I'm going to tell you what I did and maybe we can get some ideas thrown around on how to do what I did even better.

My Domain and Content:

My domain was a brandable one, completely unrelated to the niche. I used a subdomain, uploaded my files, and added some content. I used Wordpress to organize better and got the plugin All in one SEO, along with some others (meta tags, contact, uniquifier, etc..). I took the content off forums and tried to rewrite them best I could (probably around 50% unique).

SEO:

As for SEO, I didn't really do much on-page optimization besides installing the plugins, having plenty of H1 and H2, tag cloud at the bottom sidebar and keyword categories. My content didn't really have any keywords in them since they were taken from forums but I just threw in some keywords time to time.

Off page optimization is what I focused on the most.
    Here is a small list of what I've done and I'll try to make it a timeline as well to give you an idea of my rankings. If I remember any more, I will be sure to add stuff in.

Month 1
    -Around 100 social bookmarks to my website.
    -Around 100 directory submissions.
    -A 10 Page Linkwheel, all pinged and bookmarked.

During this time, I was trying to get my website indexed. All of this was spread out over the month so I don't draw too much attention to my website.

Month 2, I left it alone, thinking constant link building to a brand new site will raise too many flags. I'm not sure in the effectiveness of my thinking, but if I were to redo everything, I would have continued to build links within this time.

On Month 3, I noticed a change in rankings. I jumped from pages >100 to first page in a day for my main keyword. For my 2 other keywords, I landed page 2. Seeing this, I figured it's time to crawl my way to the top. This is what I did.

-500 profile links with anchor text or url.
    -100 page mini net, randomly interlinked. Kind of like a link wheel but not as organized.
    -3-4Link exchanges

I didn't ping the profiles or anything so Google will find them naturally but I intend to if I still do not see these backlinks show up in siteexplorer. Of course, with all the methods here, try to use a KW anchor text. The mininet was built so it looks as natural as possible and each one will link another one of the 100 pages. On each page, there are 3-4 outgoing links not associated with me but are still niche related.

So this concludes my Page 1 Google story. Now keep in mind that while I am trying to be transparent as possible with my method, I will not reveal my niche or website.

This is not a guide that promises you a Page 1 rank but is my own method that works for me. Since then, I have gotten 2 more websites ranked on Page 1 but only have <500k search results but have a good number of searches. For these two sites, I haven't even finished all of the link building yet so hopefully I will get a #1-#3 spot in a month or two after everything has been finished.

I'm just trying to help and give back what I've taken from DP and I hoped I've helped.

Please feel free to comment, discuss, or give your own method or SEO.

Tamcake, Aug 23, 2010 IP
    inomcoke likes this.
  2. coopersPick

coopersPick Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the great tips what do you think of a wheel like this? http://sportshandicap.livejournal.com/ where it connects with http://reliablesportspicks.vox.com/ and http://sportspicksoutcome.jimdo.com/ also why are some cached and some are not? What do you do to get around this. For example http://spendsportspicks.weebly.com/ (weebly) is a well known site but the bot has not found this and its not like it was just done. Would you be sending 100 social bookmarks to these sites within your wheel?

coopersPick, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  3. uk.loveit

uk.loveit Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you help me with the profile link building

i have no idea on it

uk.loveit, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  4. coopersPick

coopersPick Active Member

Best Answers:
    I could help you as well if you are interested. What you need to do is anywhere that you are active on a forum is to add your signature that fits with the site and contents of what you are dealing with and being active spreading knowledge will be of a great benefit.

coopersPick, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  5. uk.loveit

uk.loveit Guest

Best Answers:
    can you write in more details please
    thanx

6. lahirukk

lahirukk Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for the great info. can you explain a bit about link wheel.. is that like link exchange?

lahirukk, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  7. uk.loveit

uk.loveit Guest

Best Answers:
    link wheel is technique in which you build pages in web 2.0 property like wordpress,blogspot,livejournal ,flixya and a lot of similar free blogging services and direct them towards your own domains

8. sydzapp

sydzapp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to my experience, the following contributed to your ranking.
    Mininet - 75%
    Profile Links - 8%
    Linkwheel - 7%
    Social Bookmarking - 5%
    Directory Submssion + Link Exchanges + Other factors - 5%

sydzapp, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  9. xubair

xubair Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great thread and congrats for your quick success. I would like to know more about link wheel. What content you were having in all those articles used for creating link wheel and how many social bookmarks were created for each of those pages/articles involved in link wheel?

xubair, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  10. uk.loveit

uk.loveit Guest

Best Answers:
    depends on you

you can re write the articles or spin the articles.
    book marks are blessing,more they are,
    better they are

11. yaseen4u

yaseen4u Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for wonderful article

yaseen4u, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  12. surfptc.info

surfptc.info Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Congrats on your success and wish you more and more.Go get Bill Gates ;D

I want to ask one question , how long do you work on your site daily?

surfptc.info, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  13. ruby.mein

ruby.mein Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Congrats ...You can make your site become a first page from google ranking by having an SEO service....
    They have always give 3 to 5 hours in working for your site daily......

ruby.mein, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  14. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    great to see SEO working for you.

whatever you done is fine. but remember, you need to diversify for long term benefit. dont just stick with few methods and do them over and over. try various other methods for better result. do a little article marketing as well which will provide you good benefit in the long run

sultanofseo, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  15. Tamcake

Tamcake Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm happy for the good reception this thread is getting.

Trying to respond to your comments,

@surfptc.info: I don't really work on it that much. I just update it with content every other week and ping it. It still is on the front page and hasn't dropped yet.

@yaseen4u: Thanks for the thanks!

@sydzapp: Yeah I would think that the mininet would be more powerful than anything here but it has been up in the top page even before the mininet. It did help alot from #8 to #4 though.

Tamcake, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  16. Tamcake

Tamcake Active Member

Best Answers:
    @sultanofseo: Yeah I only told you guys the methods I used for the first website. For the other ones, I'm testing things like high PR blog commenting, article marketing, and other stuff. I appreciate the advice and thanks for the comment.

Tamcake, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  17. dofollowlist

dofollowlist Peon

Best Answers:
    great motivation to all of us. It's do-able, just take time.

dofollowlist, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  18. Tamcake

Tamcake Active Member

Best Answers:
    @dofollowlist: Yes it is completely doable. I am the laziest guy in the world and doing hard work with the end result being free traffic is too good to pass up. Just do your reading and act on it.

Tamcake, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  19. HeatherR

HeatherR Peon

Best Answers:
    Tamcake thank you for such an excellent post, full of information, and just goes to show what can be done when you put your mind to something and focus on it. Very inspirational post!

HeatherR, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  20. LBP

LBP Guest

Best Answers:
    Stay away from blog comments, thats my advise

LBP, Aug 23, 2010 IP