1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How happy are you with AdSense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ArtistMikeDotCom, May 19, 2005.

How happy are you with Google and AdSense?

1 = Not happy at all, I will get rid of it as soon as I can.
    2 =
    3 =
    4 =
    5 = I like everything about Google and AdSense!

Where do you figure your feelings are about AdSense and how Google runs things?

--
    Mike
    http://www.artistmike.com

ArtistMikeDotCom, May 19, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Mike, Thirty minutes after you have completed your tenth post you will have signiture priviledges.

I think most people feel of the programs currently available Adsense is the best.

Shannon

Smyrl, May 19, 2005 IP
  3. DJRubio

DJRubio Peon

Best Answers:
    hummm...
    Unhappy and frustrated for the last week cause my eCPM dropped by 40%...
    but it's still the best payout for me!

DJRubio, May 19, 2005 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Put me down for a 5...

mopacfan, May 19, 2005 IP
  5. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a big fan (even if I happen to be a big critic) of Google and the awesome tools they develop. AdSense has been around for a while, but I just BARELY got started this month. So while I can vote 5 for Google in general - AdSense gets an "?" as I have little to go on for now.

I'm up to $11 after a bit over 2 weeks - but I'm just messing around with the controls, ad placement, colors etc. I have a feeling I'll be able to make more if I put some attention into it.

Epica, May 19, 2005 IP
  6. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    In just three words...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

I'm getting money for my websites, that's just great! I was making them for fun only and now I have my hosting bills paid, domains paid and still some extra money to go out dinner with my girlfriend.

eduardomaio, May 19, 2005 IP
  7. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say a 4. It's sometimes frustrating just having to trust the % they pay you. I don't like not knowing. It's the best program out there. There are just too many unknowns and guess work to give it a 5.

MattL, May 19, 2005 IP
  8. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    4.5, Happy, always. Some things are problems, but there is no solution.

honey, May 19, 2005 IP
  9. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    4. Happy about it although I wish there were more options and better tracking. What is your score for google Mike?

SHT, May 19, 2005 IP
  10. convergency

convergency Active Member

Best Answers:

Overall I'm happy with the service. Payouts will be better if Yahoo or MSN gets something off the ground to compete. Some of the TOS restrictions could be refined or removed, but for the most part everything is okay. On some of my sites, I could make way more money if I had the time to actually search out, service and manage advertisers, but until I do, Adsense is nice revenue vehicle.

convergency, May 19, 2005 IP
  11. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It really changed everything around me and how I perceive my sites now is totally diff from what I used to before subscribing to adsense!

Imran, May 19, 2005 IP
  12. enet

enet Peon

Best Answers:
    I started on May 1st and was extremely frustrated at the progress for the first week. The key to success is testing for me and I am finally beginning to see the light after 19-days. I will give it a cautious 5.

enet, May 19, 2005 IP
  13. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

I was asking how you as an individual feels about Google and AdSense. Not what you think other people feel about Google and AdSense.

--
    Mike

14. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

I was at a 4... before the first of this year... then they put something into the system that knocked many people (including me) down to about 50% of what they were making. I really think they don't value the web site owner as much as they should. My personal feelings are that they treat web site owners as totally replaceable and expendable on an individual basis and as a group they don't value the requests / needs and input of web site owners. I think we as a group are 3rd in line as far as Google is concerned.

I rank my feelings about Google at 3 and Adsense at a 3.

--
    Mike

15. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    You dont have to respond in that manner. It has been discussed so many times that Smyrl was giving you a barometer of general feeling. But if you prefer, base your opinion on the 7- 8 responses you've had.

Personally, Adsense gets a 3 from me. It is VERY good, but being a saleman with no fixed comission rate or a way to see how much of each click you get is something that can not last if there is competition.

I would expect the better we can track + convert etc the more money G. would make - so there must be obvious reasons why the are not doing this.

Design Agent, May 19, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  16. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    You said perfectly, Design Agent. It was nice of Smyrl to summarize the findings from many similar previous threads instead of pointing him to the search function on DP.

Liminal, May 19, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  17. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:

Virtually everything about Google AS is great. What prevents them from getting perfect marks is the uncertainty.

How much will I get for a click, why are there PSAs on a page that an hour ago had tons of ads, why all the secrecy?

My bet is that these are all part of an evolution which will be hastened (and has been hastened) by the advent of serious competition.

lingeriediva, May 19, 2005 IP
  18. ArtistMikeDotCom

ArtistMikeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:

I made no rude comment. What "manner" are you referring to?

I asked for individual opinions from each person, I am not really interested in one person's opinion about what they think a group thinks.

As for it being discussed many times in the past, that may be true, but Google changes things almost every month so opinions about what Google has done could have changed from the last time the topic was discussed.

Plus the person that responded for the "group" could be see by the "group" as a leader, and could influence opinions, I was not after that. I wanted each person's opinion about Google and Adsense unbiased by what one person thinks the "group" thinks.

--
    Mike

19. JAWz

JAWz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say a 4. The only complaint is the inconsistency on EPC and lack of communication with publishers at times.

JAWz

JAWz, May 19, 2005 IP
  20. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, using the opinions you are getting are not extremely helpful. It is VERY relative.
    For example:
    Lets say, I own a site, it has adsense on it - to me the adsense takes away from the visitor experience. I find however that my overall ROI for the site is 6% up. So for me It almost isnt worth it for that site.
    However, a student that used to run a games site and has just added AS and made $50 is going to say "I give it 10 points". The best answer you could have really had - if you wanted to find out something useful was the one you were given.

Anyone who is influenced to change how they feel, by that post, you really dont want their opinion anyway.

Design Agent, May 19, 2005 IP