1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Hard Is It To Add A Welcome Page to phpBB forums?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by tvanslooten, Mar 30, 2007.

I'm a total newbie to forums and not too technical either but I was wondering if there's a way to add a block of text to the home page of a phpBB template. A sort of, "Welcome to my forum. Thanks for stopping by. Here you will find everything you ever wanted. Blah Blah Blah."

I would also use this block of text, or module, to add things like contests and other promotions I might run to get members active and involved.

Do I have to dig into the code and add this myself or are there existing phpBB forum templates that already have this type of module included? If so, where would I find them? I don't need anything too fancy. I just need a small area where I can add some kind of promotional/welcome text. All the templates I've found so far are just straight up forums with on other modules.

Travis

tvanslooten, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  2. Diether

Diether Peon

Best Answers:
    Diether, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  3. tvanslooten

tvanslooten Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is perfect! Thanks. By the way, I checked out your SMF forum. It's pretty nice. I like how the home page of your forum has a place in the center to put whatever you want. That's kind of what I'm trying to achieve. I want to have a prominent spot somewhere where I can put promotions, announcements, etc. Thanks for the tips.

Travis

tvanslooten, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  4. Diether

Diether Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using Tinyportal to do that, it's a modification for SMF.
    There are also a few portals for phpBB.
    Think I used EZPortal or something like that in the past.
    You can also take a look at MKPortal.

Diether, Mar 30, 2007 IP