1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How happy are you with AdSense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ArtistMikeDotCom, May 19, 2005.

1. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

I understand that it is relative to the person writing, that is what I was after. I was after the state of mind of the users of Google's AdSense program. The person that was giving their opinion about their impression of the "group" was not what I was after. It still is not what I am after. I am attempting to gage the level of dissatisfaction with Google's AdSense. If it is low or high, that's all at this point in time. The person that give their opinion about the "group" would not be giving a current opinion.

There are other groups on the web where the opinions are not the same as this group. Those opinions don't make this forum's opinions less relevant. Just different.

--
    Mike
    http://www.artistmike.com

ArtistMikeDotCom, May 19, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see what you are trying to say, but I value that opinion, because from everything I have read (which is like doing your research for you and giving it to you on a plate). It is accurate and it is an opinion. So it should also be helpful for you.
    Anyway: lets get back on topic:

What does everyone think of AS? 1-5 ;)

Design Agent, May 19, 2005 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    AdSense is what you make it. Put your time in and you will get relative revenue out. But make NO mistake it is BY FAR the highest paying most rewarding program on the planet...A rock solid 5.

Welcome to DP Mike :cool:

Homer, May 19, 2005 IP
  4. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, at this point in time the stats are...

1 = 1 person.
    2 =
    3 = 1 person.
    4 = 8 people.
    5 = 5 people.

5. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put like that, I´d give Google Adsense a 4. You are pre-disposing some level of dissatisfaction with AS itself , where many of the problems related to adsense that people experience may be due to thier own inflated expectations or inexperience.

I realise in the eyes of many I might be naive, but I couldn´t give a monkeys at this point in time, how much of the pie Google keeps for itself, they were the first to offer me a slice of anything. I have found them to be courteous and (relatively) quick to respond whenever I had a question.

If anything annoys me about Adsense, it is the lack of time I have to play with the formatting and placement and to add it to my new sites.

e10, May 19, 2005 IP
  6. dphoto

dphoto Peon

Best Answers:
    I give it 4 out of 5...

dphoto, May 19, 2005 IP
  7. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

My "bias" is irrelevant. I don't make people place their level of satisfaction at some level when asking them what their own level of satisfaction is. They choose what their level of satisfaction is. Not me. I just write down their choices and then repost the stats. My own opinion does not come into the stats as any more important than any other person's opinion.

I am just becoming aware that there is a growing dissatisfaction with Google and how they run AdSense. I am just attempting to run a little test to see what this particular group thinks about AdSense. If the system is not being run correctly by some people, and they don't like the results, their opinions don't become invalid. They just become part of the mix. Your own lack of "time" also becomes part of the mix.

--
    Mike

8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    OK but what is your modus operandi Mike? What does it matter? As e10 suggests Google were the first/ only ones to offer such a generious share. With that comes popularity. When 1/2 of the cyber population on gods green earth is using one product of course there will be negative and positive feedback.

The more you can learn about ALL the products Google offers the more you can mould them around you and, in my view, remain a step above the competition. AdSense is but 1 great product Google offers Blogger, Download APIs, Picasa, Desktop Search, Toolbar, Hello, Translate, AdWords, Froggle, news...on and on.

The more you know the more sucessful you will be with 1 and all Google products and Services. So I don't understand why you are so concerned with THE NEGATIVE AdSense user. We can all bitch about it, in some ways I guess :rolleyes:. But how can you bitch about 4 to 5 digits of additional income each month :confused:.

Respectfully,

Homer, May 19, 2005 IP
  9. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    i give it a 5
    im making almost as much money on adsence as my full time job
    to me its amazing

bloodwrath, May 19, 2005 IP
  10. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

It is information. It is info about what people think about AdSense. It is their opinions based upon whaterver they choose to base their opinion on. Lack of time, lack of experience, lack of help from Google, lack of return for the time invested in doing Adsense, what-ever. It is just info that I was not aware of so I asked so that I would find out.

Simple really.

--
    Mike

11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    kwewl, so your not a Yahoo spy trying the dig up bones on the competition? ;)

Homer, May 19, 2005 IP
  12. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

Nope, I run AdSense on my web site. If I worked for Yahoo, I don't think they would let me do that.

":^) ®

--
    Mike

13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Luv your ladybug :) Nice, subtle concept. What is your opinion of AdSense?

Homer, May 19, 2005 IP
  14. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:
  15. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:
  16. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Homer, May 19, 2005 IP
  17. Octavius

Octavius Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll rank it 5. But if there were any real competition out there I would be a lot more comfortable with it. The way things stand right now, some sites can't be monetized very well with anything except Adsense. And that puts me at the mercy of something I can't control, with no other options. I'd rather have more choices if things turn south.

Octavius, May 19, 2005 IP