1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How has 2007 been for Directory Owners? Share your experience!!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by humm, Dec 16, 2007.

1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What ideas were stolen from you Dan?

mikey1090, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  2. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure that happened here as i presented my ideas to many developers before finding the right one, these people are down here and one is an exact copy, the silly thing is they sent me a request to list their directory as an affiliate.

I have no proof, nor do i really care, the quality is below par and they do not really have a clue how to manage and sell the idea's.

but it does show that you need to stay in house until release, but even then its public domain, the good thing in most cases these people are $2 managers, they see an idea think its great, impliment it with no or little thought in regards the impact and sooner or later fall over.

DownUnder, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's why you acquire someone such as myself to bring your ideas to life(i'm busy though now, as usual :p). 110% trustworthy!

A lot of people, including peers of the directory niche are nothing more than qbc driven snakes hiding behind the mask of the web.

Sad to hear that happen, but I do understand how it feels. I just move on, don't support anyone using whatever it was that was ripped and proceed to make even things better, but cautiously let only a certain few know of the MODs.

an0n, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  4. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes an0n, you are correct, having been on the these forums for only a short time ( in relative terms ), i have come to get a handle on most people and even though i have not worked with you, i can tell you are of high quality both in your work and ethics.

For me at the time i did not even know this place or the people here existed, so for me it was a little late but do agree with just moving on.

For the others that are here it can not be stressed enough to aquire the services of people like an0n and others, penny pinching or listrning to everyones cry of " I am a expert" is not worth it.

DownUnder, Dec 21, 2007 IP