1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Get 15,000 Visitors From StumbleUpon In 1 Month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by amosgoh, Nov 1, 2008.

1. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will say that this is a good success, but then I will say you achieved nothing. Don't take me wrong. Alexa when you start a site is in a billion. So when you get some traffic you can drop down a million in a few weeks. So Alexa is not a measure of success you should use. Because once you get under 100k then it becomes a challenge to take your site down in alexa ranks.

Now you got 15000 visitors from stumble which sounds like that you wrote good articles and that I will congratulate you on :) Good accomplishment. Keep on writing good articles and you will be good to go.

1% conversion rate is good as long as you keep getting 150 regular readers a month, then you should have a 1000 by the end of a year. If you use multiple Social Media you will gain more. Try more of a community like Plurk. Even twitter maybe.

Once again good info posted about the time :)

smub, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  2. AutoGlobalZOne

AutoGlobalZOne Member

Best Answers:

Is Plurk also good? Never used...

AutoGlobalZOne, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  3. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Plurk to me is more of a community rather than twitter. Read this post that I wrote about it recently.

smub, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that Alexa gets difficult to maintain once it hits below 100k. But considering the fact that my blog have not reach the 3 months mark yet and able to achieve below 250k is pretty good in my opinion. Should be able to hit the 100k mark by end of 3 months if things goes on smoothly.

I saw that you run a pretty good blog in terms of ranking, page views and even content wise. You can expect me to be at your blog often soon. Currently building on my Twitter profile while takes relatively more time than SU. Perhaps you will like to share on Twitter tips?

amosgoh, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  5. TheKidBlogger

TheKidBlogger Peon

Best Answers:
    First, I just checked out your blog and I like it. Good Job!
    Second, I stumbled on my new account at Stumbleupon my new website today and there isn't much traffic coming form SU to my blog. Is there anything i'm doing wrong. My old SU account had no problems giving traffic to my old blog but my new one does.

Tips please?

TheKidBlogger, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  6. Frank-Zen

Frank-Zen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, you know what would be great? If all of us here signed up on stumbleupon and stumbled eachothers sites!!! That way we could all get a little more traffic and we'd be helping eachother out aswell. If anyone agrees with this idea send me a private message - it might just work.

P.S I hate spam and spammers, this would probably only work if no-one abused it.

Post your replies, It would be cool to hear what you guy's think. Could this work or am I crazy?

Frank-Zen, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  7. TheKidBlogger

TheKidBlogger Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought there was a rule against it?

Digitalpoint used to have people adding each other all the time. I don't mind. If you want to become my friend on StumbleUpon, PM me. I don't have a powerful account but i'm open to having as many friends as I can!

TheKidBlogger, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  8. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember the time of discovering the article matters as well. Do take note of this. You need to get at least 15 stumbles to see the trickle of traffic. 1 stumble only usually don't leads to any massive traffic.

Creating a group of friends to help stumbled shouldn't give you any problems. Don't do it often though. Maybe set a limit like 1 article per member per week. This will control the number of stumbles.

Remember to re-read the technique stated or you can check out my blog for a more concrete article on social media marketing as well.

amosgoh, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  9. penyu

penyu Peon

Best Answers:
    its good or bad idea to join some stumbling group website ?

penyu, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  10. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Your site will grow faster should you have a group of friend to help. It is always recommended to work in a group for mutual benefits.

amosgoh, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  11. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I grouped up with a few people last year on stumbling - it works well if your cute in regard to timings of discovery and stumbles

ronmac, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  12. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Does that mean you experience different traffic level at different time of discovery as well? If that is so, it makes my findings more accurate.

amosgoh, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  13. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats an amazing amount of traffic from one refferer in a month - well done

GrantDraper, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  14. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    I will track my 2nd month results and reveal again in this thread. I should be able to get over 20,000 traffic this time. Discover a new trick again which I will share upon confirmation

amosgoh, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  15. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    yea i need to invest more time there, make more friends and help stumble them and in return them stumbling mine. its pretty good way to get traffic, one day out of no where i got 200+ traffic just from there and i didn't do anything, imagine if i actually put a bit more time there.

Project Mobius, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  16. rajupp

rajupp Peon

Best Answers:
    only prob is befriending people who help promoting ur links, any possibility of such a group here?

rajupp, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  17. EasySurf

EasySurf Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it help to have your friends stumble your sites? what about reciprocal stumbles, like people do for links?

Robin
    easysurfexchange.com

EasySurf, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  18. qper123

qper123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using proxy severs or other services (like youhide.com) should solve the problem. You only need to change the ip so you can discover, dig, prop etc. as many times as you want.

qper123, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  19. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it does help. The more stumbles you have on a post, the more traffic you will receive in general. With a large community of friends, you can actually get a lot of stumbles if come up with a mutual benefit plan for you and your friends.

amosgoh, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  20. agabob

agabob Peon

Best Answers:
    did anyone work out how SU identifies you? By IP or by your account. If it's account we can just open several. If it's IP then it would be easy for me as well as I don't have static. Can refresh it all the time. So which one it is?

agabob, Nov 11, 2008 IP