1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Do Over 10K in Clickbank Sales Every Month

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by amycheung, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice post. it should be included in the FAQ sticky.

karabas, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  2. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry...it's just something I had meant to edit out before. I did later. Please just ignore it thanks!

Amy

amycheung, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  3. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu - Thanks for the comments! One tip that could solve your "too lazy to do the subdomain thing" problem is this: you can use subdomain.yourdomain.com as your display URL, and yourdomain.com/subdirectory as your actual destination URL. Somebody else gave me this tip yesterday in response to my post (I posted the same post in another forum). Of course the subdomain name and the subdirectory name would be the same in this case. According to the person I got this tip from, google may bug you once in a while that the display and destination URLs don't match, but that if you just tell them it's the same domain they would leave you alone. This way you can just create folders on your domain without creating the subdomains. A bit easier :)

Creating subdomains actually isn't hard, especially when you can automate it with the zubrag.com script I suggested above.

As for xtreme conversions - congratulations on getting it. You won't regret it. The creator, Amir, is very good about helping people to get their scripts working. Write him or file a support ticket, or visit the xtreme conversions forum and ask for help there. I think they also offer to install your script for you for a fee.

Amy

4. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mroversized,

Those are common misconceptions, and ones that I often hold myself. What I find personally is that no, not all the good ones are already mass promoted. Actually, one of the products that is bringing in over $100 in sales every day (but only about $50 in profit after PPC costs) has very high gravity and is supposedly extremely competitive - and it is, but ONLY FOR THE EASY TERMS! Keyword research is half the game right there. I found a bunch of keywords that I was surprised hardly anyone was bidding on, that had a bunch of search traffic! And no, I'm no keyword research whizz. I just train myself to think "hmm....if I was looking for something like this product, what would I type into google?"

As for "the ones that nobody promotes are bad" - I often have the same suspicion, but time and again I've proven myself wrong - well not 100% of the time. Sometimes, yes, a product that nobody promotes is actually bad. But there are other reasons why gravity is low - it could be a new product, or it doesn't have as much search traffic so people don't want to bother, or it doesn't have very high commission, or whatever else. The criteria I personally use, which have served me OK up to this point, are listed in my first post. Look at the salesletter to see if it looks OK, make sure it doesn't have pop-ups (stay there for at least a minute, scroll up and down to the very bottom, hit the back button to see if there's an exit pop-up), and most importantly check the refund rate to make sure people are finding the product useful enough to keep it. Be bold and just try it. If you try 30 products and find 3-5 profitable ones you'll be rich in no time. Don't expect every product to be a winner. Just be bold and keep trying. There must be better ways than what I'm using but it works, so start with that and improve on it as you gain experience. That's the best advice I have.

Amy

Warning: On the other hand, products that are getting great gravity may not be winners. Chopper tattoo for example, or mp3 download sites. Those get a ton of search traffic and many affiliates are promoting them - or so it seems. In reality, my guess is that everyone is so attracted by the search volume these niches get, that they assume the products would convert, but when they actually set up a campaign they have a great bunch of clicks but no sale. $xx or $xxx or $xxxx's of dollars in adspend later, they finally pull the plug on the campaign - only to have another innocent and hopeful affiliate take his place. Yeah, I've been there... :) That's why I always set my daily budget to $20/day for all new campaigns now.

5. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which blog? I don't have a blog...

Guess somebody must have copied and pasted my post...

Amy

6. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Deerpark - You can put the redirect code in a text file, rename it to index.php or whatever. Then create the subdomain in cpanel or using the subdomain creator script from zubrag.com. This should automatically create the subdomain folder in your domain. Then you just FTP the index.php file into the subdomain folder. Hope that helps.

Amy

7. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kush86, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  8. mupegasus

mupegasus Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a friend gonna to try out with clickbank.
    Is that true that what u said about the payout term?:confused:

mupegasus, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  9. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    its true.. its to stop people signing up just to get stuff cheaper..

it is actually a good move by clickbank

Swerd, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  10. reviewerjoe

reviewerjoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to use frame redirects? Why not just use a javascript redirect or php? Much cleaner i think.

reviewerjoe, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  11. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,

There's an idea I want to get some feedback on.

I made the original post a couple of nights ago, late at night, when my mind wasn't even functioning fully. There's even a minor mistake in there (about some merchants not giving affiliates credit when they sell via opt-in - this is not true). Plus the grammar and spelling is terrible and there are so many run-on sentences. I didn't even re-read it before I posted it. Now that I do, I feel embarrassed...and feel a strong urge to fix it up.

More importantly, the original post was missing some crucial information that have skipped my mind when I was writing it. The good thing is everyone has been asking a lot of good questions, which I've taken the time to answer to the best of my knowledge. In answering those questions, I have shed more light on my original post. But these answers are all over the place - in different posts and in several different forums (people asked really good questions in the other forums too - to which I wrote answers that hopefully were helpful).

I was wondering whether it would be worth it for me to put all the information into an ebook that I could then give out to everybody. Now I don't know if I'll be able to find the time, but if a lot of you would prefer something like that, then I may just spend a weekend putting everything together. It would be my small contribution to the communities I've gotten so much from in the past.

So....what do you all think? Let me know!

Amy

12. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    that would be a good idea and I would love to read it..

To get something out of it for yourself you may want to turn it into a 4 day mini series or something and email 1 chapter / day. Or just a single ebook...

or something like that to build yourself a nice list.. It could be a good oppotunity for you to get some loyal subscribers.

Swerd, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  13. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice and Great post Amy; +rep added....

vvtv, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  14. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    <HEAD>
    <script>window.status = '';</script>
    <title>Successfully Train Your Dog in 7 Days!</title>
    </HEAD>

<FRAMESET border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>
    <frame src="http://myclickbankID.merchantID.hop.clickbank.net" scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
    <frame topmargin="0" marginwidth=0 scrolling=no marginheight=0 frameborder="no" border=0 noresize> <body></body>
    </FRAMESET>

You of course know ... against TOS the will drop your account if discovered.:eek:

reapr, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  15. blowingideas

blowingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    great post. a lot of forumer here on DP are actually earning huge bucks from CB. i'm not yet there on the list. though my 900-1k a month is already good for me. oh well, they said aim high! perhaps i still have lot of things to do to be like with some of the guys here.

blowingideas, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  16. JackRipper22

JackRipper22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity... amycheung are you still receiving CB sales? or are you also affected by the latest CB issue going around...?

JackRipper22, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  17. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Joe - I'm a newbie, and not very technically inclined at that. Don't know how to program javascripts...

The one thing I like about frame redirects is that my domain's name is shown on top of the browser, instead of my hoplink. Can I do that with javascript too? If yes, please tell me...I'll look into it.

Thanks Joe.

Amy

amycheung, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  18. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I know. I think I've already made this warning in at least one of the posts here. If not, I'll make it now: Yes, frame redirects are against the TOS of both adwords and clickbank. My method is to be a temporary one, just to filter out the profitable products and niches fast. In fact, I'm currently scrambling to replace my frame redirects with squeeze pages. I'm also experimenting with an extremely simple landing page that can be whipped up automatically using php or something. If I find something that works well I'll share it here later.

Thanks for the reminder!

Amy

19. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually not as hard as you think. It's a numbers game. The more campaigns you set up, the more winners you can potentially uncover, and the sales you'll get! 10k/month in sales may sound good, but don't forget that I'm spending between 1/2 to 2/3's of my revenue on adwords...if you don't have the cash to risk losing on adwords in the beginning, either set your daily budgets to something low, or try the various free methods that are suggested in many ebooks (squidoo, articles, etc.).

Hang in there pal! I was in your shoes only a few months ago. Figure something out, try to do it faster and faster and better and better, and pretty soon you'll get where you wanna be.

Good luck!

Amy

20. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK. I've decided.

I'll take everyone's suggestions, and my own replies to questions in this thread (and the threads I started with the same post in other forums), and answers to PMs I've received, into a free ebook. I'll probably throw in free distribution rights, and won't even try to build a list with it. I'll probably have an opt-in for updates though, ONLY PERTAINING TO THE EBOOK, and nothing else - no pimping of products. I'll regularly add to the ebook as I find ways to make the system more efficient and better.

I'll provide an update later....give me a day or two.

Amy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.