1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I earned $200 from amazon in one month! Experience sharing...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ciscopower, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ciscopower

ciscopower Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bid on any keyword having amazon is not allowed. I suggest you don't do this. Any domain name with amazon in left side is also not allowed, such as amazon.yoursite.com or amazonxyz.com.

ciscopower, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  2. exclusivelysid

exclusivelysid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey ciscopower, so, how many visitors per day do you get on your site ? Thanks!

-Your post is definitely motivating...

exclusivelysid, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  3. origimist

origimist Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, there are certain rules to promoting Amazon affiliate links that if you break them, you'll get banned from the program and they likely won't pay you any back earnings they owe you.

You can't use amazon or any amazon trademarks in your domain name (amazon.mysite.com or amazonstore22.com or kindlemenow.com) or any misspellings (amazpn.com), nor can you pay for search terms using any amazon trademarks or misspellings.

origimist, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  4. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What type of scripts you're using?

shand0, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  5. Nimrod EX

Nimrod EX Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wondering (sorry if this is off topic) but what Server Hosting company are you using? (Where did you get your domain name and a server to upload your site?)

Nimrod EX, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  6. ciscopower

ciscopower Active Member

Best Answers:
    My hosting plan: Lunarpages, 3.95/mon, Linux os.

Visitors per day: just about 100 visitors. No too many. Sometimes get sales, sometimes zero.

I tried to buy traffic from DP , but looks no sales from that kind of traffic. I will let you know what is the final result of buying traffic for my amazon astore.

ciscopower, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  7. infopage

infopage Peon

Best Answers:
    The %'s Amazon pays out doesn't exactly motivate me and you have to wait like two months for your first check. The only way to do good would be to find the most targeted online shopping traffic for the absolute lowest cost.

infopage, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  8. infopage

infopage Peon

Best Answers:
    On social networks a snippet of one of your blog posts or articles is submitted to be voted on by the users within that particular network, so the more votes,the closer your content piece gets to being seen by more users and thus you attain traffic. As for forums, giving good advice and simply leaving a link in your signature which appears at the end of your comment generates traffic.

This is considered to be more targeted if you use the particular forum or social network relating to the niche of your offer. Also,forums and social networks tend to rank higher within the search engines because of the steady stream of new content that's added...this means that once your content is added you get the extra benefits of getting indexed faster and spidered more often by the search engines ;)

infopage, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  9. StarDOOM

StarDOOM Banned

Best Answers:
    Excellent read.

StarDOOM, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  10. DavidWei

DavidWei Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also considering to promote products from Amazon, but what sucks is the short cookie period and low commission rate.

DavidWei, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  11. origimist

origimist Peon

Best Answers:
    The click period and rate may be low by things like Clickbank standards, but people actually buy stuff on Amazon very often. Promote a product that is just under their $25 shipping limit and you'll find people order other random items to push them over the shipping limit and you get credit for those items as well.

I push VERY targeted traffic to Amazon. I get a 10% click through rate on my Amazon links, and I get an 8-10% conversion rate on the click throughs. Used to be 10-12% but between the economy and traditional fall slowdowns after back to school time, I'm getting a little whacked lately.

So for every 1000 impressions, I get ~10 sales.

The key is to provide content to capture people with a specific product need, then point them at the product that solves their problem at Amazon, not just litter Amazon ads willy nilly on your site.

origimist, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  12. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Your experience is a bolt of inspiration. I should get back to Amazon and see what I can do with my dormant account over there. It's been three years that I signed up with Amazon. Until now I haven't earned a cent.

Bohol, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  13. yakusokutebayo

yakusokutebayo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, for me too. I know social bookmarking sites are powerful, but i thought not for something like amazon store. Thanks for sharing!

yakusokutebayo, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  14. Jordank14

Jordank14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a fellow newbie to this Amazon affiliate world and would find it extremely beneficial if more people could post their own "trial and error" experiences. It'd be great to know what to avoid!

Thanks!

Jordank14, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  15. ciscopower

ciscopower Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update: New lesson learned.

I promote astore from many aspects, social marketing, comments from blogs , but the question is: when I got sales, I don't know what the sale is coming from ! Because all sources are leading traffic to the same webpage, and I have no idea how to separate them. Which means if I got a sale, I don't know where my customer is coming from social marketing or comments...

Action: I need to separate my astore to two , one for social marketing traffic , one for comments, so that based on difference astore track ID, I can know the sale source.

Any idea about this will be appreciated.

ciscopower, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  16. Yordi

Yordi Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice read!

Yordi, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  17. Christ

Christ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your result is amazing with 1000 page views you get 10 sales..

Christ, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  18. yakusokutebayo

yakusokutebayo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aren't there some kind of scripts to simplify this or scripts to track where the sales are coming from?

yakusokutebayo, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  19. naruponk

naruponk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks man :)

naruponk, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  20. infopage

infopage Peon

Best Answers:
    I know of a couple of ways of doing this:
    1. Create a subdomain for your offer's main url such as ab,bc,cd,etc. or some acronym that describes where link was placed(eg; ab.yoursite.com or digitalpoint.yoursite.com)...
    2. Goto your site's c-panel and look for the link that says "redirection setup" and do the same as in #1 (except the format will look like yoursite.com/ab or yoursite.com/digitalpoint)...
    3. Of course another option would be to buy separate domain names for each place you advertised in...

The main thing is remembering -of course you should save this somewhere- where which acronym comes from ;)
    Hope this helps...

infopage, Nov 3, 2008 IP