1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I average $500 Per Month With Amazon Associates Program

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by PuReWebDev, Jan 13, 2008.

1. TeMpTaTe

TeMpTaTe Peon

Best Answers:
    That was a very professional response Purewebdev, not everyone has the capability to run their own ecom sites on top of hosting/design/marketing and your packages sound great for the entry level to mid capable potential affiliates. Your services look very professional and the price is well within anyones reach for testing the waters at least to being an amazon associate. I myself have been with them for over a year now and am soon to reach income levels that will push past my normal 9-5 professional job. Maybe even within reach of resigning to continue these ventures. Using various methods including AOM, Astore and custom scripts with sites based on niche products rather than just another mall type site. It can be done with amazon and anyone starting off your services would be ideal.

Good luck with the business and I wish you all the best.

TeMpTaTe, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. The_Comishunned

The_Comishunned Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone... I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I was doing a search for Ecommerce for Everyone and found this thread. I have never been here before but I have been looking into Amazon Associates services for a little while now. I have been experimenting with Amazon ads on my blog and what not but haven't been too successful with the Amazon program. About a month ago, I started looking into 3rd party providers like AOM and others. I even considered using a free script I found. About a week ago, I stumbled across this site:

www.ibuyamericanmade.com

and noticed it was an Ecommerce for Everyone site. I spent some time on the E for E site and even talked with someone over the phone who gave me a tour of their service. I have to say that for $10, they sure offer alot. They have some pretty big plans and if they can pull it off, I don't see anyone else touching these guys for the price. Now, I am not a customer as of yet but I do plan on signing up later this week when I have some extra funds to do so. I just wanted to support the author of this thread and what he/she was saying about their service. It looks and sounds amazing. Hopefully with a little time and marketing effort on my part, I can get a network of sites going that will pad my pockets.

The_Comishunned, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  3. josephirch

josephirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the information sent

You have been very helpful and are fully aware of amazon associates and how and what is required to be successful i found your conversion via live chat very valued and have learnt a few more things from you which i could not have possible thought of myself you provide a great service and please count me in

I agree with you on the details below

Thank you

josephirch, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  4. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I may ask, are you based on a single site or mutiple sites ? is (are) your site content based or just store based ? hope you can help me out here as I've not decide on the format to be used.

thanks in advance

bujuk, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  5. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a few sites, but my main revenue comes from just one site. The site is formatted like any other e-commerce store, but I also use a blog and forum to add in content into the site, and to build a community of shoppers around it.

thanks,
    PuReWebDev,

PuReWebDev, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  6. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for posting this. I like the way you have the shopping cart on your website. The thing that would prevent me from buying from you is it doesn't link directly to amazon when I'm ready to check out. It still looks like your website and then it asks for my email address and password. I would be afraid that orderitontheweb.com would be able to access my passwords because of this. If it was me, I would just go directly to amazon to purchase the product.

DavidJames, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  7. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    So your main site is the store. in addition it is supported/link to a blog and/or content site ? or it work the other way around. In my understanding the first option is better. am I correct ?

By the way is the AOM well accepted by google ? do they index the site well. I know astore is not.

bujuk, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  8. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    The retail site should be the main purpose of the site, because if you are supposed to be doing e-commerce seriously and not just casually to make a couple of dollars, then you want the foundation to be a retail site. You can use a blog and a forum in conjunction with you retail site, and operate in that fashion. That's the same thing all of the major players do. Retail site as the foundation, community and resources to drive business and sales into the retail area.

Here are two examples:
    1. Amazon.com retail site , uses Askville.com to build community and encourage shoppers to it's retail site.

2. Newegg.com retail site, uses Eggxpert.com to build community and encourage shoppers to it's retail site.

As you can see, my advice is based off of lots of research, and closely following the major retailers to understand and reproduce their success.

Hope my response was helpful.

Happy Selling!
    PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  9. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the first thing I would say is that the order is perfectly safe. I actually use a frame for the checkout to integrate Amazon's checkout area into my site. The visitor's browser is in a SSL connection will Amazon as the checkout is in progress, so at no point does the credit card or personal information come into my possession. Now, that's probably a lot of technical information then the visitor will care about, but if they really wanted to checkout with Amazon and not on my site, each and every product has a buy from Amazon button, so they can go there if they prefer.

For me keeping the visitor on my website when they checkout is all about building and promoting the brand. It adds another layer of professionalism, and doesn't make the site look like just another affiliate if you know what I mean.

Hope this was helpful.

thanks,
    PuReWebDev

10. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    PuReWebDev, thank you very much for the clarification, they are very useful.

I'm also having the same concern on the check out system. ideally we should have the shopping cart independent from amazon. we should only send the customer to amazon when they are ready to pay, not before. there are 2 reasons that I can think of, first it will make our site more professional. so if they like the shopping experience, they will come back. not to amazon but to our site. this is where the niche play an important role. if we serve them right they will definately will come back. amazon is too big, find a certain niche items can be time consuming. our site help them finding the item quicker.

Second reason is our site theme or niche. since we a focusing on a particular niche ideally we should let then focus to the niche. if we send them to amazon, the potential customer might carried away looking for some other stuff. this is not really good for the ppc webmaster. the "inner force" to buy for that particular niche will definately die down.

by the way I'm thinking of getting AOM. based on my reading they have a good shopping cart facility (one of my selection criteria). good shopping cart is one of the lacking area for the other competitors. so i presume I dont have much choice.

bujuk, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  11. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a problem, I'm glad you my information is helpful to you. Before you make your purchase, please read the details of my signature, there are many good choices.

Happy Selling!
    PuReWebDev

12. DSL Guy

DSL Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great encouragement. Thanks for sharing. I am new to this forum and so far your post has inspired me the most.

I am thinking this same technique you explain you use with Amazon can be implemented for any affiliate product / offer?

DSL Guy, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  13. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I'm happy to help, motivate and encourage everyone to make more money with Amazon Associates program.

Remember that Amazon's brand carries a lot of weight and people feel comfortable shopping there. Some of the techniques might not directly be usable on other affiliate products. Consider that Amazon has a very extensive application programming interface, where another affiliate program might not have one at all.

thanks,
    PuReWebDev

14. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the offer.

bujuk, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  15. Villa

Villa Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all tips! It will help me to increase my earning from Amazon.

Villa, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  16. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. I will take the shopping cart idea into serious consideration for my affiliate site... :)

DavidJames, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  17. autoprofitcash

autoprofitcash Guest

Best Answers:
    I am going to check out your e-commerce for everyone. However, I am wondering if I do get set up with you if you will help me figure out what work needs to be done to be successful...?
    Thank you

autoprofitcash, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  18. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. It's in our interests to make sure that our clients are being successful, if not, we won't have clients for too long. Feel free to call and get your questions answered if your interested.

thanks,
    PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  19. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also of using them to monetize my site but they aren't using PayPal. Instead they are using check to send their payment. Its hard to clear the checks on our country.

Chancey, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  20. jukajee

jukajee Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your tips. That's very nice!

:D

jukajee, Mar 3, 2008 IP